10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Call target still remains on the mesmer.

/sigh
    That would explain why when i played on my mesmer this last stress test everyone saw through my clones despite me pretending to be one.... wasn't sure if peoples IQs had sky rocketed to the point of being able to tell the difference... or if that stupid lock on was still there...

Oh, i can confirm that clones are still annoying as fucking hell in the aspect that they will "aggro" my pet now despite whether i use Sic'em or not, so you can rest assured that you can destroy any ranger that's reliant at all on their pet as long as you keep throwing clones everywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Oh, i can confirm that clones are still annoying as fucking hell in the aspect that they will "aggro" my pet now despite whether i use Sic'em or not, so you can rest assured that you can destroy any ranger that's reliant at all on their pet as long as you keep throwing clones everywhere...
    It use to be rangers pet wouldn't attack anything but the mesmer. Clones will entirely useless against rangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It use to be rangers pet wouldn't attack anything but the mesmer. Clones will entirely useless against rangers.
    yup, it used to be if i hit F1 on the mesmer he'd lock onto the mesmer, but now if i hit F1 he'll lock onto the mesmer... and then switch to any clones you might spawn which gets REALLY annoying i might add xD.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think Mesmers would be so much more fun if I could manually swap with a random clone...

Or if, when generating clones, the animation involved in their generation could be confusing enough to not know which one is which. Say you cast Mirror Images, your character model should disappear into some kind of nebulous animation of purple energy, and then "three" of you spawn, with one of the three being the real you - which one being real determined entirely at random.
    Would love to see that for all clone generations...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I still think Mesmers would be so much more fun if I could manually swap with a random clone...

Or if, when generating clones, the animation involved in their generation could be confusing enough to not know which one is which. Say you cast Mirror Images, your character model should disappear into some kind of nebulous animation of purple energy, and then "three" of you spawn, with one of the three being the real you - which one being real determined entirely at random.
    Would love to see that for all clone generations...
    I personally am in love with the staff because you teleport backwards and then you and a clone are spawned at the end of the teleport which screws with your opponents mind especially if you stand still and spam 1 (power + cond staff build = win)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I personally am in love with the staff because you teleport backwards and then you and a clone are spawned at the end of the teleport which screws with your opponents mind especially if you stand still and spam 1 (power + cond staff build = win)
    I just think that's it's far too easy to tell which is real. Right now, it's kind of like the game you play where you hide a ball under a cup and spin them around, except you don't spin the cups around, and they get to see you place the ball.

Let's say the Sword one, the leaping illusion one? Instead of an illusion spawning out of thin air and then leaping forward, while you stand there... using the skill should cause a nebulous cloud of purple energy to form up, and then you and the illusion both leap out at the same time.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think that's it's far too easy to tell which is real. Right now, it's kind of like the game you play where you hide a ball under a cup and spin them around, except you don't spin the cups around, and they get to see you place the ball.

Let's say the Sword one, the leaping illusion one? Instead of an illusion spawning out of thin air and then leaping forward, while you stand there... using the skill should cause a nebulous cloud of purple energy to form up, and then you and the illusion both leap out at the same time.
    The sword one is the one i confused people the most with... and there is 0 way for them to tell who is who when all you are doing is auto attacking next to a clone...

Stop trying to spin cups with a ball under it, and start playing like you're in a house of mirrors, it'll work better.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sword one is the one i confused people the most with... and there is 0 way for them to tell who is who when all you are doing is auto attacking next to a clone...

Stop trying to spin cups with a ball under it, and start playing like you're in a house of mirrors, it'll work better.
    That is why I like the stealth utilities. I love making clones then stealthing out. Definitely confuses them and is also a great defensive tool.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    That is why I like the stealth utilities. I love making clones then stealthing out. Definitely confuses them and is also a great defensive tool.
    lol omg you're the ass hole mesmers i hate the most xD i get 100% sure i'm about to kill you and then BOOM clone... i really liked hiding in plain site and watching the frustration rise as they tried (and failed) at killing my clones that i was standing right next to....

Oh and when they did find me Cry of Frustration made me laugh my ass off! (6 stacks of confusion, and 3 stacks of retaliation meant they were going to have a bad day)

10+ Year Old Account
    Which continues to lead me to believe that this needs to be a baseline profession skill, instead of part of just that one clone summon.

For the record, if you leap at me like that, I'm just going to pull out a Greatsword and hit both of you.

Doesn't really matter when all of your reflections all perform the exact same move, completely separate from what you're doing.

But you saying that makes me think: what if clones mimicked your skill usage, instead of just auto attacking?

Why should we have to act like clones when they're supposed to be acting like us?!

If ANet makes that change, I can be perfectly happy without clone-swapping as a baseline skill.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-25 at 02:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which continues to lead me to believe that this needs to be a baseline profession skill, instead of part of just that one clone summon.

For the record, if you leap at me like that, I'm just going to pull out a Greatsword and hit both of you.

Doesn't really matter when all of your reflections all perform the exact same move, completely separate from what you're doing.

But you saying that makes me think: what if clones mimicked your skill usage, instead of just auto attacking?

Why should we have to act like clones when they're supposed to be acting like us?!

If ANet makes that change, I can be perfectly happy without clone-swapping as a baseline skill.
    We act like the clones because making them act like us would be more difficult... and idk what you're talking about with the whole it should be included... most the clone spawning moves do cause you to vanish when a clone is made, the only exceptions are the ones that spawn a clone away from you (IE scepter auto attack, or great sword 2).

And what do you mean by the whole greatsword thing? That has nothing to do with whether or not the clone was fooling you, you were forced to switch to aoe to deal with me and my clone, if i even decided to be the one to leap in...

Lol @ people on guru complaining MoR healing was nerfed to 2.7k claiming it was 3.2k before.

It's 3.2k with healing power

Deleted
    Just finished doing around 5 spvp rounds with this build. What do you guys think about it?

It's supposed to be a tank-y/condition build and I was really damn surprised when I actually tried it because it was pretty damn effective. I was almost immortal 1v1 and could survive for quite a bit 1v3 with smart use of immunities and CCs. I also had a good amount of CC and group utility. The damage is okay and it obviously lacks burst (the only "burst" being your phantasms, especially 3xiDuelist + sharper images) but I could still kill people with nice use of interrupts.

I finished first spot on the ladder all 5 times (which means nothing when you play with pugs and on the first day of release where people are still learning, but still!) and I only died once against a thief who brought me to 0 hp in around 4 seconds...

But I didn't post to brag, just to ask for opinions!!

When the servers will be back up I'll try changing the rabid amulet to a carrion one and see if it's better. The 15k hp are a bit worrying even though I didn't have much issues survivability-wise.
    I'm also not sure if the undead rune and chaotic transference stack... but I'm guessing they should and if they don't it's a bug...

Also, anyone have any tips in terms of weapon sigils?

i want to post my build so i can get some help on it... but i have to post more to post links
    Anyone got any good illusion builds?

So about those Scepter and offhand sword blocks. They kinda hurt.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So about those Scepter and offhand sword blocks. They kinda hurt.
    I was able to succesfully block one of those guardian stomp thingys that break the ground.

I went

YEAAAAAAAAAA WOOOOOO.

Then I missed the next one and went fuck.

I was able to succesfully block one of those guardian stomp thingys that break the ground.

I went

YEAAAAAAAAAA WOOOOOO.

Then I missed the next one and went fuck.
    It's a great, great feeling. Moderate/short cooldown, now they actually do damage (scales with Power) when you block (rather than just yawnclone), punishing them and rewarding you. Higher Skillcap, ability to actually play defensively? Fuck yeah.

So can anyone tell me if the Offhand Sword's block is reduced by the -sword cooldown trait? Because I think that's going to have a huge effect on my build.

That said, I'd do it myself but... work.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-25 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    Mesmer always looked boring to me. Decided to try one anyway... I'm in love.

Pvp is godlike with staff /sceptre combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So can anyone tell me if the Offhand Sword's block is reduced by the -sword cooldown trait? Because I think that's going to have a huge effect on my build.

That said, I'd do it myself but... work.
    I can confirm that if it says reduces CD on sword, it means both main and off hand, so if you have that tait you'll have a reduced CD on it (same with the block on scepter if you have the scepter trait)