Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    At launch, pure chaos. As time goes by it will become more structured and objective based.

There will most likely be pure chaos at launch, then everyone will be more knowledgeable and develop different strategies... this is when the truly epic battles will happen. Cannot wait!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilereaver41 View Post
    1. Can there server's Handle such massive battles.

2. Will it lag during the battles.
    Those 2, and 3: Can I haz Asuran-skin helm? You can haz these other Charr ones!

I'll be expecting many, many, MANY sleepless nights.

I'm a PvP addict.

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Here's a tip: stop expecting stuff. You will just get disappointed if it turns out not what you expected.
    Just because that's the motto of some gaming companys...
    I dont expect to be disappointed.

Hehehe that's why I'm gonna play my guardian like a sentry in SC2 Force Field Force Field Force Field... I mean Sanctuary Sanctuary Sanctuary. Hope for a lot of narrow ramps

Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    I can see this being really good, or really bad. Mainly because I'd imagine many people would want to be commanders rather than followers.
    Sure, the system isn't a guarantee, it's just a way to ease communication and help forming groups on the fly. But the commander can't choose who joins of leaves, give bonuses, grant access to content or sort loot, or in any other way have any more power or influence than the squad members are willing to give him, so it's a self correcting problem. Nobody will follow iditos, and everyone will look the commanders and guilds with good reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Itikadi View Post
    i am expecting to never have to leave WvWvW unless i absolutely want to...you can level and get equip doing pure PvP, who would want to do anything else! stoked to see and start to recognize everyone from these forums online, will be fun!
    you wont be able to see the opposition's names iirc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gisei View Post
    hundreds of thousands? I believe the latest estimate is 2k per battle, which is 666 per server. I assume Anet will likely adjust the pop cap to make WvW enjoyable on mid range PCs.
    Guildwars 2 uses a render engine by Unity3 Called Umbra occlusion Culling.
    This Render engine allows them to stop rendering what your not looking at, or what is blocked from your direct line of sight.

Due to Umbra The world battles can have alot more people in combat, even on mid range pc's which is what you would call the rigs at the trade shows.
    They ran on the nvidia 250 card. on 4gigs of ram and a dual core cpu.

Most gamers have much newer beefier hardware, and will be able to handle much more on the screen, im personally sick of developers assuming we have piss poor machines at our homes.

---------- Post added 2012-02-25 at 09:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    you wont be able to see the opposition's names iirc
    You see their Team Color And name and they have a red healthbar, so you know you can kill them just like any other pvp game.