Just like focus I simply wouldn't use the 4skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Just like focus I simply wouldn't use the 4skill.
    Yea with high vigor up time and some attack's not being blockable, not to mention blocks delay (there is sometimes an activation delay of .5 seconds when using it after attacking) block on both scepter and sword are very.... niche

Well, I figured I'd try the gauntlet first on my mesmer since she's got almost 50 tickets to burn. Question is, should I stick with the shatter build Meledelion suggested or go with a more phantasm oriented build like what Dulfy's using?

I think maybe I'm making out the gauntlet to be worse than it actually is. :P I just wasn't sure if a shatter build will work in there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Well, I figured I'd try the gauntlet first on my mesmer since she's got almost 50 tickets to burn. Question is, should I stick with the shatter build Meledelion suggested or go with a more phantasm oriented build like what Dulfy's using?

I think maybe I'm making out the gauntlet to be worse than it actually is. :P I just wasn't sure if a shatter build will work in there or not.
    Phantasm, to keep damage up when you can't.

I have a feeling shatter builds don't work well in the gauntlet (didn't do gauntlet with my mes though).

Well, I tried at first using my shatter build and it did not go well. I switched to the phantasm build and fights I was either really struggling on or simply could not win became much, much easier.

I have used three builds in the Gauntlet. Most of the time I use a Phantasm/reflect build. This works versus most of the challenges. Against Chomper, I used shatter for the quicker damage. Against the Fire Ele Asuran, I used a confusion build with the new perplexity set and rabid gear. If you want the build, I can post it.

I'm having a Hell of a time getting 5 gambits on Dead Eye though. He has never, I repeat never teleported to me the way it says he's supposed to in the guides (if you don't move upon entry). Not once.

I'm wondering if I should just stay with sword + focus for him because the last time I weapon swapped to GS he did another Headshot within a few seconds of the first and I was on swap cooldown so I couldn't use Blurred Frenzy for it.

You didn't have Distortion up for that either?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I'm not even farming him, just trying to get the 5 gambit achievement.

...Distortion never even occurred to me. -_- It's not something I use with any frequency, so I completely forgot about it. Thanks for that tip. Although, to be perfectly honest, I'm questioning whether or not my reaction time is high enough for some of these. My last attempt I should have won, but I was too slow activating an ability. I can't even blame that on lag. It really sucks that it costs so many tickets to keep trying too.

Edit: However, I will say that the gauntlet relies much too heavily on one-shot abilities for its "difficulty", so if you can't see an animation/red circles, lag a little bit, or whatever, it's game over. I'm not sure how much that actually has to do with player skill. I know in my case since I have such visual issues in the gauntlet I rely on sound and the last attempt I did there was no sound for his Kill Shot wind up so I completely missed it and lost.
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-08-15 at 10:57 PM.

People used to farm deadeye with 5gambits since you made 30g/h doing that

Im sorry but i could never get into the mesmer profession. Anyone have any tips that will make it more enjoyable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmfurbearr View Post
    Im sorry but i could never get into the mesmer profession. Anyone have any tips that will make it more enjoyable?
    If you don't tell us what you don't enjoy it's kind of hard for us to answer that no?

I like mesmers, I have two, I enjoy the interactiveness of playing them as well as the illusions...

But if you don't like them, just play one of the other classes, why would you want to play something you don't like?

You gotta get into the RP, you are David Blaine sucked into another dimension after a disappearing trick went horribly wrong. You must now dazzle and awe your way to ride a dragon back to Earth to make the grandest entrance ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    You gotta get into the RP, you are David Blaine sucked into another dimension after a disappearing trick went horribly wrong. You must now dazzle and awe your way to ride a dragon back to Earth to make the grandest entrance ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZD9a-DjWs
    Valar morghulis

I still want them to make it so there is a power build where you don't rely too much on phantasm or clones, at the moment i'm using a confusion build where phantasm/clones are only used for Confusion with Mind Wrack and Cry of Frustration really, but as many bosses are just really bad to use confusion on it really is a no-go, sadly the interrupt builds i used to love in Guild Wars 1 is also really really crappy in Guild Wars 2.

Not saying i don't want phantasm/clones to be a part of my build, i just want them to be my secondary choice in a fight, also talking strictly PvE here.

Yeah, the current confusion build is the least illusion dependent build I've played. You still get the combined combo effect from phantasms firing off into combo fields, and their bleeds from crits, but you also depend heavily on Chaos Storm and Duelist/Temp Curtain for interrupts.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=...VBVGWOXU2W3j4p

This is what I've been running for a week now. It works in both PVE and WvWvW. I've seen a diversion interrupt apply 7 conditions to a target.

It's also an enjoyable change of pace in play for Mesmers. I feel it has good mob group control. Pull with Into the Void, get lucky with an interrupt, drop a Warden and then Chaos Storm on top, pop FEscape, Warlock, let them fire off one round, then Cry of Frustration, and watch the conditions and confusion just eat away. Pistol is probably better than focus in dungeons, but the pull interrupt and and yank of Into the Void is so good, since your interrupts snare and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Been running a version of Osicat's non-shatter confusion build in WvW and it's pretty ridiculous thus far. You're basically unkillable unless you make a mistake, and the damage you can put out is pretty surprising.
    Is that the one with duelist discipline?

That one is bugged, with that trait iduelist is getting 100% proc chance on combo instead of 20% so the confusion up time is insane. Don't expect it to last.