Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    What about Sigil of Inspiration? I really do like the idea of it, does it have a purpose in WvW and dungeons, really?
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume you meant Signet of Inspiration (and not Sigil)

If this is the case then think about this: 6x Runes of Lyssa -> Time Warp -> Signet of Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I checked your build since I've been running one somehow similar to that. Just a question, why do you have sigils of corruption on every weapon set? I suppose you have a separate set of weapons (with other sigils) that you switch into once you reach 25 stacks? One other thing, since your build is high on toughness, wouldn't you gain more from using 6x Runes of the Undead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post

If this is the case then think about this: 6x Runes of Lyssa -> Time Warp -> Signet of Inspiration

I checked your build since I've been running one somehow similar to that. Just a question, why do you have sigils of corruption on every weapon set? I suppose you have a separate set of weapons (with other sigils) that you switch into once you reach 25 stacks? One other thing, since your build is high on toughness, wouldn't you gain more from using 6x Runes of the Undead?
    I've tried he undead ones, and as awesome as my condi damage became (getting up into about 1.7k or so actually) i realized i was actually MORE effective with the extra condi duration because it turned out that despite the fact that i barely had confusion up (compared to the others) that it was by far my most damage, so it's really just up to you, if you want to front load all your damage into confusion do what i did, but if you're wantingto use all your other conditions for damage then go with undead.

And the only reason i put corruption actually is because i know everyone would freak out if i put my actual sigils on there which are the Demon Summoning ones lol.

PS: I never carry 2 weapon sets, i just keep the stack ones equipped cause heaven forbid i were to get downed and end up missing out on some stacks because i had the wrong set...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Now THIS i agree with... if there was no channel i would think the skill would be perfect (although arguably could be OP because that'd allow you to swap weapons and open up with something else, which i would LOVE to enter with more then just a brilliant explosion of purple flames.... but you can probably see where i'm coming from...)

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that illusionary mage does damage on its own, i know this because i've heard the bitching and moaning from larynx about how said, and i quote, "That fucking illusionary mage dealt 18k damage to me!! That's fucking bull shit!!"

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 11:15 PM ----------

I've used it a good deal in sPvP (it completely WRECKS bunkers), i've also used it in WvW where it was highly effective against the zerg, targeting someone in the middle and causing 6+ stacks of confusion to erupt onto the crowd makes them melt, especially since most zerg aren't intelligent enough to stop shooting when getting their face melted by attacking...

Dungeons, no idea, but i'd IMAGINE that it's highly effective in there especially against bosses, the entire strength of the build is how much sustain and burst damage you can do, as well as being able to control if you need to.

For greatsword you'd need to switch it up a bit, a great sword build would need to focus less on condition damage due to the lack of it utilizing this (however a vast amount of your damage comes from confusion which you primarily get from either Scepter or shatters so it MAY work without any trait point changes, some majors would be nice though.)

IF you swapped to great sword it'd be used more second hand where as with the current build that's the scepters role, the greatsword would allow some very nice control/utility though which is always good!!

As for the utilities, i just put my personal favorites, the only one i WOULDNT remove is mirror images, i also wouldn't remove mass invis because that just seems to be the greatest elite mesmers have because it is a total game changer when used properly and allows you to come back into combat while pretending to be a clone and most enemies in pvp will just completely move past you thinking you're just another clone.

PS: there is no limit on the amount of people affected by it unless that was changed recently, i know i got an entire zerg with it in WvW, you can only IMAGINE how confused the enemy zerg was.
    Awesome, thank you! I will give this a try once I have the appropriate gear.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 09:40 AM ----------

Yes, I meant signet....I have no idea why I put sigil. >_<

What's your guys stance on Rune of the Mad King for conf based builds. I think there's potential due to power being good for phantasms and shatters and cond duration being great for confusion. Dno about the 6th bonus though...

So after a lot of testing builds for PvE and being greatly disappointed and watching ele's heal the shit out of dungeons. I've deceided to go back on my roots from WoW priests and make a healing build.

I think kel can relate with me on this build and she might use it

Healing duelist build:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=...;2nBnBnBnB;0Fg

Just a quick note this is the best build calculator to date, hopefully there will be a build calculator that will include insignias instead of PvP amulet. Here is an insignia chart of all the stats every piece of PvE gear has:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Insignia

Anyway lets start with stat priority. You want a mixture of healing power, power and precision. Sadly the only healing power gear is clerics which has power and toughness with it. Power and precision will be making up for the support this build brings. Healing power is controversial for a mesmer. It sucks for everything except one thing: Regeneration. Sadly healing power increases restorative mantras healing by 300.... it sucks. The reason why you won't need a lot of vitality or toughness is explained later.

Now the juicy bits.

Weapons are sword/pistol and staff. Staff is great defensive build and provides chaos armor for leap finishers resulting in more regeneration and protection for your group. I choose sword over scepter because I think its better survival with blurred frenzy, it also comes with a single target cripple and root. Pistol is the number one choice for offhand, no exceptions. Every 3 seconds it gives 3 seconds of regeneration in a 240~ radius. You mainly drop your phantasms on allies giving them regeneration. Scepter is a no choice because it can overwrite your phantasms.

You main 2 mantras, because 2 is all you need. Restorative mantra and pain mantra. Pain is obvious because it has a 1 sec cd. Restorative is obvious because of the effects of healing with dwayna runes. The last 2 is up to you, I picked null field for another combo finisher and aoe cond removal for the group and signet of illusions so Iduelist doesn't die easily.

The main strat is. Whenever Iduelist is up place it near your allys - they will most likely be constantly moving so try and make a line of Iduelist where your group will commonly move. Root and snare any roamers getting your range. ALWAYS HAVE PAIN ON CD. Don't precharge pain before a fight ever. Constantly spam the charges away. When your group needs healing charge it up and run to your group member. It takes 4 and 1/4 seconds to charge mantra of pain so charge it while you move. If you need healing you can use restorative mantra while channeling other mantras. You should be able to get close enough to your member to heal them in 4 seconds.

Each time you charge pain it will heal everyone near you for around 2600 (2900 with healing power) and grant regneration. Once pain is charged, blow the charges and unload a blurred frenzy on the foe.

You won't be in melee range a lot. Your main damage is from Iduelist. So don't worry about your damage. Iduelist will do everything for you.

Switch to staff if your group is in a pinch. Place Iwarlock just like Iduelist (however it will grant regeneration every 10 seconds unlike duelists 3 seconds).

Traits are straightforward. Phantasmal haste is garbage since it was nerfed into oblivion (takes 1 second off Iduelist, waste of 20 points). Menders purity removes a condition every time you heal, and since you will heal basically ALL THE TIME conditions shouldn't provide much of an issue. I went with sharper images to get as much damage as possible from Iduelist.

Runes are 6 runes of dwayna for obvious reasons giving regeneration every time you heal to everyone near you.

Runes are rune of water on staff and sword (aoe heal to everyone near you) and rune of life for pistol giving you more healing power.

However this is a very difficult build to master. You need to master your groups position, paying attention to the encounter and your phantasms placements. However it is very strong healing.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 11:14 PM ----------

After testing, I found the range of restorative mantras trait to be around 500-600. Which is actually quite respectable.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 11:18 PM ----------

Another note, if you are sylvari oak heart is the best elite.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-11-15 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Zito... um.... zito... 1) great build, i think it looks fun

but 2) don't you realize that spawning a clone wont overwrite phantasms as long as you have a clone? so scepter would be possible for the build, and may even be better for it so you could stay at range as you drop your phantasms and it's fairly good at being in melee too...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

@Zito... um.... zito... 1) great build, i think it looks fun

but 2) don't you realize that spawning a clone wont overwrite phantasms as long as you have a clone? so scepter would be possible for the build, and may even be better for it so you could stay at range as you drop your phantasms and it's fairly good at being in melee too...
    If you have 3 phantasms up a clone will overwrite a phantasm. So I prefer sword, you can go scepter but I think it's really gimping the regeneration phantasm output but if you want more damage yea go scepter.

I just like the surv of sword and 3 constant phantasms up over 2 I think would be better damage over scepter.

Now to figure out how the fuck to get sigil of life.... seriously how?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If you have 3 phantasms up a clone will overwrite a phantasm. So I prefer sword, you can go scepter but I think it's really gimping the regeneration phantasm output but if you want more damage yea go scepter.

I just like the surv of sword and 3 constant phantasms up over 2 I think would be better damage over scepter.

Now to figure out how the fuck to get sigil of life.... seriously how?
    for Sigil of Life it has to be salvaged from something, and i would think scepter + off hand sword would be better because the phantasam will leap in and out and evade the whole way (slightly more survivable because reflections wont kill it), and it gives you 2 blocks.

for Sigil of Life it has to be salvaged from something, and i would think scepter + off hand sword would be better because the phantasam will leap in and out and evade the whole way (slightly more survivable because reflections wont kill it), and it gives you 2 blocks.
    Iswordsman doesn't give regneration on a 3 sec cd. Thats why you use pistol.

I tested my build in arah exp. Which I prob shouldn't have done and had mild success. However morons stack glass cannon and dont dodge on lupis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iswordsman doesn't give regneration on a 3 sec cd. Thats why you use pistol.

I tested my build in arah exp. Which I prob shouldn't have done and had mild success. However morons stack glass cannon and dont dodge on lupis.
    Wait, so why don't Iswordsman not do it but the duelist does? Sorry i'm not familiar with this trait...

Wait, so why don't Iswordsman not do it but the duelist does? Sorry i'm not familiar with this trait...
    The trait triggers every 10 seconds from each Phantasm you have. IDuelist is bugged, and triggers every six seconds instead (or perhaps it's the only unbugged one, seeing as it's the only one properly refreshing the other fury/retaliation traits as well).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    The trait triggers every 10 seconds from each Phantasm you have. IDuelist is bugged, and triggers every six seconds instead (or perhaps it's the only unbugged one, seeing as it's the only one properly refreshing the other fury/retaliation traits as well).
    Aaaaaaaah, ok, this makes more sense then....

Well I think boss mechanics make my build too tedious to be worth it.

Back to the drawing board.

Deleted
    Well I think boss mechanics make my build too tedious to be worth it.

Back to the drawing board.
    Well, I took a look at your build and at least on paper it seemed pretty interesting! Thanks for sharing. The only change i'd make was going as 0/20/20/30/0 instead to get bit more of healing power and regen duration (this way you'd get +40% total, before food). Also, Orr karma healing gear is precision/vitality/healing power iirc so it fits nicely into your build!

Anyway I think I get what you mean, I think because of the way mantras work, healing with a mesmer feels a bit "clunky" and unnatural, idk :S

Well, I took a look at your build and at least on paper it seemed pretty interesting! Thanks for sharing. The only change i'd make was going as 0/20/20/30/0 instead to get bit more of healing power and regen duration (this way you'd get +40% total, before food). Also, Orr karma healing gear is precision/vitality/healing power iirc so it fits nicely into your build!

Anyway I think I get what you mean, I think because of the way mantras work, healing with a mesmer feels a bit "clunky" and unnatural, idk :S
    From testing.

-Healing power is a wasted stat
    -Mantras take too much time to charge 4.25 seconds. Why they nerfed it to 4.25 seconds (was 3 seconds in beta) I'll never know, not like they are particularly strong now. You don't see a lot of mantra builds outside Spvp because they offer nothing for the group.
    -Damage was non existent because I always wanted to charge mantra of pain for healing and phantasms die too fast.
    -Too much on your plate, from watching your teams health to the boss mechanics

Personally I've found a build I simply can't be bothered to change from, it works too well all over the place.

GS /Sword/Pistol
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgEQNAR...AAASKUdqLpA35G

With Rampagers amulet+jewel and 6 runes of melandru.
    In the weapons: 2x Sigil of Air(1 per set) and 1x Sigil of Earth(on Sword/Pistol)

And this works just aswell in PvE with full berserker's armor.

So our Phantasms can be blinded now preventing us from summoning them (wat). Moa Morph works underwater now (loltuna), and Mage (Torch in general) got buffed. Cool.

Best part was probably this though:
    phantasmal haste: This trait now works.
    [Edit: no it doesn't]
    LOLOLOL.

Not a lot to be excited for, in all honesty. :|

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 04:23 PM ----------

Mesmer:
    • Moa Morph: Targets transformed by this skill have 5 new and less-frustrating skills, and this skill can also be used underwater to turn enemies into tuna. This skill now removes Death Shroud from the target instead of the necromancer being stuck in Death Shroud.
    • Portal: This skill’s recharge has been increased to 90 seconds.
    • Illusionary Duelist, Phantasmal Swordsman, Phantasmal Mage, Phantasmal Defender, Phantasmal Disenchanter, Phantasmal Rogue, Phantasmal Warlock, Illusionary Mariner, Illusionary Whaler, Phantasmal Berserker, and Phantasmal Warden: These skills must now be cast in line-of-sight of the target. These skills now behave as normal attacks that the mesmer must connect in order to summon the phantasm, and they will fail if the mesmer is blind or the ability is cast on an invulnerable target.
    • Phantasmal Mage: This skill’s confusion has been increased to 3 stacks for 3 seconds from 1 stack for 9 seconds. The recharge on Phantasmal Mage’s skill has been increased to 6 seconds from 5 seconds.
    • The Prestige: This skill’s damage has been increased by 100%.
    • Phantasmal Haste: This trait now works.
    That's the actual list.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 04:29 PM ----------

As a headsup:
    Phantasmal Healing still prevents refreshing of Phantasmal Fury and Vengeful Images.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-11-16 at 12:12 AM.

So our Phantasms can be blinded now preventing us from summoning them (wat). Moa Morph works underwater now (loltuna), and Mage (Torch in general) got buffed. Cool.

Best part was probably this though:

LOLOLOL

Not a lot to be excited for, in all honesty. :|

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 04:23 PM ----------

That's the actual list.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 04:29 PM ----------

As a headsup:
    Phantasmal Healing still prevents refreshing of Phantasmal Fury and Vengeful Images.
    Useless changes overall. Really disappointing. A 90 sec cd doesn't fix any of the "issues" people bring up with portal. The prestige still was not fixed for the better nor was it's trait.

Do they not have a direction for this proffesion or do they just like how things are?

Necromancer looks very tempting.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 11:45 PM ----------

Smoke Screen: This skill’s height has been increased to help it absorb projectiles.
    Theives win yet again. No love for temporal curtain.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-11-15 at 11:42 PM.

Useless changes overall. Really disappointing. A 90 sec cd doesn't fix any of the "issues" people bring up with portal. The prestige still was not fixed for the better nor was it's trait.

Do they not have a direction for this proffesion or do they just like how things are?

Necromancer looks very tempting.
    And stuff that's been broken since BWE3 is still broken. Personally, I am beginning to think they just don't know what to do with Mesmers.
    Theives win yet again. No love for temporal curtain.
    I don't even know anymore

And stuff that's been broken since BWE3 is still broken. Personally, I am beginning to think they just don't know what to do with Mesmers.
    I don't even know anymore
    Phantasmal haste is STILL BROKEN.

BAHAHAHAHAHA

oh god I can't stop laughing.

Got trolled so hard.

Yea...

Torch Image attack cd is not 6 seconds just like they said warden cd was going to be 5 sec with haste. Are they stupid enough not to see this or what? It's just .... what...
    Last edited by zito; 2012-11-16 at 12:05 AM.