Page 49 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I'm actually happy about clones doing piss water damage because now I don't have to worry about sacrificing dps to shatter.
    At first I was like ZOMG WTF ANET?! Then my friend clarified the forum people were stupid and meant clones NOT illusions lol, I think it's nice being able to choose between spawnin meat shield, shatter sheep clones or phantasms who have more bite!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

That's intentional (so I've heard) but the clones are NOT dying nearly as fast
    Maxed out traited and with the signet. My clones can take 3 hits at level 80 by a normal attack before dying. Other than that they get one shot.

I have no idea how your clones are surviving more.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 01:40 AM ----------

As requested by roggles I have done testing on Double sword Mesmer.

Currently there is no reason to ever use offhand sword over offhand pistol. With testing, pistol does more damage, and more survival then offhand sword.

The phantasm for pistol attacks faster than the sword one, and it is ranged. Sometimes when moving the sword phantasm will miss, which won't happen with the pistol unless they run away. Plus it does more damage.

The pistol stun is way better than block. First off it splits into 3 affects stunning your target, dazing another and then blinding another. While Sword just blocks 1 attack, which sucks against channeled attacks like mesmer greatsword, rogue elite, or something else and then summons a clone which replaces your ever godly phantasms we have today.

Offhand attacks need to change, people would still choose focus for the utility and reflect projectiles, but offhand sword offers nothing good over the other 2 options.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

To be honest, you can easily see which is the Mesmer and which is a the clone just by the erratic movement of the player. Here's a tip, the Mesmer profession is about confusing your opponents. Don't run around like an idiot and backpedal all day long.

It's almost annoying fighting a bad mesmer because of how much I know they're doing wrong, and I've never even played it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else notice a buff to our "Illusionary Berserker" (greatsword skill 4) damage?

My bersker is hitting for about 2-3k every pass. Using shatter on it is actually a DPS decrease!

I don't remember it hitting for that noticeably hard during BWE1
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Maxed out traited and with the signet. My clones can take 3 hits at level 80 by a normal attack before dying. Other than that they get one shot.

I have no idea how your clones are surviving more.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 01:40 AM ----------

As requested by roggles I have done testing on Double sword Mesmer.

Currently there is no reason to ever use offhand sword over offhand pistol. With testing, pistol does more damage, and more survival then offhand sword.

The phantasm for pistol attacks faster than the sword one, and it is ranged. Sometimes when moving the sword phantasm will miss, which won't happen with the pistol unless they run away. Plus it does more damage.

The pistol stun is way better than block. First off it splits into 3 affects stunning your target, dazing another and then blinding another. While Sword just blocks 1 attack, which sucks against channeled attacks like mesmer greatsword, rogue elite, or something else and then summons a clone which replaces your ever godly phantasms we have today.

Offhand attacks need to change, people would still choose focus for the utility and reflect projectiles, but offhand sword offers nothing good over the other 2 options.
    not my clones, just going off of what everyones been saying, and i'd use an off hand sword if you're going against anyone like me where the second you drop your pistol phantasams will just whirling defense and laugh as it dies in one unload and continue to smash my axes into your face...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    I know I only did like 30mins of pvp on my mesmer, but I keep getting killed, some other classes seem so OP. Any tips?
    30min is hardly enough to get a feel for PVP in this game coming from traditional MMORPGs, especially the Mesmer.

The offhand sword has one advantage over the Pistol. Yes, one attack, but it can also be used as a ranged interrupty-thingy as well (daze?) that doesn't need clones. Trick Shot can do it too, sure, but Block has a much, much shorter cooldown than Trick Shot. That being said, its damage on the swordsman could be much, much better compared to the pistol.

And the block should be 2 full seconds unless interrupted, not one attack. Even frontal cone exclusive (unlike Blade Flurry), I can't see a single attack being something to hold onto, as a melee weapon.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    not my clones, just going off of what everyones been saying, and i'd use an off hand sword if you're going against anyone like me where the second you drop your pistol phantasams will just whirling defense and laugh as it dies in one unload and continue to smash my axes into your face...
    Like I said, focus or pistol has definite choices which make choosing either or a plus. Sword is still not that great.

The offhand sword has one advantage over the Pistol. Yes, one attack, but it can also be used as a ranged interrupty-thingy as well (daze?) that doesn't need clones. Trick Shot can do it too, sure, but Block has a much, much shorter cooldown than Trick Shot. That being said, its damage on the swordsman could be much, much better compared to the pistol.

And the block should be 2 full seconds unless interrupted, not one attack. Even frontal cone exclusive (unlike Blade Flurry), I can't see a single attack being something to hold onto, as a melee weapon.
    If it blocked for 2 seconds I wouldn't be suggesting pistol over offhand sword. Block in general blocks only 1 incoming attack, like blind misses 1 attack that hits and not for its duration.

Pistol has saved my life more times than offhand sword regardless of the 10 sec higher cd, its great for group fights and group CC. I am also able to get a perfect chain CC with moa bird on those god damn OP necros and their ridiculous OP defense currently with pistol

Oh I know. I'm just saying that Block should be a frontal cone for its 2 second duration. If it was, it would make it a survival choice (afterall, you're giving up the advantage of ranged phantasm damage, ranged cc) that would be worth weighing the pros and cons to. Which is why, if it would block for the full two seconds (frontal cone only), unless interrupted, it would become a viable choice.

Until then? Not so much.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Oh I know. I'm just saying that Block should be a frontal cone for its 2 second duration. If it was, it would make it a survival choice (afterall, you're giving up the advantage of ranged phantasm damage, ranged cc) that would be worth weighing the pros and cons to. Which is why, if it would block for the full two seconds (frontal cone only), unless interrupted, it would become a viable choice.

Until then? Not so much.
    Well it's not a block perse, it's more of reading yourself to counter the enemy, I know on rangers and warriors and eng when they use one of their block moves if they get attacked during that time you punish your enemy, and if you don't get attacked you hit the button again and punish them for NOT attacking!

My survivability is great on my Mesmer. Perhaps switch up your Runes, Sigils and Traits if you are still running with the default stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know a good counter for Warriors? They're currently the only class that I stand ZERO chance against. They bullrush me and 100 blades and by the time I get back up, I'm dead.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Does anyone know a good counter for Warriors? They're currently the only class that I stand ZERO chance against. They bullrush me and 100 blades and by the time I get back up, I'm dead.
    Get blink

Teleport out of stun

Profit. Dont stack vitality. It is probably the worst stat for mesmers atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the compounding power trait still exist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lately I've been hearing current mesmer sucks, hope you guys provided feedback to Anet on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Lately I've been hearing current mesmer sucks, hope you guys provided feedback to Anet on that.
    Mesmer are getting an overhaul, so what you see now wont be it on release.

Also pistol illusin critting for 3k every 1 sec for 4 seconds > Anet

---------- Post added 2012-06-11 at 01:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Does the compounding power trait still exist?
    All traits are there, except they are in tiers, like some traits you can't get on the first major trait slot but you can get on the 2nd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Mesmers seem to be trickier and harder to kill for me in this BWE, first BWE i threw a single axe and all your illusions were dead and it allowed me to bulldoser you lol. However, in this one your clones aren't dying easily and i've honest to god have been confused by them several times, a few i was POSITIVE it was the player (due to it running around) but would end up being a clone...

I think the combination of mesmers learning how to act like their clones, and the clones being sturdier is making them BETTER, yet idiots who just want MOAR DAMAGE!! are thinking mesmers are broken because their clones aren't hurting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like mesmers just need a damage increase and a few AI tweaks and they'll be in a pretty good spot. I'm really happy about the clone damage nerf.

Deleted
    I also think changes were quite good. I was playing more mesmer than necro. >_> Not sure what I want to play as main.

Lonely mesmer:

Deleted
    Did a lot of WvWvW this weekend and my Mesmer felt really strong. I was switching between Greatsword and Double 1h Swords a lot and could easily keep 3 illusions up at all times. Phantasmal Defender is just silly, seemed to be able to take a ton of damage while letting me take hits without really worrying about them.

Only slight problem is I did not use shatter once all weekend, having 3 illusions up was always more useful than the shatter effects.

And the reflect projectiles bubble is so much win