Page 94 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Well boon duration is pretty freaking amazing especially with moves that are boon heavy (staff mes comes to mind!!) not to mention how powerful some boon are like protection...
    Yeah, but couldn't they do some combination of condition damage/boon duration? I think part of the problem is that you have to give up some stats for others, making an entire regear necessary for switching to a new build.

@Zito: Hope you see this, but would you have any feedback on the build I posted last page? I tried out just scepter+torch with sword/sword and it works pretty well, but I feel that my trait selection/ trait buff choices didn't do much for it. I'm still assuming that all traits max out at 20 as well.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well boon duration is pretty freaking amazing especially with moves that are boon heavy (staff mes comes to mind!!) not to mention how powerful some boon are like protection...
    Well, I suppose the way I should put it is.

When you want a defensive stat, Vitality basically always wins. That speaks to a problem with Toughness scaling as well, but stacking Toughness and building a bunch of condition removal is still better than stacking Compassion.

When you want a "support" stat, Concentration is basically the only one that matters, unless you consider Expertise increasing the duration of things like Weakness/Chilled/Immob/Cripple to be a form of supporting as well - both of which are stronger choices than Compassion, by far.

When looking at offensive damage options, you at have choices that are all worth considering. Power, Malice, Prowess, Precision, all have purpose.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Are you trying to use confusion as burst damage? Torch is pretty lackluster in PvE outside of the escape mechanic however its a good escape mechanic to get a boss off you for melee. You only have one interrupt so chaotic interruption is wasted.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fgEQ...x1jsnFGDM2bM3A

Glamours cause blind - which causes confusion - glamours already apply confusion = lots of confusion stacking. Though don't waste your glamours to get high stacks of confusion, but when you do use a glamour switch to scepter and stack it on. Once Image is done attacking shatter it for more confusion via cry of frustration.

In a pinch in melee? Waste a glamour and it will blind the foe.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Are you trying to use confusion as burst damage? Torch is pretty lackluster in PvE outside of the escape mechanic however its a good escape mechanic to get a boss off you for melee. You only have one interrupt so chaotic interruption is wasted.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fgEQ...x1jsnFGDM2bM3A

Glamours cause blind - which causes confusion - glamours already apply confusion = lots of confusion stacking. Though don't waste your glamours to get high stacks of confusion, but when you do use a glamour switch to scepter and stack it on. Once Image is done attacking shatter it for more confusion via cry of frustration.

In a pinch in melee? Waste a glamour and it will blind the foe.
    Yeah, my issues with it were well justified, thanks for the feedback though. The Prestige is kind of lackluster, as is Phastasmal mage as you mentioned, but scepter has been pretty kind to me so far, but confusion at best, still feels weak compared to using staff or GS, but against an ability heavy boss (only the shatter gives aoe confusion) it does pretty well. More in a "makes the boss peel itself" way than anything else. Maybe I'll try scepter/pistol for a while and see where that leads due to the 5 skill being pretty decent CC wise. Pretty moot on bosses, but useful while soloing.. Oh god, I want some dual spec or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    Yeah, my issues with it were well justified, thanks for the feedback though. The Prestige is kind of lackluster, as is Phastasmal mage as you mentioned, but scepter has been pretty kind to me so far, but confusion at best, still feels weak compared to using staff or GS, but against an ability heavy boss (only the shatter gives aoe confusion) it does pretty well. More in a "makes the boss peel itself" way than anything else. Maybe I'll try scepter/pistol for a while and see where that leads due to the 5 skill being pretty decent CC wise. Pretty moot on bosses, but useful while soloing.. Oh god, I want some dual spec or something.
    I want a 5 spec like rift.

I just don't like the fairly steep fee anytime I want to try a new trait build. I know we're not supposed to go all willy nilly with it, but some traits just kind of blow for certain set ups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Several threads in the suggestions forum have been asking for multiple specs to swap between outside of combat.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Several threads in the suggestions forum have been asking for multiple specs to swap between outside of combat.
    I hope it happens. And on the topic of scepter, still not preforming how I wanted it to, switched back to staff with sword/sword.

would definitely love having another spec to switch to. still hoping for dueling at some point as well.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

I miss the fear in chaos storm . I guess it's been a long time since BWE1. Haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenn View Post
    I miss the fear in chaos storm . I guess it's been a long time since BWE1. Haha.
    Wasn't it there during BWE2 and 3 also? I thought it got removed like RIGHT BEFORE launch.... btw i think they replaced it with a 2 second daze, so i'm kinda not disappointed about it (if it has the daze) because it means that they wont be feared out of my storm of chaos....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Yes, chaos storm has daze, but if memory serves I think it's 1second, not sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Yes, chaos storm has daze, but if memory serves I think it's 1second, not sure
    Just checked wiki and it is infact 1 second, kinda wish it was 2 seconds, but ya get what ya get!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Just checked wiki and it is infact 1 second, kinda wish it was 2 seconds, but ya get what ya get!!
    Afaik, Winds of chaos (staff 1 skill) has a daze attached to it for enemies.

So I finally found the niche for scepter builds. After a ton of group stuff with single target bosses, that's where it shines, using staff as the other weapon. It's pretty much a sheer debuff build (might work as a support build in dungeons), but it works pretty well. It with glamour skills, and switching between focus/torch gives some heavy support. Now only if the regen mechanic didn't suck so much, it could really be support.

Is there items that come with +crit dmg with out having to rune for it?

Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Is there items that come with +crit dmg with out having to rune for it?
    yeah i've seen some with crit damage on them

Hey any chance one of you guys can go through my build and tell me what i should tweak I'm going for heavy clone/phantasm build.
    http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...lbM9MfxpmVmbca

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    I hope it happens.
    I hope it doesn't. In fact I've been part of several counter threads on the official forum outright requesting that such functions never be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    I hope it doesn't. In fact I've been part of several counter threads on the official forum outright requesting that such functions never be added.
    i don't see any downsides big enough to not want it added

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    There's absolutely no reason to not have it.

Just because you want to be a special "It's not WoW!"-snowflake is not reason enough to have this useful feature.