Dealing with Inscription botters/nolifers

I've moved to a new realm and all I have to make money with is Inscription. Used TSM to cook up a profitable batch of glyphs for a few thousand gold. Problem is, I've sold less than 1k since I crafted them. There are two guys who are on every hour of the day undercutting. They are either botting or have literally nothing to do in their lives. Either way, it makes turning a profit completely impossible.

How do you do it!? I've been doing JC for a while on another realm but those markets are nothing like this. It seems near impossible for somene who can only post twice a day to compete with someone undercutting 24/7.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

The glyph game is a dirty game, but usually there is always room for everyone to profit. Just keep under cutting by 1c, but it does suck when you spend 20 minutes putting up glyph auctions only to get under cut 15 mins later. Add them your friends list, wait for them to log, undercut. If they don't log, I dunno what to say man, the glyph game is dirty.

Deleted
    options:

Kill the market, place everything you have at 40g or w.e
    /w them and see if you can come to an arrangement of some kind
    accept that some ppl are more willing/able to camp the AH and just take what profits you can
    move on

making money is about finding a niche in the market. find the niche. clearly the glyphs one is filled.

Deleted
    Niche's have naff all to do with making money, this is wow, you are hardly likely to find a unique-omg-no-one-else-has-ever-thought-of-this-before idea.
    Granted lack of competiton always helps, but being the only person to do something is hardly the only way and as such a niche is never "filled". They are just doing it better.

Deleted
    They spend more time at AH than yourself, they got more profit than yourself. Simple.
    You can try reporting them, maybe GMs would bother to check and find something on them but I doubt it.

http://theunderminejournal.com/
    That helps too, you might find hours when they are not online to post by then.

expand. i use 3 proffessions for profit (jc, enchanting and alchemy) but i have fingers in many pies. get a comfortable amount of cash and look for holes in the market.

just off the top of my head, for someone who's not willing to check the AH every 30 minutes or so you could look into lower level mats. buy up every scrap of northrend leather and lower and resell for a profit. the competition isn't as fierce as current needs, but eventually someone will want to level LW, and that's when you make your sale. play the long con.
    somebody call for d doctor?

I reported 3 bots on my realm that resided in darnassus, all of them got banned shortly. jc+enchanting market is now safe from the dirty bots (for a while I guess)

Deleted
    It's harsh, especially with glyphs. If you really think they are botting then report them; but if they are just guys using the remote AH or who simply play more than you there's not a massive amount you can do about it other than perservere. The market will be dominated by those who have the most time to spend on it, if the glyph market is already cornered and you don't have the time to beat the other guys it may be worth trying to search out another niche on that server with less competition.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well yes try talking to them and come to an agreement. Add each other to whitelist on TSM. That way you post at same prices. If they dont respond = bots

Good luck

Them not responding doesn't really mean they are bots haha, just see if they are on almost 24 hours a day on undermine journal.

Deleted
    As already pointed out this seems very QQ because it looks like they put more time in than you do or can therefore you will always be undercut. Postin twice a day means the items you sell must be nearly unique or esle they will be undercut. Glyphs are not unique.

The irony is that you mention using tradeskill master yourself which has meant there are vert few gaps in the market and everything is so simplifed and nearly automated anyway. Previously it used to be possible to make money by spotting gaps from manual posting, but now with TSM it is blanket coverage.

Unless you can prove they are botting rather than just having more time then to make pofit you will have to get the mats cheaper and sell glyphs for less. You should also be looking to diversify by getting a new character with new professions. The undercutting is symptomatic of all professions. If you cant compete, then find new markets. If you can only change your auctions twice a day, then expect to get undercut by other people using the same addon as you i.e TradeskillMaster.

Craft crazy amount of glyphs, calculate how much gold you spent / glyph crafted, add +5g and crush the market. Rinse and repeat a few times. It'll provide you some profit and either force competitors out of market or make them less willing to dedicate much time to AH camping.

Deleted
    This has happened to me on a couple of realms over the past few years, I gave up in the end. How do you stop that which has no life? I decided to go on eBay, try some of the "skills" I picked up from selling in WoW and made enough profit to buy a TCG mount to resell, seems like a much faster way to earn gold but obviously more risky.

As for reporting them, I'm beginning to think Blizzard don't ban bots anymore, my server is flooded with them.

Ah that sucks, try whispering the guys doing it, see if you get any sort of response or find what they look like in game and see if it's 'suspicious', give blizzard a heads up, it could be that they do nothing or that the people are totally legit but it seems they just have too much time at their dispension for you to be able to compete.

I had this problem back in Wrath, and not just with glyphs. I was making engineering pets, glyphs, flasks, fish feasts, selling raw herbs, fire, water, and airs, cut epic gems... I was all over the place.

and everything I did was undercut within 10 minutes of posting by the same level 32 mage. Every. Single. Thing. And I don't mean just listing new stuff under mine, they would pull down all their auctions and repost them.

I don't even screw with glyphs anymore. It's a horrible market, and it's really frustrating because I put a lot of time in to learn every single glyph, on a 6th string alt.

But whatever. I made my money in the Wrath launch patch that introduced it. I farmed up thousands and thousands of herbs before Inscription came out and level capped it in about an hour and was the only person listing most of the glyphs for at least 2 days, made a killing on my excess herbs, too. 100g/stack for goldthorn in BC? Winning.

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to get around it. Just let them undercut you and hope you can still sell something. It's hardly worth the time. Even going so far as to drive prices down super low doesn't deter them, in my experience. They'd undercut me by a copper, I'd drop them by 10g, and they'd still do it.

Glyphs can be such a pain in the ass to make a profit with. Sure there is gold to be made, but the undercutting can be so brutal that after a while I realized it wasnt worth my time.

Inscription and Glyph making in general is a cut throat business and the worst profession to even consider making money on if you are new in the game. Unless you actually leveled Inscription from the early days of WTLK, you have a very small chance of making a significant profit.

I invested around 1-2K to level Inscription a few months back, couple rather. I probably made around 3-4K back which I consider to be good especially taking into consideration the market. I just sold all the glyphs I made and listed them on the AH. However, it is kinda pointless competing with other scribes cause for example, there was a Glyph selling for 200G on the AH which had a few listers; some fool came along and listed it for 20G. The next day I checked, there were around 10+ glyphs all listed below 20G. You can't compete with stupidity.

I've literally seen Prime glyphs listed on the AH for 4-5G. And another thing is that Book of Glyph Mastery sell from anywhere 500g+. I use to see them on the AH for 40-50G during WTLK. So it is kinda pointless even investing cause the people that have those rare glpyhs will just undercut you.

I got so tried of competing and making the barely little gold I simply donated all my GLyphs to my guild bank. You really need to have the patience for this. However, I make more gold making Netherweave bags than I do in the glyph market. This is taking into consideration pure profit only from my sales. A stack of that cloth costs about 3-5G on my realm. I sell them anywhere from 10-20G. I sell around 40 - 50 of them everyday.

I know someone that got into this business but was "bought" out in game from his competitor for 10G profit on each glyph and he had to make a promise that he wouldn't post any glyphs for around 1 year. You could try making some kind of deal with these people.