Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I'm having a hard time deciding how I'd want to build my Necromancer. A pet-focused build sounds fun, but so does a Death Shroud focus. And I can't really do either one with a dual Dagger life-stealing build, either.

I imagine I'd have a lot of fun experimenting with this class.

Does Consume Conditions feast on conditions on ME, or on my target?
    Yea, i played a long time with the skill calculator last night, I came out with DaggerDagger-AxeWarhorn, With a build revolving around Death Shroud, curses, and life drain. I was really satisfied with the end result=). Wish I still had it saved.
    By the looks of it Consume Conditions, feasts on your own conditions, clearing them and healing you with each one removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leaning towards this one at this point:

Dual dagger seems to be kind of a defensively-focused Necromancer build, so I'm not 100% sure I want to go that route (plus I'm picking dagger/dagger on way too many characters, feels weird). This build, if I've worked out right, focuses heavily on conditions and Death Shroud.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-02 at 11:22 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely going to be a Charr Necromancer. The class's skills look so dark and powerful; definitely the class for me :P

Dual dagger seems to be kind of a defensively-focused Necromancer build, so I'm not 100% sure I want to go that route (plus I'm picking dagger/dagger on way too many characters, feels weird). This build, if I've worked out right, focuses heavily on conditions and Death Shroud.
    I'd say beyond just defensive, if you pump enough points into the blood trait line and you'll have a very solid ally support weapon set. As the blood trait line allows life transfer healing to go to allies as well as increasing the healing down by your drains and boons. Throw in the cripples, bleeds, and burning conditions and the whole thing screams of helping your allies fight better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    I'd say beyond just defensive, if you pump enough points into the blood trait line and you'll have a very solid ally support weapon set. As the blood trait line allows life transfer healing to go to allies as well as increasing the healing down by your drains and boons. Throw in the cripples, bleeds, and burning conditions and the whole thing screams of helping your allies fight better.
    Life Transfer is a Death Shroud ability I believe?

Definitely sounds like a defensive support-caster build, then.
    Kinda like if you want heavily defensive as an Engineer, thus resulting in your only remaining traits being beneficial to turrets and nothing else. (for the most part)
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I'm leaning towards this one at this point:

Exactly what i'm using Dual dags for, going for a very tanky death shroud build, that will mainly do damage between conditions, saw some amazing combos a Necro can pull with his utilities.

Deleted
    I would really appreciate if the thread creator could add some informative stuff to his opening posting, like links to videos, links to the trait and skill calculator and maybe interesting articles & websites like necrobator.com. Looks like you created this thread in a rush, just to make a thread....

And I have a question! In one of the traits it states that you gain stability when you enter death shroud. Does anyone know what exactly is meant by that?

Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    I would really appreciate if the thread creator could add some informative stuff to his opening posting, like links to videos, links to the trait and skill calculator and maybe interesting articles & websites like necrobator.com. Looks like you created this thread in a rush, just to make a thread....

And I have a question! In one of the traits it states that you gain stability when you enter death shroud. Does anyone know what exactly is meant by that?
    Immune to physics?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stability

Stability is an effect that makes the target immune to crippled, chilled, knockdown, launch and knockback.
    i.e. Freedom

I was right.

Deleted
    Wow that's a pretty good one for pvp then. Thanks for your quick answers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fortunately, there's things such as Blind and Daze. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my first necro build that i really liked. I went Scepter/Dagger and Staff for my weapon sets because they looked like they would suit my playstyle the best. The utility spells also look incredibly cool for the profession. There is so much interesting things to do with a necro that it is going to be the first profession i do, Engineer and Thief will be second and third.

Let me know what you think about the build and traits as well please.
    Last edited by Harry Botter; 2012-03-04 at 06:09 AM. Reason: clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a hard time deciding how I'd want to build my Necromancer. A pet-focused build sounds fun, but so does a Death Shroud focus. And I can't really do either one with a dual Dagger life-stealing build, either.

I imagine I'd have a lot of fun experimenting with this class.

Does Consume Conditions feast on conditions on ME, or on my target?
    Seeing as how you're a necromancer, and you can't target allies in GW2, it'll probably be off of you and not your target.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...5657585s5t6067
    Took a lot of time on this, look it over and tell me what yea think. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be my Charr Necromancers build....

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...4s50575f5h5j6b
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatters View Post
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...5657585s5t6067
    Took a lot of time on this, look it over and tell me what yea think. =)
    I think me and you picked the exact same build. It shows yours is the exact same as mine. If so, then i like your build too. It seems like it would suit my play style really well.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatters View Post
    shux, my build didn't save right=/
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...585s5t60656769
    Try that=)
    I like the weapon choices, it's similar to one build i was playing with but i want to see how the axes and warhorn play out in the game before i make a decision on them. I did find it curious that you went 0/25/0/20/25 instead of 30 in two trait trees.

I'm not saying it's bad, i think it's pretty brilliant that ArenaNet is allowing the players such a huge level of customization in the game. I think after players get their hands on this game that we will be wondering how we ever got along without some of the features they're adding in.

I know I found it to be pretty bada**. With my build i'm trying to work around a tanky death shroud build, that supports by keeping conditions off of my allies and using them to heal, while also healing them through drains. I want most the damage coming out of the conditions i'm stacking on my opponent, so i'm thinking to win through duration. I used the fiend because I felt I might have been a lil vulnerable towards casters.