Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So about that Scepter Attack speed...
    Link to Gif

Because of how it's chained, it can't trigger the next attack until the first one lands. Thus we have two "melee" weapons, and no actual ranged weapons?

Edit, turned that into a Link, because I'd rather be nice to people browsing on phones (or those of you still on cup and wire connections )
    roflroflrofroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl

Wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Link to Gif

Because of how it's chained, it can't trigger the next attack until the first one lands. Thus we have two "melee" weapons, and no actual ranged weapons?

Edit, turned that into a Link, because I'd rather be nice to people browsing on phones (or those of you still on cup and wire connections )
    And this is why i go into melee range with my scepter... that and that's where my clones spawn so it helps with the confusion, not to mention if they decide to run away from me they don't have a head start...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Um yeah, no. I've played Shaman, Druid, and Priest. I assure you, Priests do not have to work harder to get decent results. :P
    (nor do I consider Priest healing to be challenging!)

Harder than Paladin maybe, but that doesn't count.
    Haha, I have healed on other classes too, but I was mostly speaking tongue-in-cheek. Alls in good fun =)

Link to Gif

I don't know why I just assumed from the get-go that Scepter was meant for ranged and never bothered to focus on melee. This makes me sad, I prefer ranged normally. If I'm going into melee, I find sword/sword waaay more fun!

Staff counts as ranged, I guess.
    Last edited by SoraGrey; 2012-09-27 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Link to Gif

That doesn't sound right. In using the scepter recently, I've fired off the second attack before the first one lands.

Also, Greatsword says hi. It has some bad design in places, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist when you need a ranged weapon.

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    So, yeah, i've fallen inlove with Mirror today... it's so freaking amazing it's just ridiculous!! no idea why i wanted to use one of those other heals before...
    Why exactly? O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That doesn't sound right. In using the scepter recently, I've fired off the second attack before the first one lands.

Also, Greatsword says hi. It has some bad design in places, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist when you need a ranged weapon.

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 06:27 PM ----------

Why exactly? O_o
    Because the heal is damn near spammable, not to mention in PvP (and a lot of PvE) you punish any ranged trying to kill you at the time of healing, this is VERY nice against mobs that try to interrupt/knock you down since you reflect during the cast time of your heal, which causes a lot of people to lock themselves down as you heal!! It's AMAZING!!
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Because the heal is damn near spammable, not to mention in PvP (and a lot of PvE) you punish any ranged trying to kill you at the time of healing, this is VERY nice against mobs that try to interrupt/knock you down since you reflect during the cast time of your heal, which causes a lot of people to lock themselves down as you heal!! It's AMAZING!!
    It's till less healing per cast and less healing per minute then ether feast since ether feast is on a 20 sec cd and mirror is on a 15. Hardly spamable. The only time mirror is actually worth it is if you are being piled on by range attacks, however against a bigger group and melee in general you are just gimping yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's till less healing per cast and less healing per minute then ether feast since ether feast is on a 20 sec cd and mirror is on a 15. Hardly spamable. The only time mirror is actually worth it is if you are being piled on by range attacks, however against a bigger group and melee in general you are just gimping yourself.
    I haven't had any problems with it... even against mass amounts of melee because chaos armor and chaos storm tend to do a very good job at keeping them off me, as does that block that smacks them in the face for huge damage if they hit me, and confusion, and stealthing... etc etc

EDIT: As for the healing per minute you only get ~1k additional healing from ether feast, but i tend to cause a lot of deaths/more chaos through that reflection so i'll take that hit...
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-09-28 at 01:39 PM.

EDIT: As for the healing per minute you only get ~1k additional healing from ether feast, but i tend to cause a lot of deaths/more chaos through that reflection so i'll take that hit...
    The reflect is damage you're not taking as well, which if done right outweighs that 1k per minute pretty easily, and it has no pressure to waste dodge rolls frivolously to try and get a max heal if your clones just got cleaved down.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Some of my tournament games, I'd appreciate if anyone could give me feedback on how I play... tips, advice, etc... more on the channel itself.

Link to Gif

God wow, that is quite something!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    Some of my tournament games, I'd appreciate if anyone could give me feedback on how I play... tips, advice, etc... more on the channel itself.

Are you looking for specific points to improve on? Admittedly I didn't watch all of both, but you can do a lot more damage if you focus on staying further away from the target when using greatsword

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Are you looking for specific points to improve on? Admittedly I didn't watch all of both, but you can do a lot more damage if you focus on staying further away from the target when using greatsword
    Yes. I know, but I'm a point defender sometimes.

Yes. I know, but I'm a point defender sometimes.
    I think you could dodge more and use decoy more. Getting the dodge clones up and then popinig decoy and just standing still doing auto attack really fucks someone up and it buys some CD's.

I would drop mirror images for the clone health signet too.

So zito, they fixed your broken broken and horribly broken Warden.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    After playing the Mesmer for a while, I'm quite enjoying the class, but I find their clone/phantasm system to be frustrating.
    First: clones doing zero damage and only existing to add effects...which you really don't get until you're past level 40 is rather dull. The concept of creating clones and phantasms of yourself is quite fun, and they're an effective distraction if nothing else, most of the time.
    Second: no control over these pets. Too often have I targeted the wrong thing only to have my clone/phantasm run off and start pounding away at it. It would be nice if clones/phantasms simply attacked your target in the way pets do.
    Third: While I realize they are easy to generate, having clones/phantasms vanish when the target they were summoned against dies is really, really annoying, especially when you are battling multiple foes.
    Fourth: I find the differences between clones and phantasms to be forced. The fact that one is a true-to-pixels duplicate of you and the other a ghostly version is a creative differentiation artistically, but the actual in-game difference in their abilities is unnecessary.

I would simply like to be able to do the following: summon clones/phantasms with no enemies around, simply giving them a time-limit on existence. Have clones do damage at all and phantasms do less(It always seems they're doing more than I am!), average it out so that clones provide a minimal, but continuous damage source, while phantasms provide unique abilities(such as the Phantasmal Disenchanter/Defender/Rogue, ect...). And of course, I'd love to be able to direct my clones to attack a different target or just stop attacking at all when I need them to, though individual control of each would be nice, it's not necessary.

Anyway, it's not like I'm not enjoying the class, only that I find certain design decisions to be questionable.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

So zito, they fixed your broken broken and horribly broken Warden.
    what what what?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hate life

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 11:26 AM ----------

So the "phantasmal warden fix" is now a bigger nerf. It does not have a 5 second recharge like the patch notes claim, it's recharge is around 8-9 seconds.

/sigh

guess ill put away my focus.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 12:59 PM ----------

I guess I'll drop 20 points out of shattering now since haste is completely useless for... almost all phantasms.

and I just upgraded to exotic focus FFS
    Last edited by zito; 2012-10-02 at 12:59 PM.

I think you could dodge more and use decoy more. Getting the dodge clones up and then popinig decoy and just standing still doing auto attack really fucks someone up and it buys some CD's.

I would drop mirror images for the clone health signet too.
    That's a good advice, decoy is an "oh shit" button for me, at the moment. I need to learn how to time my "oh shit" moments before they happen.

That's a good advice, decoy is an "oh shit" button for me, at the moment. I need to learn how to time my "oh shit" moments before they happen.
    If you used decoy more there wouldn't be as many oh shit moments :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If you used decoy more there wouldn't be as many oh shit moments :P
    I prefer to just mass invis, move somewhere else and start spamming my auto attack, that really fucks with em!!

I prefer to just mass invis, move somewhere else and start spamming my auto attack, that really fucks with em!!
    I prefer warden not being double nerfed

I mean with 20% phantasmal hp boost and the 50% from signet warden gets 2 shot :/ it doesn't need a 10 sec recharge.

Also I prefer to time warp and rape anyone who comes near me.