Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still play D2 sometimes. My Paladin made it to level 80, my Assassin was level 68. I also played the barbarian and amazon into the 50s. Still play the game sometimes

The trick is to run it in windowed mode. Google setting static resolution for windowed mode off launch and setting the window size. Thats how I roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    I still play D2 sometimes. My Paladin made it to level 80, my Assassin was level 68. I also played the barbarian and amazon into the 50s. Still play the game sometimes

The trick is to run it in windowed mode. Google setting static resolution for windowed mode off launch and setting the window size. Thats how I roll.
    You know, thats a good idea to force the resolution from the shortcut with triggers, because the game looks damn horrible stretched out on a 24 inch. Im going to do this tonight! I actually started a Strafeazon a few nights ago and im sitting at level 31.

Good thinking bruh.

If you were never around to play pc games at the time it originally came out, like yr 2000....then you will probably hate it simply cause of the graphics. But the gameplay is still solid, and addictive to get items. People rush in D2 though, so very hard for a beginner to keep up cause you will want to take your time. I would also recommend a new action rpg game like titan quest or torchlight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha nice, can't wait to try this. Thanks

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    I've never played diablo 2, I played diablo 1 on the playstation years ago, I thought it was complete rubbish and a blatant Gauntlet rip off. Everything was too dark it felt like I was getting eye strain, far too much sorting through inventory crap and mediocre game play with aweful graphics even for it's time. Was slightly pissed off for dumping £30 on it, however my brother and his mate used to spend hours on it so it wasn't a complete waste of money.

Diablo 3 so far looks awesome, so much so that I'm buying a new PC to see the game at it's best.
    By the time you were playing D1 on your playstation, it had been on PC's for years and was quite old. It was the best arcade style game for a pc of its time. You can't judge a game when it gets rehashed years later.

Deleted
    Decided to get d2 also in anticipation of d3.

What i do not understand is why d2 is 10 usd in the us blizzard store and 15 euros in my eu battlenet or eu store. ö_0?

Can i take the 10 usd digital download one from the store as a european player or is there some catch and i need to take the 15 euro one from battlenet?
    Last edited by mmoce9fd2c427d; 2012-02-29 at 04:43 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 2 on single player hardcore with the PlugY mod is hands down my favorite game of all time.

I doubt D3 will come anywhere near my expectations.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Me and my friend have 16 pairs of characters we have gone through the game with over the years on at least normal and nightmare mode completely just the two of us. Some on hell. It's a ridiculous amount of playtime.

It's an amazing game. Just because it's not shiny and new does not mean it's not great. It really shines when your playing with people you know. Also make sure you have the expansion pack, it made the game so much better on nearly every possible level.

Also /players 8 with two people is amazingly fun.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Titan quest is a heap of shit. Get past level 20 and come tell me how 'Great' titans quest is, or even the xpac Immortal Throne. I fell for the same fan boy shit and purchased the game for 30 bucks. It is horrible. Itemization is trash, replayability is trash. I have a feeling the people saying 'Try Titan Quest' are people who never played it. I had to make myself finish it.

Titan Quest is one of the worst D2 impersonators out there. Avoid at all costs. Try torchlight. Its engine is far superior to TQ in about 10k ways
    I completely disagree. I've played it AND its expansion all the way through twice.

Titan Quest is great fun.

Deleted
    So i hate to ask again but does anyone know if i can purchase d2 of the us blizz store for 10 usd and play as a european?
    Cause in battlenet and in the eu blizzstore it costs 15 euro which is like double prize O_O.

If you're a graphics fiend, you're not going to enjoy Diablo/Diablo II. Personally, nice graphics have always just been a nice bonus over a good game. Graphical STYLE is more important to me, and Diablo II's got some great atmosphere. More often than not, I see modern games trying to go with ultra high resolution graphics with photo-realistic textures, and it all looks like muddy garbage to me because the developers forgot about artistic style.

Gameplay, however, is where Diablo II is king. It's simple, yet at the same time complex. It's ridiculously easy to play, but pretty damn hard to master. It's this aspect that has kept the game popular. It's viable for short spurts of casual gameplay as well as lengthy, hardcore sessions.

Also, the music is amazing, in my opinion.

I'm STILL waiting for a modern MMORPG to have a class with a spec like a Bone Necro. Love Teeth, Bone Spirit and Bone Spear!

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Floppi14 View Post
    Decided to get d2 also in anticipation of d3.

What i do not understand is why d2 is 10 usd in the us blizzard store and 15 euros in my eu battlenet or eu store. ö_0?

Can i take the 10 usd digital download one from the store as a european player or is there some catch and i need to take the 15 euro one from battlenet?
    If you can, you'll probably not be playing online with Europeans. Don't know if Battle.net has the NA and EU servers separated or if they all play in one big pool of servers.

Deleted
    Thx mate, went for it and bought it. Currently installing, will see how it works :P

Deleted
    fucking assholes,

if u didnt play diablo1/2 stay the fuck out of diablo3, we dont need u little spoiled brats.

"diablo2 was garbage"????? wtf u taling bout u smoked? u high?
    "hard to play" LOOOL
    get thef uck off

dude, i tell u
    DONT DOWNLOAD DIABLO2 u get disappointed, cause ure a piece of shit that doesnt deserve that game

u fucking nerds make me fucking sick

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-02-29 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    If you can, you'll probably not be playing online with Europeans. Don't know if Battle.net has the NA and EU servers separated or if they all play in one big pool of servers.
    You can switch the servers with the click of a button in game. It's the same as WC3, not sure why they ruined this option with WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    Very personal and subjective perspective depending heavily on how much you like those kind of games (hack'n'slash).

Diablo 1
    pros:
    + base game
    + various classes
    + random dungeon generator, never enter same dungeon so no "I did turn here left and exit on my Barbarian so the same with Sorcerer"
    + lots of various demons to slaugher
    + "mature" (blood and gore) plus it has its climate

cons:
    - really outdated graphic
    - controls may feel...weird (fixed camera and character always in center)
    - low bag space and often village visits to dump stuff
    - may be boring in a long term

Diablo 2:
    pros:
    + base game and expansion
    + more characters to play (Druid/Assassin from x-pac)
    + V Act (addition to main 4 from base game)
    + better graphics (but still quite old compared to current)
    + rally nice story
    + awesome music

cons:
    - may be boring in long term
    - at first you feel weak but later...

Overall both games were (and for me are still) great ones. I recently re-played them and enjoyed. If you won't expect much GFX fireworks and focus on story and immersion you won't be disappointed much. It's a really nice stress-eater. So if you bought them, give a try and play. Don't think about how great/bad it should be. Just play.
    This guy pretty much hit it on the head.

As far as resolution goes, there are several 3rd party programs that can modify the resolution for you. It certainly won't make it look like something released recently, but it definitely makes it a lot better.

I second the recommendation for Titan Quest. That game was so awesome. Graphics are amazing, it actually had a good storyline, and some of the boss fights were great. Hell, I might have to go install it again myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the game over a year ago (D2+xpac) and didn't like it then. I decided to reinstall it and give it another shot after seeing some of the lore from D3 and couldn't stop playing it for like 2 days. As far as game play goes, you won't be dissapointed. The graphics are horrible obviously, but if you can get past that you should enjoy it.

I mostly played Diablo 1, but my girl loved number 2. So we got it and did a play through together. Obviously, it was dated, but it was a lot of fun. If you don't mind old games, there will be some kind of nostalgia in it for you! Also, I was pleasantly surprised with the community: Those left playing D2 are friendly and still playing because they still have fun. A nice change from the popular MMOs of today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post
    I would definitely recommend trying Torchlight.

While D2 is a wonderful game, I just can't get past how terrible the graphics are. The god-awful resolutions just make it look even worse.
    Thats the same for me too, i hadnt played diablo 2 before, id just completed torchlight and i enjoyed it so much i thought id play through diablo 2 since i love the dungeon crawler game type, anyway, about 5 hours in and i couldnt take it anymore, once you're used to seeing good graphics, going back to those dated visuals is really hard to do :P at least for me.
    Last edited by mmoc2aff718493; 2012-03-13 at 08:33 PM.