10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    So, apparantly we will be getting a more reliable swiftness source tomorrow. Tbh mesmer being the absolute slowest profession out of combat was one of the things that really turned me off. Doing a jumping puzzle, map completion and wvw was so much smoother on my ele, that I always felt crippled on my mesmer doing the same things.

Of course tomorrow elementalists get 25% passive movement increase baked into their old 10% movement speed sigil, on top of their swiftnesses. Necromancer and ranger also get a 25% passive movement speed increase. Thieves obviously can already move fast. So in the end, we will probably still be the turtles of group. I know that swiftness is the movement speed cap for everyone, but 25% passive movement speed increase when you don't have swiftness up is quite a big deal for out of combat mobility. I am sick of centaur runes and having to gear for decent ooc mobility.
    Actually, swiftness isn't a cap, I'm pretty sure swiftness STACKS with 25% I know I've tested it on the 10% signets and swiftness stacks with that.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 06:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Well I'm pretty much contempt that they don't know what they are doing with mesmers.

He said the changes are mostly swiftness

seriously....

i dont even...

why the f are you buffing 3/4 the classes speed. Just buff baseline speed and work on real f'en issues.
    Tbh I see why they're buffing rangers and eles speed since they said previously them and theives are supposed to be the most mobile, but then necros got a buff and last I checked they were supposed to be a sort of slow crawl you will not escape me sort of thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Necromancers are the easiest to get away from and theives who have the best mobility and get aways in the game have also the highest burst in the game.

Does either of that make sense?

Swiftness definitely doesn't stack with the 25% signets (or elementalist traits), only profession I know of that can break the cap are engineers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necromancers are the easiest to get away from and theives who have the best mobility and get aways in the game have also the highest burst in the game.

Does either of that make sense?
    I have had issues running from necros, they always have a way to keep it going, and thieves also have the shittiest health and defense I've ever seen so they need mobility and get away abilities in order to not just implode, it's like assassin in Gw1, they can get in and burst you down but for the most part they can't stay in there to long or they're gonna die.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 08:42 AM ----------

Swiftness definitely doesn't stack with the 25% signets (or elementalist traits), only profession I know of that can break the cap are engineers.
    Swiftness isn't the cap though... I know FOR A FACT I can get to 50% movement speed increase via runes of speed and sig of the hunt.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Swiftness isn't the cap though... I know FOR A FACT I can get to 50% movement speed increase via runes of speed and sig of the hunt.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_speed

"Both speed buffs and debuffs do not stack, the effect with the greatest value will be used. Having Swiftness and Signet of Air active will make you move 33% faster, not 43% faster."

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_speed

"Both speed buffs and debuffs do not stack, the effect with the greatest value will be used. Having Swiftness and Signet of Air active will make you move 33% faster, not 43% faster."
    Oh yes, because the wiki is never wrong, a few days ago it was impossible for rangers to inflict confusion, until I updated it. Take everything on the wiki with a grain of salt, me and larynx spent TWO HOURS timing run speed in and out of combat with swiftness, sig of hunt, runes of speed, and all variables of it and found out THEY DO STACK, want me to update the wiki? Because half the people on the ranger forums did the same test and found out they stack too.

Anyone have a good fractals 20+ build? I'm currently running 20/20/0/0/30 shatter build. I have berserker's gear and knight's gear, working on valkyrie gear.

and thieves also have the shittiest health and defense I've ever seen so they need mobility and get away abilities in order to not just implode
    Their mobility is too much for the amount of damage they do. Mainly because of stealth being abused right now and revealed buff being too short.

Indeed, thieves are a joke in WvWvW but so are mesmers.

Mesmer
    Phantasmal Mariner: This phantasm now attacks more often, but does damage in line with its attack rate.
    Illusionary Whaler: This phantasm now attacks more often, and now does a reasonable amount of damage.
    Phantasms now initiate combat after .25 seconds instead of one second.
    Feigned Surge: This skill is now a leap finisher.
    Vortex: This skill now does pulsing damage after it is created, and is also an ethereal field.
    Jab: Increased damage by 12.5%.
    Evasive Strike: Increased damage by 25%.
    Spinning Revenge: Recharge reduced from 15 to 12 seconds, and is also a whirl finisher.
    Signet of Inspiration: Increased swiftness duration from five to ten seconds. This passive effect now works outside of combat.
    Deception: Clones that use Winds of Chaos will now fire their projectile in a straight line, just as the mesmer’s Winds of Chaos does.
    Decreased all Mantra cast times by one second.
    Shattered Strength: Increased to three stacks of might and ten second duration.
    Prismatic Understanding: No longer affects the Prestige. Now grants a random defensive boon every three seconds while in stealth. (Protection, Aegis, or Regeneration)
    Critical Infusion: Vigor duration increased to five seconds. This can only trigger once every five seconds.
    Blade Training: This trait is now applied to off-hand sword skills.
    Dazzling: Now inflicts five stacks of vulnerability for eight seconds.
    Phantasmal Warlock: Damage now matches the tooltip.
    Phantasmal Duelist: Damage now matches the tooltip. Increased damage to match the lost damage from a previous bug fix.
    Phantasmal Berserker: Damage now matches the tooltip.
    Phantasmal Mage: Damage now matches the tooltip.
    Temporal Curtain: Increased swiftness duration to 12 seconds.
    Overall decent changes.

They stated they pull bugs from a priority que but I'm just not buying it with them fixing things that don't need to be fixed because they at least work.

Also no fix to izerker

point proven :/

Mantra cast time is now what it was in beta.

Also what happened to more reliable swiftness? 1/8 chances to get swiftness and a 2 second buff to curtain? Last minute bandaide fixes I see. While theifs get a 25% movement buff that's not some RNG bullshit with a long cd...

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 02:49 AM ----------

Mesmers rely on illusions in order to accomplish their goals. They need illusions to accomplish some of their highest damage and control, and without the illusions, they become fairly fragile. They can deal with enemy boons better than most classes, but enemy conditions can often be a problem. They share some of the stealth and mobility that the Thief enjoys, but suffer from a low health pool if you get past all their tricks.
    And poor implementation of our "tricks" and broken traits we suffer greatly

Mesmer Portal. The Mesmer utility skill Portal now has a maximum # of times it can be used before it disappears. This means that 1 Mesmer can no longer send an infinite # of allies through a portal. The current # is 20, which may come down more later. We still want the Mesmers to feel cool for having such a powerful ability, but we also want to put a limit on the # of players a defending team needs to worry about coming out of 1 Mesmer Portal, especially in WvW.
    Then revert the CD change now as you basically acknowledge by nerfing portal once more that the previous nerf did nothing.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 04:06 AM ----------

Berserker has developed a new bug. It won't miss with first attacks but 100% misses with the second attack.

Do we have to wait another month for it to be fixed?

Illusionary membrane being reported stealth nerf of a 15 sec cd. Can't check because my gw2 client won't load.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-12-15 at 02:43 AM.

Very disheartened by the changes. The might stacks are nice, but other than that the zerker now misses his second attack, and the swiftness "buffs" are cheap and thoughtless.

2 extra seconds on curtain *almost* gives us 50% uptime on swiftness, and signet of inspiration working out of combat is ironically an extremely unreliable source of swiftness. It is pretty clear to me now that it is Anet's design choice for mesmers to be the slowest profession of the game, but after this patch the gap is actually even bigger.

Very disheartened by the changes. The might stacks are nice, but other than that the zerker now misses his second attack, and the swiftness "buffs" are cheap and thoughtless.

2 extra seconds on curtain *almost* gives us 50% uptime on swiftness, and signet of inspiration working out of combat is ironically an extremely unreliable source of swiftness. It is pretty clear to me now that it is Anet's design choice for mesmers to be the slowest profession of the game, but after this patch the gap is actually even bigger.
    That's why I'm never happy when jon post on the mesmer forums about his changes for mesmers. It's basiclly just sugarcoated bull crap.

"Mesmers will also be getting a more reliable swiftness change" then where the f is it?

Also another bug!:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...usions-in-sPvP

Good thing I'm working on my theif since abusing stealth is intended.

The might change is nice. Is it needed? No. Shatter spec was our strongest before why did they buff it again? Why don't they fix actual broken traits like torch trait?

10+ Year Old Account
    Zito, you're worse than the rangers on the ranger forum, i mean i swear to god all i see you do is bitch after every patch because they didn't fix EVERYTHING that's wrong, i mean... fuck, you got all buffs (except portal but that's understandable and NO they're not changing the recharge because it was OP for sPvP -and- WvW), and you're bitching because -more- stuff didn't get fixed? I personally don't even see half the issues you complain about on mesmer, and mesmer is what i play a good 50% of the time.

PS: It really doesn't matter if you're "slow" because not everyone takes the 25% movement speeds, and you can, you know, fucking teleport an entire team across the map, that's quite a bit faster movement than anyone else is capable of.

Durzlla, you can post, or you can choose not to post. But if you do post, you can stop attacking other posters. The attitude's not welcome anymore. Thanks. --Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-16 at 12:41 AM.

"Reliable Swiftness"

...here's an unreliable signet, or use a Focus and still have crap for uptime. I don't fucking... what.

I'm surprised that the patchnotes for fixing iZerker didn't say "This spell now works" for all the insult that Phantasmal Haste was.

And that Illusionary Membrane nerf? Really? The one outlet that the profession has to go tanky, just one, and it's gutted. Why? Because Light Armor Professions in full toughness gear are supposed to be weaker than Heavy Armor professions in Berserker gear?

Quote Originally Posted by zito
    Then revert the CD change now as you basically acknowledge by nerfing portal once more that the previous nerf did nothing.
    Why would they do that? They added the delay into Phantasm attacks simply so that people had a chance to dodge them. Then they let them be blocked, blinded, dodged on summon so that people had a chance to evade them (without letting them benefit from Sigils). The fact that the delay exists at all, even sub half-second... they don't un-nerf. They forget the reason why they nerfed int he first place, and just pile a new one on top. This shouldn't be a surprise to you, zito.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

This shouldn't be a surprise to you, zito.
    I already rerolled

I don't feel like going shatter spec since it seems to be getting buffed lately. So I'll try theif then guardian.

Also kel, wanna give me 8g so I can buy more x-mas boxes? One more mini away from quaggon and I don't want to spend real money :0

nvm sold some mats. got my quaggon!
    Last edited by zito; 2012-12-16 at 02:10 AM.

Deleted
    When you use a shatter skill it now shows a white circle around the clone when it shatters like other aoe's have. Think it was added in this patch, but I don't play much anymore so not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Zito, you shouldn't complain so much. You can't expect them to fix everything at once. You got a lot of buffs (granted portal got a nerf but this was needed for balance in sPvP and WvW and you're complaining because more stuff didn't get fixed?
    Personally I don't even notice half of the issues you're bringing up.

PS: It really doesn't matter if you're "slow" because not everyone takes the 25% movement speeds and you can, teleport an entire team across the map which is a lot faster movement than anyone else is capable of.
    Durzlla, you can post, or you can choose not to post. But if you do post, you can stop attacking other posters. The attitude's not welcome anymore. Thanks. --Kel
    I'm sorry to say this but he does have a point. Granted he shouldn't have gone balls to the walls rage mode but if you reword what he said it's understandable

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    They forget the reason why they nerfed int he first place, and just pile a new one on top. This shouldn't be a surprise to you, zito.
    This counts for all classes.
    I already rerolled
    This is just pure BS, Mesmers are 2nd best on all fields ingame.
    WvW: 1. thief 2. Mes 3. Ele
    SPvP: 1. thief 2. Mes 3. Guardian
    PvE(dungeons): 1. War 2. Mes 3. Guardian

Rerolling since they didn't fix everything you wanted is silly, especially since mesmers aren't broken to begin with. If you're rerolling since you don't enjoy playing Mes (like I hate Engi) that's a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I'm sorry to say this but he does have a point. Granted he shouldn't have gone balls to the walls rage mode but if you reword what he said it's understandable
    I may not agree with it, but if the post in question had been actually phrased as such it wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, "balls to the walls rage mode" is a thing. And it's a thing we can't have, I don't care who it's from or who it's directed at.

As far as the validity of the complaint, from a self-identified Mesmer's point of view: "We broke a skill. We still have traits that haven't been working since beta. We tell you we even fixed some of them, but only because we have no idea how to fix them in the first place, and maybe get you talking about something else for a change. Can we add 'It's a feature' to it yet, or still too soon?

We also talked about Mobility and we understand the profession has a lot of out of combat mobility issues, no passive movement speed increase and extremely limited access to Swiftness. So we're making Swiftness "more reliable" by... not really making it more available, only extending it by two seconds on its already limited source."

As for Portal, "teleport an entire team across the map" has a problem when you have to be at both point A) and Point B) to drop the portals, they both have a time limit, and you still have the slowest run speed out of your entire time meaning anyone could go with you and beat you to your destination portal. And using this utility spell as a reason to give piss-poor mobility to the profession is like giving Shaman shit DPS because they have Bloodlust. At one point, it kind of made sense. But it doesn't anymore.

Rerolling since they didn't fix everything you wanted is silly, especially since mesmers aren't broken to begin with. If you're rerolling since you don't enjoy playing Mes (like I hate Engi) that's a different matter.
    Phantasms are dodgable twice but still don't apply sigils (I'm glad Engineers can use sigils though). The ground-based AoE has been nerfed a few times, but Ele's still can drop theirs and do decent trash damage, or seige damage and defense. No initiating burst damage (Thief, Warrior, Ranger, weird guardian) because the class can't do anything without a set up the instant they drop combat or previous target dies (absolutely zero carry over).

Our entire mechanic in PvP being clones, they don't have titles, they don't have offhands, they don't clear a called target sign over your head. The downed one doesn't have the downed red arrow over it like you do. They don't have world explorer stars. Hell, now they don't have clothes either. The primary mechanic of the profession is functionally useless against anyone who's ever played WarCraft's arena past an 800 rating.

When they're nerfing some aspects that may or may not be overpowered (Portal... Illusionary Membrane?), it's kind of bad that they're still giving the profession such a limited scope to work with, as far as what actually is functioning correctly. If what limited bit there is functioning correctly is the only thing keeping them competitive, but the rest of it is a broken pile of garbage, the profession's still broken Meledelion. Thiefs feel this pain, Warriors know this in sPvP probably better than anyone. But it is still a fact.

You can recognize this on a Ranger. We aren't asking for you to recognize this on our Mesmers, empathy is not always easy, especially over this medium. But we are asking for people to not act like Durz when our lists of problems are very very similar in scope if not in issue to your Ranger update posts, just not collected as neatly.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Peters
    On the IZerker he does hit correctly now but there is an issue with damage floaters not always appearing the we are now trying to track down.
    Uhhhhhbullshit. That's not missing combat text, that's missing from the combat log. That's missing the actual target sitting at 4% health but still having them eat a snare because they were "supposed" to be hit.

But of course, tell us that the UI that's not important to play the game with is what's causing the issue here.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-17 at 08:15 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Kel took the words right out of my mouth.

Good thing I'm not a proffesional speaker :/

Also after testing. Iduelist seems to miss it's first 2-3 attack randomly. Haven't pin pointed how to replicate effectively.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-12-17 at 12:32 PM.

Don't get me wrong, I definatly agree A-net isn't doing a good job with what needs a buff/nerf and how to do it. I also agree that their priorities seem very scewed regarding what to fix.

The only thing I wanted to point out is that other classes suffer from the same issues. I understand that being slow (if you don't bring blink) is very frustrating especially since you can slowly watch everyone moving away from you. But mes in-combat mobility isn't that bad. With blink, curtain and sword 3 you can keep up with most specs.

Imo a fix to out of combat mobility could be to make signet of inspiration give 25% movement speed so all casters/roamers are on even footing.

I know that you need to first run to point B from point A to set up your portal but when I'm playing WvW with my guild we simply have a couple of 3man teams which all have a mesmer run to portal locations so we can "teleport" from one keep to another in seconds. Catching up to a zerg is indeed impossible as a mesmer but to me the strength that comes from what I said earlier sort of makes up for it, I understand you don't feel the same way though .

And again I agree that for Spvp lots and lots of things need to change to make more specs viable, however atm there are 2dominating classes in Spvp thief and mesmer. Ok the mesmer doesn't have a range of builds like the thief but it's still nr2. But to go with your arena 800 analogy: ppl in that bracket (or let's say <1500the new break even point?) also don't play 3/3 specs for hunters they usually are either all BM, MM or SV. The moment you reach a point where ppl care about pvp they all go with the same build they just tweak it to their liking.

I also agree that they should make clones exactly identical to the caster.

The thing which sets Durz and me off about some posts here is that people complain about bugs while mesmers still have a way of being viable while other classes simply don't. Most/all top Spvp teams run with atleast one mesmer, so if you go with class representation mes isn't that bad (again to be clear, I don't mean to say that mesmer doesn't need fixing)

To link it to WoW again:
    Posts on the mesmer forum and here (but less so) come across as those "hunters" who want MM to be viable when 60% of the top 10teams has a hunter in them but they're SV.

And yes Jon/A-net needs to quit BSing so much, I'm tired of them not answering to the point or simply dropping a convo the moment people come with proof that what they say is happening isn't what is actually happening.

P.S.: saying mes isn't broken was an exageration.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-12-17 at 12:45 PM.