New sword skill:

Greatsword also got new second skill:

And staff's fourth skill:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    New sword skill:
    <SNIP>
    These are fantastic changes. After the last press beta I started leaning away from using a sword in my builds ... even though I loved the idea of leap/illusionary leap. And then I even started leaning away from Mesmer all together.

The new great sword ability seems much more dynamic than the previous one as well.

Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    These are fantastic changes. After the last press beta I started leaning away from using a sword in my builds ... even though I loved the idea of leap/illusionary leap. And then I even started leaning away from Mesmer all together.

The new great sword ability seems much more dynamic than the previous one as well.

Bravo.
    Yeah, actually seeing the new skill made me take back what I said earlier about not being able to choose the order of leap/illusionary leap. It's worth it for that.
    Increased dodge chance on an 8second CD? Sexy.

Hopefully they don't make melee mesmers so appealing that I feel the need to play my Mesmer over my Warrior. (which will be my two mains, initially)
    My warrior was a bit ahead ahead, now that distance has gotten slightly smaller.
    Right now they only reasons I'd rather play my warrior over mesmer is more melee options and the fact that I like the '6-10' skill options more on a warrior.

(^ Most of that is a lie, the real reason is that Heavy Armor is sexy.. but saying that makes me sound like a supernoob, I need to pretend that I have actual mechanical reasons to preferring one.)
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-03-26 at 04:47 PM.

New sword skill:

Greatsword also got new second skill:

And staff's fourth skill:
    Lol, throw a greatsword. Awesome. xD

I love the Chaos armor,I might start considering using a staff now hm.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Lol, throw a greatsword. Awesome. xD

I love the Chaos armor,I might start considering using a staff now hm.
    The chaos armor duration seems low ... unless that is the duration of the boon you are given (or condition you're doling out). But 5 seconds doesn't seem long enough since the only effect is damage and conditions when struck (though I haven't played to see how many times you can get hit in 5 seconds) ... either a longer duration or some sort of damage mitigation along with it (or stun breaking or something) seems like it would be better.

This is said, of course, without any idea what the hell I am talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    The chaos armor duration seems low ... unless that is the duration of the boon you are given (or condition you're doling out). But 5 seconds doesn't seem long enough since the only effect is damage and conditions when struck (though I haven't played to see how many times you can get hit in 5 seconds) ... either a longer duration or some sort of damage mitigation along with it (or stun breaking or something) seems like it would be better.

This is said, of course, without any idea what the hell I am talking about
    Considering it's a type of armor, I would hope that it provided some sort of extra armor.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

10+ Year Old Account
    Debating between a Thief and a Mesmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Considering it's a type of armor, I would hope that it provided some sort of extra armor.
    Well, it makes that purple bubble around you that we've seen in the Ascalonian Catacombs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Looks like I'm gonna have to start updating the front page again .
    And this is why most profession threads don't bother to put information on the front page. That's what the wiki is for, and then there's no updating to do!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    And this is why most profession threads don't bother to put information on the front page. That's what the wiki is for, and then there's no updating to do!
    Personally, I'd just put "Yo dawgs, dis info be out of date. Deal wiff it." above all of the info.

I checked the wiki ... and according to it, the new great sword ability replaces the Illusionary Escape move

I liked that ability. Roll away and summon a clone .... looked fun!

EDIT: Though I suppose with the trait that causes you to drop an illusion when dodging, it might be for the best to have more damage oriented abilities.
    Last edited by Jibjub; 2012-03-26 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Personally, I'd just put "Yo dawgs, dis info be out of date. Deal wiff it." above all of the info.
    Pfft, I'm better than all those other OP's from those other faceless threads!

Am I the only one that's a little disappointed in the change to the leap skills? I thought that getting two clones up super quick would have been great for shatter builds.

Harmonious mantras, use mantras twice before recharging again.

Shit just got serious.

So what skill did staff lose? Illusionary warlock?

Wow they really don't like phantasms lol

Also Sword mesmer just became good. The evade attacks thing will be deadly on a 8 sec cd
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-26 at 08:48 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    did they update luna atra for traits and shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    did they update luna atra for traits and shit?
    That takes awhile, give them more then 4 hours

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 08:53 PM ----------

I liked that ability. Roll away and summon a clone .... looked fun!
    That skill wasn't very useful in practice.

Hrm. I hope they switch the order.
    Though maybe it won't matter since they just seem to alternate each time you use it.
    Actually it is better this way. Because more then half the time I guarantee you when you leap at a target they will do some move to get distance. Causes more mind fucking.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Harmonious mantras, use mantras twice before recharging again.

Shit just got serious.

So what skill did staff lose? Illusionary warlock?

Wow they really don't like phantasms lol

Also Sword mesmer just became good. The evade attacks thing will be deadly on a 8 sec cd
    Finally some good traits, also staff lost Winds of Chaos.

Finally some good traits, also staff lost Winds of Chaos.
    the ball thing? I kinda liked it for a group thing. Chaos storm long cd isn't enough for boons to my allies damn it!

there goes my build

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm, a trait to use mantras twice before having to recharge?

I might actually use mantras then.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Hrm, a trait to use mantras twice before having to recharge?

I might actually use mantras then.
    Shitty mantra of pain damage is still shitty

Anyone know how much mantra of restoration heals for?

Since nobody tested mantras last testing phase..... 3 days and not one mantra of restoration??

wtf...