Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wow, this thread has not been posted in for awhile. O_o

So, I recently switched from using staff for DEs to axe/dagger. Even though it literally halved my range it's so much more fun (albeit more perilous). My usual build is dagger/warhorn + wells, but with the talks of AoE nerf and the extremely short range of dagger's main attack I've been thinking maybe I should look for something new. I dabbled briefly with scepter, but it seems like more of a condition build sort of weapon.

Does anyone run with an axe build of some sort?

Hello everyone, i have one question about necromancer. Does the movement increase perks with a dagger in main hand and off-hand stack ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeismystery View Post
    Hello everyone, i have one question about necromancer. Does the movement increase perks with a dagger in main hand and off-hand stack ?
    Stack with each other? Yes, stack with other movement speed boosts like sig of locust? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Well, I managed to find this power/condition build on the official forums. It's about the only axe build anyone seemed to suggest. I guess Axe1 is terrible.

37:40 is around where you get to see the build in action. Unfortunately, a good bit of the video seems to be devoted to having *perfect* stats on your gear.

Tempted to try it (especially since it doesn't use staff :P), but I'm not sure how well a bleed build is going to work for DEs. Usually there's always a stack of 25 going on without me making any contributions.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Lane, well... i know the minion master that was in my tPvP team used axe and said using anything other than axe was stupid... and he was an absolute monster so i'd doubt that axe is bad.... i think he had a dagger off hand, and then i knew his other weapon set was scepter, and i -think- warhorn because i've seen him with locust a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Well, I managed to find this power/condition build on the official forums. It's about the only axe build anyone seemed to suggest. I guess Axe1 is terrible.

37:40 is around where you get to see the build in action. Unfortunately, a good bit of the video seems to be devoted to having *perfect* stats on your gear.

Tempted to try it (especially since it doesn't use staff :P), but I'm not sure how well a bleed build is going to work for DEs. Usually there's always a stack of 25 going on without me making any contributions.
    Interesting! Thanks for posting this I'm definitely going try it out. It looks mega satisfying seeing 6.5k crits. It's also interesting to note that he had 3 warriors in that party (during fractals) giving him vulnerability stacks. Though that shouldn't be a problem with any healthy dungeon groups

I'm not sure if I'm bored with that hybrid build or if it doesn't work very well with my playstyle. I'm looking to try something different, but still effective in open world PvE/DEs. He also has good videos for glass cannon, conditions, and minions, but I'm not sure which to try. Anyone have any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if I'm bored with that hybrid build or if it doesn't work very well with my playstyle. I'm looking to try something different, but still effective in open world PvE/DEs. He also has good videos for glass cannon, conditions, and minions, but I'm not sure which to try. Anyone have any suggestions?
    go straight glass canon: D + F/A + F run wells and Blood is Power and Lich and play by the seat of your pants. Build.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Wow, this thread has not been posted in for awhile. O_o

So, I recently switched from using staff for DEs to axe/dagger. Even though it literally halved my range it's so much more fun (albeit more perilous). My usual build is dagger/warhorn + wells, but with the talks of AoE nerf and the extremely short range of dagger's main attack I've been thinking maybe I should look for something new. I dabbled briefly with scepter, but it seems like more of a condition build sort of weapon.

Does anyone run with an axe build of some sort?
    I play Axe/Focus Minion Master build, mainly for soloing. Focus#4 along with Axe #1 allows you to burst a good amount of stacks of Vulnerability quickly on a target.

A few of us are just getting back in the states and have been long awaiting GW2. I pulled the card for Necro and was wondering if there is anything out the gate I should be aware of. I did some research on the Necro class and feel confident I will be fine. Someone mentioned bug minions? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    I play Axe/Focus Minion Master build, mainly for soloing. Focus#4 along with Axe #1 allows you to burst a good amount of stacks of Vulnerability quickly on a target.
    I have axe/Warhorn right now + staff, and that's been a great combo. However, I wish I could find some better daggers. I know it's a little unconventional, but I really like going dagger/dagger with the necro. Of course I'm just playing mid 50's pve, but it's a blast to stab things in rapid succession.

What should I be looking for for viable builds since the last patch? I'm a fan of AoE and single target condition builds, but am wondering what else I could sink my teeth in to?
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    What should I be looking for for viable builds since the last patch? I'm a fan of AoE and single target condition builds, but am wondering what else I could sink my teeth in to?
    PvP, WvW, or PvE?
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Dagger power necro, Wells power necro, fear build (also relies on condition damage though)

The "most viable" one is the dagger power build, wells sort of work but aren't optimised and rely on heavy cd's and the fear build is "fun".

I'm a fan of scepter/dagger and use wells. Only minion I ever use is the Flesh Golem. this is all in PVE. I have staff as my secondary due the fear skill (plus I like the condition removal of 4). Really tough to kill, I like it a lot.

I run a scepter/dagger build with staff as my off weapon. It's a condition build but it works really well for me. It's also a might stacking build. I run two runes of each Hoelbrak, strength and fire to give me a +60% increase to might duration. I have a 20/30/20/0/0 build so I get an extra 20% to boon duration plus my Life Blast grant might for 15 seconds.

I usually run with Blood is Power for the might buff and Epidemic to spread the love around. I also keep Well of Suffering in my line up because it's pretty sweet. I never have any issues pulling 8+ mobs and downing them in a matter of seconds.

Minionmancers are great fun.

I use 20/0/20/30/0, dagger/focus+staff. Lyssa runes, Knight stats. Minions, provided they remain alive, are the most damage you can do (or so I hear).
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'm still a fan of the classic Conditionmancer style. The new Spectral Wall is awesome in smaller fights (larger fights it seems like everyone has stability anyway, all I ever see is 1000 immune messages) but it's still annoying that people can just dodge roll through every wall in the game EXCEPT LINE OF WARDING. /grumble
    Mainly because line of warding acts as a physical wall rather then a wall that was meant to be passed threw (like spectral wall)

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's not really, though. You can still Stability-walk through it, and if you roll at it, sometimes it'll actually spit you out of the other side. It's just another wall that has a knockback effect instead of a cripple/fear/etc. What's frustrating is how all the other walls are often useless against anyone paying attention, while Line of Warding isn't. =(
    Because line of warding is NOT MEANT TO BE PASSED THREW. The exception to this is stability because that's what stability does. That is it's purpose. Things like spectral wall effects only occur when you pass threw them.

It's just the nature of the skill.

What set of gear should I go for with dagger/focus and staff build? Power, toughness and precision I read, but I can't find a set that has these stats?

Also, which stat should be the main? I guess power/precision/toughness (in that order) ?