Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Revan > Luke anyway...
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe we might be able to interact with original trilogy heroes ancestors since the expanded lore is kind of big on legacy of the original characters as which is y i thought they implemented the legacy system to give us a feel of how "related" toons could be either darkside like Cade Skywalker or lightside like his sister but have the same legacy

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Revan > Luke anyway...
    it correctly goes like this: Kreia > Revan > anyone else.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

Also, keep in mind that according to George Lucas, anything that is branded under the heading "The Old Republic" is considered an "Alternate Universe"

While time is still referred to in terms of the Battle of Exar Kun and the Before Battle of Yavin, the events of the 6 movies are not even remotely set in stone in this universe, and are not a guaranteed bet. You would never, ever see any of the 6 movie characters in this game due to both the 3000 year time difference, the alternate universe, and the fact that Lucas flat out won't allow it.

There are a strict, lengthy set of rules that Bioware writers must follow regarding star wars, from things like never naming Yoda's race, to esoteric principles that the Sith and Jedi must conform to at all times, unless depicting sole renegades (Revan / Malak). Many things are absolutely verboten.

It's the price of admission for playing in Lucas' sandbox.

Personally, the Old Republic is far more engaging than the Empire / New Republic days ever were for me. The only things that make me nostalgiac for the New Republic are Lukes ideas regarding the rebuilding of the Jedi Order.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post

Personally, the Old Republic is far more engaging than the Empire / New Republic days ever were for me. The only things that make me nostalgiac for the New Republic are Lukes ideas regarding the rebuilding of the Jedi Order.
    Jedi Academy explored this as its main thruster for its plot. i loved that game.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    It's the price of admission for playing in Lucas' cashbox.
    Lets not try to bash GL where it's not warranted. If he has some rules about how his idea is used, and you have to follow the rules to gain access to the wealth of ... wealth then so be it. They are welcome (and have already) to make up their own stories and IP (Mass Effect MMO). I'm sure a lot of us would love to believe that Bioware made this game for fans, but let's be honest here, they are also making it to make a _whole_heap_of_money_ too.

If George ever decides to make a movie based after the battle of Endor, he doesn't want to have to retcon (ironic, I know [Han shot first!!!]) anything from the Expanded Universe, or any of the games.

10+ Year Old Account
    go to the jedi temple on the jedi starting world in the hallway you'll see 4 holographic faces all look like people from the movies
    general akbar
    mace windu
    and cant remember the other 2 names

Deleted
    Many scifi series that didn't involve time travels finally ended up having time travels sooner or later once they run out of stories. But usually a while after the time travel happens, the story gets so messed up that the series had to end. So for now time travel won't happen in SWTOR, but who knows what happens in the future

Unless Knaak starts writing for Star Wars and has Rhonin show up and magically time travel them back 3,000 years, its not possible for the movie characters to be in game.