Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    The vid of Lewis B kinda shows us otherwise and apparantly, he traited into improved life blast so it gives me quite some concerns.*
    Idk he don't seem all that awesome in his death shroud... He hit the 4 skill like twice, I should know I was sitting there screaming "Press number 4 I want to see what it does!!" he also used hi deathsroud a lot while he wa running away from people which I found weird....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Idk he don't seem all that awesome in his death shroud... He hit the 4 skill like twice, I should know I was sitting there screaming "Press number 4 I want to see what it does!!" he also used hi deathsroud a lot while he wa running away from people which I found weird....
    Deathshroud gives you a second health bar. It's a great defensive CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Oh I know that, but he would be like full health not being followed by anyone pop it, run into someone else and turn it off, when I get to my computer I can find a few of the times he does it.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Oh I know that, but he would be like full health not being followed by anyone pop it, run into someone else and turn it off, when I get to my computer I can find a few of the times he does it.
    I didn't watch the whole video, only a portion. I didn't see that, but I'll take your word for it.

maybe he just liked the cool particle effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't watch the whole video, only a portion. I didn't see that, but I'll take your word for it.

maybe he just liked the cool particle effects.
    Lol maybe, I'd probably pop deathsroud a lot because the sound that plays while you're in it sounds awesome

Deleted
    Of course, it's nice for defense. I'll be the last person to deny that. But his damage wasn't great out of DS and even being traited into improved life blast, it still hit like a wet noodle. So all those DS builds that pop up won't really be builds that drop enemies in a fast way. DS has no conditions nor can you refresh the ones you had on your target, so LB should give a decent damage number. And in all that video, it fails to do so.

I'm waiting for Necrobator's footage though. Lewis is a nice guy and all, but he wanted to play more than 1 prof. Necrobator will have focused heavily on necromancer, so those vids should hopefully give a better view on the capabilities of a necro.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-03-09 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, it's nice for defense. I'll be the last person to deny that. But his damage wasn't great out of DS and even being traited into improved life blast, it still hit like a wet noodle. So all those DS builds that pop up won't really be builds that drop enemies in a fast way. DS has no conditions nor can you refresh the ones you had on your target, so LB should give a decent damage number. And in all that video, it fails to do so.

I'm waiting for Necrobator's footage though. Lewis is a nice guy and all, but he wanted to play more than 1 prof. Necrobator will have focused heavily on necromancer, so those vids should hopefully give a better view on the capabilities of a necro.
    Complaining about beta numbers, are we?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    People really need to stop saying beta is beta. Look at how SWTOR ended because of it. I'm saying there is something wrong with the numbers, and I sure am not alone. Let's hope Anet gets the message and tweaks.

The point of a beta is to give criticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point of a beta is to give criticism.
    People really need to stop saying beta is beta. Look at how SWTOR ended because of it. I'm saying there is something wrong with the numbers, and I sure am not alone. Let's hope Anet gets the message and tweaks.
    Yeah, but these are numbers, which are definitely not fine-tuned. The reason they put out these betas is to collect tons of data, with which they can fine-tune the game. I hate the phrase "beta is beta" just as much as you guys, but this is really one of those things where that's the only logical thing to say.

I'm more worried about concepts than numbers.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    While "the sky is falling" typically isn't a good view to have on beta numbers, I don't see anything wrong with discussing current balance issues. It's probably more the philosophy behind why the numbers are what they are.

@Vewen, I'd love to see some cool secondary mechanic on life blast .. maybe traited to Soul Reaping like: "Life Blast refreshes x or all conditions on target". I'm just a really big fan of the death shroud mechanic - I'd love to see a viable build built around it.
    Last edited by Chaith; 2012-03-09 at 09:41 PM.

Deleted
    I think in a DS build (i mean with traits like the speed of life force drains/gains/...) the best way to exploit it should be to pop it directly at the begining then survive with heal cd and life drains while you regen Life Force and finally pop it when your are full Life Force. That gives you 3 heal bars without your elite skill.

But i don't know how long it takes to regen your Life Force :/

Quote Originally Posted by Realities View Post
    I think in a DS build (i mean with traits like the speed of life force drains/gains/...) the best way to exploit it should be to pop it directly at the begining then survive with heal cd and life drains while you regen Life Force and finally pop it when your are full Life Force. That gives you 3 heal bars without your elite skill.

But i don't know how long it takes to regen your Life Force :/
    Either way, it sounds like a pretty insane amount of damage absorption, Can't wait to play my Necro tank =D

Updated skill list for Necromancer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV5RqW670lE

Curse has an updated Trait list for several classes:

Ranger & Warrior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z5i-...9&feature=plcp

Mesmer & Necromancer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxa5w...8&feature=plcp
    Dalor / Varkeer
    Guild Wars 2
    Necromancer

Sooo ya...Necro was like the last profession I had any interest in. Then I watched the latest Yogscast video where they play a necro in WvW, and then I started looking into necros more, and now I think I might main one. Even switched my sig from the guardian asura to a necro asura.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Sooo ya...Necro was like the last profession I had any interest in. Then I watched the latest Yogscast video where they play a necro in WvW, and then I started looking into necros more, and now I think I might main one. Even switched my sig from the guardian asura to a necro asura.
    I noticed the sig change

The video had the same effect on me, though to not to such an extreme extent (Engineer ftw ). The Necro is fighting the Thief for my 5th spot now.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

I plan on maining a necro now (still need to change sig) but would like some thoughts on my build. Im kind of going for a minion master thing. http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...pa4q5f5j5r5u68 The reason I cant have maxed out Spite is because i need all the the minion things in Blood and Death Magic . I dont know if it will work but im hoping that i can maybe confiscate my damage problems with the 10 points in Soul Reaping and taking the increased damage in Life Blast. Interested to hear your thoughts and if you have any questions. Fill free to ask

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IMonstrousI View Post
    I plan on maining a necro now (still need to change sig) but would like some thoughts on my build. Im kind of going for a minion master thing. http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...pa4q5f5j5r5u68 The reason I cant have maxed out Spite is because i need all the the minion things in Blood and Death Magic . I dont know if it will work but im hoping that i can maybe confiscate my damage problems with the 10 points in Soul Reaping and taking the increased damage in Life Blast. Interested to hear your thoughts and if you have any questions. Fill free to ask
    First comment is traiting for LB. Anet reduced its damage ever further and gave it a cast time. For dps reasons, at this moment, I'd really not try to improve DS's damage. You also trait heavily for life draining, but one of the biggest life drain is on the MH dagger, which you haven't taken.

First comment is traiting for LB. Anet reduced its damage ever further and gave it a cast time. For dps reasons, at this moment, I'd really not try to improve DS's damage. You also trait heavily for life draining, but one of the biggest life drain is on the MH dagger, which you haven't taken.
    Thanks! I didnt know all the stuff that happened to LB so maybe ill just take more points in Spite or just chose another thing in Soul Reaping. Ya I didnt mean to have axe on. I just keep forgetting to switch my link that i have saved.

I haven't really noticed. How "bad" is the damage in Death Shroud?

I feel like if it did too much damage it would be OP because it pretty much gives you a second health pool.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky