10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Mesmer downed skills are HORRIBLE, the invisibility one was ok if you lasted that long... however this clone and move 2 cm next to it is pointless while rogues still have their OP stealth before finishing them can hit?
    According to Larynx, Thieves don't still have that "OP" skill. They get a teleport, and a stealth, separately, with the stealth being #3, and not available very quickly.

Doesn't mean Mesmer's downed skills aren't horrible, of course.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I agree that GS was nerfed to hell. It feels slow, unresponsive, stuck in animations.

Currently in PvP, its stack toughness or go home. Mesmer is super squishy.
    It doesn't actually feel any slower than it did last BWE. Which is something I was reporting all along in BWE2
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    According to Larynx, Thieves don't still have that "OP" skill. They get a teleport, and a stealth, separately, with the stealth being #3, and not available very quickly.

Doesn't mean Mesmer's downed skills aren't horrible, of course.
    Theives can still teleport away (quite a distance) before stomp can finish. While other classes suffer and get nothing that can let them live a split second longer.

Now, with the mesmer, I'm sad to say but it's the only class currently in the game that I have absolutely no fun with in PVP. They're marking the player to avoid clone confusion, we're losing almost all interesting traits having to spec so hard into toughness
    I have to stack full toughness (6) set bonus, sigil, and trait in PvP to get the maximum toughness possible and I still get hit like im some glass cannon elementalist from BWE1 minus the damage. So its stack toughness and last 5 seconds or not and last 2... I don't see any other scholars getting hit as hard as a mesmer.

greatsword is an extremely innovative twist on what's normally a clunky melee weapon and instead they've punched it in the productive browneye.
    I thought greatsword was fine last BWE but they nerfed the speed more on attacks 1-3 so its just so slow, kiting is impossible.

It doesn't actually feel any slower than it did last BWE. Which is something I was reporting all along in BWE2
    It seemed the same to me with BWE1 and 2 but now, its slow.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theives can still teleport away (quite a distance) before stomp can finish. While other classes suffer and get nothing that can let them live a split second longer.
    Actually.... every prof other then mes has a way to prevent it, warriors have hammer, guardians have AoE knockback, necros have fear, elem has mist form/earth hands (earth hands prevent them from even getting to you, mist form is self explanatory), thief has tele, ranger has an aoe daze, eng has a tow cable and an aoe explosive knockback if they're alive that long.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    I think that mesmer could use either a survival boost or a damage boost.
    Had a lot of fun with clones though, fun to see people leaving everyone else in our team just to kill my clone, and people from my team trying to res my clone :P
    But I tried all professions and mesmer might be one of the weakest, unless there's are certain weapons and utility skills to have to gain complete controle of the opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I think that mesmer could use either a survival boost or a damage boost.
    Had a lot of fun with clones though, fun to see people leaving everyone else in our team just to kill my clone, and people from my team trying to res my clone :P
    But I tried all professions and mesmer might be one of the weakest, unless there's are certain weapons and utility skills to have to gain complete controle of the opponents?
    The targetting reticle has to go everytime we spawn a clone (or randomize which one of us it's on).

The blocks for Scepter and Offhand-Sword would be much better if they lasted the full two seconds rather than one hit. Only spawn one clone if hit of course, but having that lasting effect would be a huge benefit to the profession as a whole, and make something other than sword/pistol viable.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    While other classes suffer and get nothing that can let them live a split second longer.
    That's only because the finisher is broken OP and needs to be removed. Downed state in PvP could actually have strategic importance in that case, because THEN, people could actually cause a bit more havoc before going down, and actually have a chance at rallying.

Example: My Guardian can survive for LONGER than any Thief, simply because his #3 is an aoe-heal ground effect. But then the finisher comes along.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Gotta ask the Mesmers here did they buff the pistol phantasms damage? Every Mesmer I ran into using that (all of them) just wrecked me with the stuns + burst. Not QQing but I'm wondering if its a build or just high damage overall. Actually when I was playing my Mesmer the damage portion of them wasn't all that great besides the duelists.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Gotta ask the Mesmers here did they buff the pistol phantasms damage? Every Mesmer I ran into using that (all of them) just wrecked me with the stuns + burst. Not QQing but I'm wondering if its a build or just high damage overall. Actually when I was playing my Mesmer the damage portion of them wasn't all that great besides the duelists.
    They buffed the damage last BWE, it does like 4k damage every 6 seconds.
    The targetting reticle has to go everytime we spawn a clone (or randomize which one of us it's on).
    /agreed its not hard to follow a mesmer, even if you stealth all you are looking for is the one appearing out of nowhere... Clones really are only confusing to people who just jump in a fight but even then the slightest movement gives us away.

They buffed the damage last BWE, it does like 4k damage every 6 seconds.
    Ah ok. because the stun + burst honestly made pistol Mesmer the most dangerous profession to fight against for all my characters this weekend. Wasn't as devastating when I expected it/ got used to it but the first time I was a little shocked.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't play Mesmer much, but my one foray showed me that my Scepter clones basically spawn in melee range of my enemy. Didn't spend enough time to look at other weapons, as I made the character primarily to explore personal story options to see if I liked them for certain characters, or not.

Becomes incredibly obvious which is real, even without a reticule.

I am still of the opinion that we should have the ability to randomly swap with our clones with one of our profession skills. Or maybe have the random-swapping built into the clone-spawning, but controlled swapping would be more tactically useful in pvp.

I was disappointed with Mesmer. Clones felt really clunky. It was enough to change my perspective main.

Yea at this point, cry of frustration shatter should just be "shatter reality" - You bend reality to your will, swapping places with one of your current clones.

I mean the passive trait already gives each shatter a stack of confusion so....

Quote Originally Posted by Searsha View Post
    I was disappointed with Mesmer. Clones felt really clunky. It was enough to change my perspective main.
    LMAO, perspective?
    Last edited by ganglord; 2012-07-23 at 07:02 PM.

K so I did not see this bad boy...

Mirror of anguish:

"When disabled, it copies the effect back to the attacker"

So if the foe stuns you, he also gets stun, if you get feared so does he, if you get knockbacked so does he.

How the f did I miss this? Of course its a 90 sec icd...

/sigh

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 07:46 PM ----------

Also here is my build I have been working on:

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul...0.0.20.20.30.0

This is a crit (precision) build trying to get the most crits possible and having conditions like bleeds proc off crits, I threw in a life steal sigil for survivability with the staff since it will be my primary defensive move and a freeze sigil with my pistol, I need to know if illusions proc sigils and if offhand sigils proc off mainhand.

I am debating keeping the last 10 points in inspiration. I wanted more surv with my traits and looking at the minor traits in inspiration I said "wow they look good for this build" and then I saw the major traits and was like bleh... so I switched up my minor abilities for glamour ones.

What I need to know is if null field is constantly pulsing or is it whenever someone enters the area? and If mirror feedback works the opposite way? I know it stops projectiles from exiting the bubble but what about entering?
    Last edited by zito; 2012-07-23 at 07:46 PM.

I didn't do a whole lot of WvW in this BWE and I didn't do any with a Mesmer but rather with an Engi and Thief. Last BWE I did a lot of WvW with the Mesmer exclusively. A couple of conclusions I've drawn after my two BWE experiences:

1) Mesmers damage is really subpar. I was hitting for 500 a pop with the Thief's auto-attack with a shortbow and I don't recall any Mesmer weapon hitting that hard. There was even more disparity in the other skills. The Engineer was a little closer in damage output but still better. The only weapon I could break 1000 on with the Mesmer was the greatsword and now people are saying it's been nerfed.

2) Mesmers are fairly useless in sieges regardless of whether you are attacking or defending. Just not enough AE available to them and AE is huge for area denial in siege situations. Chaos Storm is a nice AE but it has too long a recast to use very often. The Thief with a shortbow has an auto-attack that hits 3 targets, a poison AE and an explosive AE. The Engineer has an insane amount of AE available to them.

I felt like the Mesmer was pretty good in 1v1s or small skirmishes because their utility in many ways made up for their lack of damage output. In large fights though, they were much less effective. Clones are too soft to make a decent diversion because they die in 1 or 2 hits. Phantasm damage is far too weak considering they are one of your primary methods to deal damage. Shatters? Hell, your weaksauce clones won't even make it to the target to shatter in most cases. If your target is retreating behind their buddies, someones going to kill them before they get to the target.

What would I suggest to improve the profession? First thing I would do is make illusions and phantasms immune to damage once you use a shatter skill. I don't think that would be overpowered (in WvW) because they don't do that much damage even when they make it to the target. I realize that sPvP is different and that invulnerable illusions might be OP in that situation so an acceptable alternative would be that once you hit a shatter skill, if one of your illusions is then killed, it triggers the shatter effect right then and there. A third alternative would be to make the illusions move at greatly increased speed once commanded to shatter.

I also think the illusions should be able to go up onto battlements (or down from them as the case may be.) They are illusions ffs and shouldn't be bound by constraints that corporeal beings are. Being able to send illusions up to shatter on a battlement would make the Mesmer much more useful in siege situations.

As it stands right now, I'm leaning hard toward playing a Thief or Engineer for a main. That's a bit of a shame because the Mesmer is what I really want to play but as someone that does mostly WvW, the one thing I really hate is standing around holding my johnson because I can't really do anything else.
    Last edited by Osprey39; 2012-07-24 at 01:42 AM.

Team Paradigm Mesmer Tournament Commentary

Doubt this is a tournament game. Montage with music.

In the right hands, I have yet to see a profession be bad.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-07-24 at 02:24 AM.

I can definitely see where they would be much better in sPvP than WvW. I only played part of one game of sPvP while I waited for the WvW queue but even in that short time I could see it was a totally different game. Much closer confines, no zerg or guards to run to if a fight is going poorly for you. I can see where the Mesmer would work well there.

WvW is a different story though. Relatively low damage and a lack of AE make it hard to get kills. I think if I were to play a Mesmer heavily in WvW, I would go for more of a support build. I will say this for the Mesmer in WvW. It's pretty easy to give a group of people chasing you the slip with your plethora of invisibility skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Team Paradigm Mesmer Tournament Commentary

Doubt this is a tournament game. Montage with music.

In the right hands, I have yet to see a profession be bad.
    Stacking power and going sword/pistol staff was the fotm build that everyone used.

Point is not enough builds are practical.

Stacking power and going sword/pistol staff was the fotm build that everyone used.

Point is not enough builds are practical.
    I'm just pointing out that, along with Engineers, Mesmers are not as terrible and bad as people might like to think. Limited builds does not equal non-viable or underpowered. It equals poor design.

Thieves are probably worse off than either mesmers or engineers, yet I see little complaints about them on here.