Thread: Snow

Deleted

Snow

Heey there fellow minecrafters,

I'm wondering, is there anything that can remove snow permantly?
    For instance an mod or program, please don't tell me with a bucket or something.
    I'm looking for something that will make sure that it will never ever ever snow there again.
    Please help me out

Torches, they melt snow around them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Torches, they melt snow around them.
    If you can't help with serious awnsers than don't awnser at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    How is it not serious? No, really. Explain. Do you know about anything else that could help?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I think that it's a fairly serious answer as it works? Besides you're not giving him any constructive suggestions either, so why did you post?

---
    OT:
    As far as I know there is no mods to remove snow from a biome/seed as it is created randomly in your save.
    You could also go to max building height and then just build a glass floor which would block the snow from falling onto the ground.

Deleted
    No one knows anything?

Deleted
    Google is as smart as me... so go search from google

I think SPC can block weather, and WorldGuard can stop snow in multiplayer.

Another possibility is waiting until 1.2 which will make biomes more flexible.

Deleted
    What does WorldGuard do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leith1337 View Post
    What does WorldGuard do?
    http://bit.ly/A0rXCM

As to the original question, Verdugo is correct - torches will melt snow (and ice) in a specific pattern around them. Check Minecraftwiki for specifics.

In fact, check Minecraftwiki before asking questions, anyway. That place has a pretty crazy amount of information available on basically everything.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    I know torches can melt ice and snow...
    But I need it to stay away permanent.
    And not in a manner that I have to place torches everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know torches can melt ice and snow...
    But I need it to stay away permanent.
    And not in a manner that I have to place torches everywhere!
    Not really much you can do. Torches and lava will melt snow and ice in a specific pattern surrounding them. That snow won't come back, it will stay gone until you remove or move the torch or lava. Glowstone blocks will also melt snow and ice.

Seriously man, go read Minecraftwiki. It'll tell you everything you need to know.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    I know the snow will be melted next to a light point,
    but im searching for something that will make sure it won't snow there again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the snow will be melted next to a light point,
    but im searching for something that will make sure it won't snow there again.
    Snow can't spawn next to those light sources, even when it's snowing. Aside from that, you're gonna want to look into things like WorldGuard or other tools that allow you to set how things work for your game.

Deleted
    World edit mod has a /thaw command to quickly remove snow although you will need another mod (like worldguard as previously stated) to keep it from coming back.

Deleted
    To answer the question specifically, as far as we are all aware it is not possible to replace the Biome ID of an area to prevent or replace snow, I don't even think using an editor program like MC edit will help as it always keeps the biome info when ever I move stuff from map to map.

Deleted
    Thank you everyone