Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    so regen 1/6s?
    No idea, regen healing is neglectable anyway without a chunk of compassion to boost it. I don't know the scaling on compassion though for each of the heals.

Compassion increases each heal differently. However I do know that compassion is pretty much a wasted stat currently.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-19 at 11:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No idea, regen healing is neglectable anyway without a chunk of compassion to boost it. I don't know the scaling on compassion though for each of the heals.

Compassion increases each heal differently. However I do know that compassion is pretty much a wasted stat currently.
    iirc phantasms attack once every 6 secs
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

iirc phantasms attack once every 6 secs
    doesn't mean regen last 6 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    doesn't mean regen last 6 seconds.
    means the pulse would occur once every 6 s

nothing more nothing less
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

means the pulse would occur once every 6 s

nothing more nothing less
    I thought you were talking about its duration.

Also not all phantasms hit every 6 seconds.

Disenchanter hits 8 and defender hits 5 and duelist hits every 10.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-19 at 11:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel that Compassion is a wasted stat, actually. Especially as you get more Vitality, your heals feel much smaller.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I don't feel that Compassion is a wasted stat, actually. Especially as you get more Vitality, your heals feel much smaller.
    Yup. Toughness is good for surviving an additional burst, and vitality is good for prolonged life from conditions (to a lesser extent, burst as well), but what happens after you get low health from ANY sort of combat? My heal spell actually hitting for more than a third of my HP can be counting as a survival stat as well.

Reducing damage is nice, but it doesn't mean much if you can't push your healthbar back up after the damage has already been done.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose it'll take some time before people think of a stat that improves healing as a survival stat.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I suppose it'll take some time before people think of a stat that improves healing as a survival stat.
    Scaling is pretty low though, which is why I consider it a wasted stat. Its good for regeneration builds though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scaling is pretty low though, which is why I consider it a wasted stat. Its good for regeneration builds though.
    the scaling is ONLY low on regen, however on the other heals it is HUGE. My healing spring (which is said to heal for 4,920 in the tooltip) heals my ranger for at least 15k (having a 26k health bar this amount of healing is absolutely essential) and then i can use something like troll unguent or heal as one and just give me my entire health bar back in a single heal.... so it's absolutely NOT a bad stat, or have poor scaling... you really REALLY need to stop saying something is bad just because you can't use it well, you've said it about toughness, vitality, precision, condition duration, and now compassion.

PS: regen gives 130 healing + 12.5% of your compassion which granted per second, isn't -much- but it's better then the scaling bleeding or confusion get...
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-08-20 at 09:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

the scaling is ONLY low on regen, however on the other heals it is HUGE. My healing spring (which is said to heal for 4,920 in the tooltip) heals my ranger for at least 15k (having a 26k health bar this amount of healing is absolutely essential) and then i can use something like troll unguent or heal as one and just give me my entire health bar back in a single heal.... so it's absolutely NOT a bad stat, or have poor scaling... you really REALLY need to stop saying something is bad just because you can't use it well, you've said it about toughness, vitality, precision, condition duration, and now compassion.

PS: regen gives 130 healing + 12.5% of your compassion which granted per second, isn't -much- but it's better then the scaling bleeding or confusion get...
    Scaling is different per healing skill except regen. MoR and ether feast get a low healing increase from compassion because ether feast is increased by illusions and MoR has charges. MoR scaling with compassion was good till the change, then it's scaling was nerfed. No idea about mirror though.

If you want to talk about healing skills about the ranger go back to the ranger section. Last time I checked mesmers don't have healing spring.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-20 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scaling is different per healing skill except regen. MoR and ether feast get a low healing increase from compassion because ether feast is increased by illusions and MoR has charges. MoR scaling with compassion was good till the change, then it's scaling was nerfed. No idea about mirror though.

If you want to talk about healing skills about the ranger go back to the ranger section. Last time I checked mesmers don't have healing spring.
    Sounds like they just need to buff Mesmer healing skills.

Sounds like they just need to buff Mesmer healing skills.
    I'd rather have swap places with my clone shatter

10+ Year Old Account

you do realize that ether feast scaled really well with compassion right? Because not only was the base heal increased but the amount you got per illusion was ALSO increased, giving you quite a hefty heal if you were intelligent enough to use it with 2 or more illusions active, if you use it with 1 or less then it's just laughable because the base heal doesn't scale with compassion NEARLY as well as the bonus healing does....

As for the mirror skill i thought it scaled pretty well but felt the emphasis on that heal was put more on avoiding the damage then it was patching it up, not a huge fan of any of the mesmer heals OTHER then ether feast, but then again i just hate mantras all around so i'm biased there...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated mantras until I realized they had no cooldown. Seeing as there's no spell pushback, and you can cast on the move, I saw it as a win-win once I actually tried it out firsthand. You just have to watch out for when you might get CCed when you recharge it, as it takes a few seconds.

you do realize that ether feast scaled really well with compassion right? Because not only was the base heal increased but the amount you got per illusion was ALSO increased, giving you quite a hefty heal if you were intelligent enough to use it with 2 or more illusions active, if you use it with 1 or less then it's just laughable because the base heal doesn't scale with compassion NEARLY as well as the bonus healing does....
    assuming people use ether feast with 1 or zero clones out makes a valid argument? Basically calling other people idiots = mesmer compassion scaling is fine.

I hated mantras until I realized they had no cooldown. Seeing as there's no spell pushback, and you can cast on the move, I saw it as a win-win once I actually tried it out firsthand. You just have to watch out for when you might get CCed when you recharge it, as it takes a few seconds.
    I kite around something, makes people mad :3
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-20 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have swap places with my clone shatter

not gonna lie.... that would be nice, i vote we dump mind wrack and grab a shatter that teleports you and your clones to a random position (IE all clones and you teleport to a place another clone/you were at) and then X seconds later (x is increased on the amount of clones you have) they all blow up and deal mediocre damage. OR if they tie it to cry of frustration instead they all apply confusion to where they were... (IE they just blow up where they stand, NOT running into range)

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 05:04 PM ----------

assuming people use ether feast with 1 or zero clones out makes a valid argument? Basically calling other people idiots = mesmer compassion scaling is fine.
    if you're bringing ether feast to heal it with 1 or less clones you're not taking advantage of what the skill was CLEARLY made for and should just swap to mirror or mantra of resto (not sure how that one scales granted, but it'd be a better heal then a cloneless ether feast)

10+ Year Old Account
    I kite around something, makes people mad :3
    That is the idea.

Some of the skill building tools are putting cooldowns on the mantras, but from my limited time touching the mesmer back in BWE3, and again in one of the stress tests, none of the mantras I tried had a CD. Of course, I never got to the stun breaker...

If the stun breaker, condition removal, and dazing mantras have CDs, I'll have all the more incentive to add a third charge.

Would their CDs activate when you charge it, or when you expend the charges?

All I know is, I've fallen in love with the mantra builds. Picking the Daze mantra makes the traits based on interrupting/dazing your enemies much more useful.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-20 at 10:44 PM.

Harmonious Mantras sounds nasty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyur View Post
    Harmonious Mantras sounds nasty.
    Especially if it works with Mender's Purity the way I hope it does.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-21 at 12:04 AM.