Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    This, I don't see a problem either. It's not like you shatter when you don't have any images out.
    Actually shatter builds do thanks to the GM trait on the bottom traitline

I thought I would share my build with you.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=...oG6sV2DsV2D5Bu

It's a shatter/confusion combination build.

I usually start out with sword/pistol, summon mirror images, dodge roll (Sometimes I like to use decoy to get the extra image out, however it is a great survival tool so I try to save it) now you have max images out, then I run close to them, magic bullet when in range and mind wrack. Dodge roll out and illusionary leap to him and blurred frenzy. I like to also try to summon the duelist before I illusionary leap. Anyways, then I swap to my scepter/torch. I summon phantasmal mage. Then I prestige and burn, dodge roll and confusing images for the confusion stacking. Dodge roll again if I am missing any images (if you are out of endurance use counter to get another image). Then I mind wrack or cry of frustration depending on whichever is not on cd (mind wrack goes first). The reason for all the summoning of images, is because I usually lose some in the process from them being killed. Just keep track of images and decide what to do.

So, what you want to focus on with this build is to shatter as much as possible. With some phantasms you might want to let them do their attack at least once before you shatter, to get some extra damage out.

A great combo, if it is not on cd, is to use the images you already have out, mind wrack them, then summon mirror images and dodge roll, cry of frustration. Confusion stacks high and the damage of shatter is also pretty good. Just try to make sure your target can't dodge roll your shatters.

Ohh, and if you are wondering about the "Far-Reaching Manipulations" and "Master of Manipulation" they are for blink. With these talents you reduce the cooldown and the range by blink. I think it's great for survival so I try to go with these talents when I spec.
    Last edited by Management; 2013-01-19 at 01:46 PM.

Stealth is actively pissing me off.

If a projectile you threw is still flying, you press stealth, then it hits, you are removed from stealth and get the revealed debuff.

Seriously? We don't even have opening moves like a theif why do we get the revealed debuff we can't exactly spam stealth either like dagger theives.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Stealth is actively pissing me off.

If a projectile you threw is still flying, you press stealth, then it hits, you are removed from stealth and get the revealed debuff.

Seriously? We don't even have opening moves like a theif why do we get the revealed debuff we can't exactly spam stealth either like dagger theives.
    Agreed, if the projectile is in the air when you stealth it should miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    Agreed, if the projectile is in the air when you stealth it should miss.
    Or ya know just hit and not unstealth :/

or that yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is normally what happens to me... unless they fired say a KB and i'm using torch... then i get interrupted and get revealed, but that's a different story... and when you stealth go back the other way, there's only like 3 skills that home in on you in this game (i believe all of which are underwater), and if you move in a direction opposite of what you were going the projectile tracking will have the shot going for the wrong area, like in GW1.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Actually shatter builds do thanks to the GM trait on the bottom traitline
    I do run a shatter build... 0/0/30/10/30
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I do run a shatter build... 0/0/30/10/30
    ? where did this come from? :s

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    ? where did this come from? :s
    If you are asking for the trait combination its GM trait that adds 1 sec and random boon when you stealth. I like that build I've used it myself, however cause of the stupid stealth mechanics I quickly dropped it.

Also when do you guys think they will nerf the new retaliation build that just came up? Clearly they are not letting it stay if they didn't let guardians retaliation build stay...

No I was talking about his comment. I don't get why he mentioned it

What new reta build? I only know of the old one 0/0/20/20/20. Do you have a link to it?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgUQNAW...ymlLLZWrPGfsBB

Leap finishers + chaos armor + cry = 100% up time on retaliation.

Idefender gets its own retaliation which reflects back to your foe when it transfers damage from you to him plus attacks also hitting him at the same time.

video of the guy who made it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V6ASnuG8uI
    Last edited by zito; 2013-01-21 at 02:30 AM.

Looks like the old one, only dif is runes. The one I saw had boon duration/healing I think.

My two cents is that I'd rather Mesmers not have Stealth at all, I don't mind the effect, I just feel if you're going to have Mesmers disappearing on the field that it should be a separate - not shared - effect with its own ruleset. Two classes sharing the same effect, but not the same mechanics, is obviously problematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    My two cents is that I'd rather Mesmers not have Stealth at all, I don't mind the effect, I just feel if you're going to have Mesmers disappearing on the field that it should be a separate - not shared - effect with its own ruleset. Two classes sharing the same effect, but not the same mechanics, is obviously problematic.
    What? Mesmers stealthing is a non issue, they use it to make people lose track of them (you know like an illusionist would?) where a thief uses it to perform a sneak attack so they can gain the upper hand....
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

So they're actively considering making Portal shared utility across other professions.

....but we of course still won't have our lowest mobility in the game addressed, or any of the other issues.

ANet, what the fuck are you thinking?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I'm not a fan of making Portal a shared ability. I mean I'm all for making all of the professions equally viable but I do feel there should be some distinctiveness to each profession. Otherwise this will just end up being an FPS type of game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm not a fan of making Portal a shared ability. I mean I'm all for making all of the professions equally viable but I do feel there should be some distinctiveness to each profession. Otherwise this will just end up being an FPS type of game.
    Well, it'll probably be shared to an extent, i doubt it'll be as strong as the actual portal...

That being said, i hate portal, i don't want it to be put on any other profs (especially one of the profs i play other than mesmer) because then it's going to be the whole "Oh well if you wanna tPvP with us you need to bring portal!" which is stupid and kinda stops the meta from evolving... it's just not fixing the problem...

I thought the problem of portal is that it was too strong?

Why are they giving it to other proffesions who don't need it....

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the problem of portal is that it was too strong?

Why are they giving it to other proffesions who don't need it....
    Did they say they're handing it out? And portal is hardly "too strong" in the current meta where everyone runs the same sort of build yeah it is, but more times then not my team would make their little "portal the group back!" Strategy backfire by taking all the other points...

I am all for passing the curse of portal onto other professions. It really is a good thing, might finally see some actual mobility buffs once our OP portal is not ours anymore.

I just hope elementalists don't get it, there is already a huge aoe nerf looming over them.