Page 48 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Highest is probably swords because it's melee. Most reliable is either greatsword or scepter. Maybe scepter because it has the most reliable clone spawning. Imo all weapon need that kind of reliable clone spawning.
    The scepter is way lower damage than the Greatsword, I found. Greatsword has quite decent reliability, and its tools are very fluid and natural, from one to the next, and back again. Probably the best designed for a Mesmer. Scepter gives that up for "Here's a bunch of clones" which outside of shatter builds, seem weird to me. Almost excessive. Staff's a bit lower on the damage as well, but a decent rate of clone production.

Highest DPS would almost guaranteed be dual-swords.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently mesmers illusions are getting a good rework this BWE according to one of the dev posts from yesterday. I'm anxious to find out. I'm on the verge of playing a mesmer, but a few issues with illusions is preventing me from truly liking them.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-06-08 at 12:29 PM.

So apparently mesmers illusions are getting a good rework this BWE according to one of the dev posts from yesterday. I'm anxious to find out. I'm on the verge of playing a mesmer, but a few issues with illusions is preventing me from truly liking them.
    Hopefully they did the 3 clone 1 phantasm thing I suggested.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    They also said they're fixing the AI with them and making them more responsive, which is always a plus.

They also said they're fixing the AI with them and making them more responsive, which is always a plus.
    They either gotta drop target, or act like a player. Pick one Anet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Zito, I need you to test the ever living shit out of dual sword mesmers for me plox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They either gotta drop target, or act like a player. Pick one Anet!
    I'm pretty sure they dropped target in last beta... that or my pet would randomly decide the mesmer being mauled by seagulls was no longer the real mesmer and needed to kill the newly spawned clone...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they apparently nerfed the crap out of clone damage, but buffed their health immensely. I'm actually ecstatic about this because now you don't have to worry about shattering as a dps loss. Also I prefer my damage to mainly come from me and have clones as a form of confusion/shattering. They're basically making clones what they should have been in the first place: a confusing element, not a damage turret.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-06-09 at 02:01 AM.

So they apparently nerfed the crap out of clone damage, but buffed their health immensely. I'm actually ecstatic about this because now you don't have to worry about shattering as a dps loss. Also I prefer my damage to mainly come from me and have clones as a form of confusion/shattering. They're basically making clones what they should have been in the first place: a confusing element, not a damage turret.
    Not sure what you are talking about. My clones still die in one hit, my phantasms still die in one hit.

I noticed no difference in clones/phantasms since last BWE.

10+ Year Old Account
    /Shrug I'm just going off of what others are saying.

The thing I've seemed to notice is that my greatsword seems waaaaaay slower. Mind you, it could have something to do with playing dual-sword for both the Stress Test and since servers went live today, but it just felt clunky, like my character was hesitating to go from one "Bzzzt" to the next. Did they actually slow it down? Or is it perspective shift from having to play a faster-playstyle-or-you-die melee?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    The thing I've seemed to notice is that my greatsword seems waaaaaay slower. Mind you, it could have something to do with playing dual-sword for both the Stress Test and since servers went live today, but it just felt clunky, like my character was hesitating to go from one "Bzzzt" to the next. Did they actually slow it down? Or is it perspective shift from having to play a faster-playstyle-or-you-die melee?
    Perhaps you were experiencing lag? /shrug, I haven't been on the beta so I wouldn't know. Maybe it is what you're guessing and you're just not used to it anymore.

So for the hell of it I decided to try a phantasm build, using only phantasms and shattering them for surv ignoring mind wreck and confusion.

With double sword, the phantasm crits for 2k!. With the staff phantasm he was able to crit for 3k when I summoned a clone giving out conditions.

I was able to get 3 out at one time on an elementalist. Did a tripple crit for 3k doing half his HP.

However its hard to get 3 phantasms up at the same time.

I know I only did like 30mins of pvp on my mesmer, but I keep getting killed, some other classes seem so OP. Any tips?

I have this issue when trying to play elementalist. While I am extremely hard to kill on mesmer (even downright impossible), I can't seem to get me working on an elementalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    I know I only did like 30mins of pvp on my mesmer, but I keep getting killed, some other classes seem so OP. Any tips?
    Read the tooltips of your weapons and trait accordingly?

Deleted
    For some reason I can't play my character anymore

I see the loading screen and the little circle in the right is circling around but nothing happens

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. Clones are definitely hitting for a lot less. I'm seeing vids of them doing like 10 damage per hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. Clones are definitely hitting for a lot less. I'm seeing vids of them doing like 10 damage per hit.
    That's intentional (so I've heard) but the clones are NOT dying nearly as fast, so they provide a better defense where phantasms are becoming more of an offense, and idc how much you guys say your clones are easy to spot in the midst of combat against a squirrely Mesmer it's really hard to figure out where the real one actually is especially if they duck out real quick and start playing as a clone...

Btw that's from my experience as being a Mesmer as well as fighting mesmers
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually happy about clones doing piss water damage because now I don't have to worry about sacrificing dps to shatter.