Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    or maybe they deemed it too dangerous
    That is a possibility as well. I'm sure if Yoda ever heard anything about it he would destroy all traces of the knowledge. Though if it was Sith/Empire, we know they don't care about the dangers.

Deleted
    I seen a thread similar to this some time ago, well before Swtor came out.
    Long story short, someone linked an Article that interviewed George Lucas about his thoughts on games, novels and such like that take place in the Star Wars Universe and his thoughts on it.
    He said something about there being "his" universe where everything in the movies happens and all that shit, but then in games, books, comics, cartoons and such he had little to 0 involvement in were based in "another Star Wars Universe" where the people involved in them projects could do as they wished (within reason ofc).
    So, in answer to your question, I suppose Bio Ware could go down that road, although I, such as many, highly doubt it.

If someone can link that article It would be helpful, just so there is some proof I didn't pull that statement out of my ass :P

physics says time travel would be possible, IF we moved faster than light. We don't. We travel through a hyperspace tunnel, with its own rules and laws of physics.

Quote Originally Posted by Razirm View Post
    I seen a thread similar to this some time ago, well before Swtor came out.
    Long story short, someone linked an Article that interviewed George Lucas about his thoughts on games, novels and such like that take place in the Star Wars Universe and his thoughts on it.
    He said something about there being "his" universe where everything in the movies happens and all that shit, but then in games, books, comics, cartoons and such he had little to 0 involvement in were based in "another Star Wars Universe" where the people involved in them projects could do as they wished (within reason ofc).
    So, in answer to your question, I suppose Bio Ware could go down that road, although I, such as many, highly doubt it.

If someone can link that article It would be helpful, just so there is some proof I didn't pull that statement out of my ass :P
    While this may be the case, anything that has the LucasArts name on it must be approved by LucasArts. LucasArts probably has a list of no-no's that they will refuse on the spot and this is probably on that list. If it is not on the list and they are unsure, they probably ask Lucas himself, and on this I'm pretty sure he'd say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    physics says time travel would be possible, IF we moved faster than light. We don't. We travel through a hyperspace tunnel, with its own rules and laws of physics.
    I'm confused: us as in humans, or us as in players?
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    While this may be the case, anything that has the LucasArts name on it must be approved by LucasArts. LucasArts probably has a list of no-no's that they will refuse on the spot and this is probably on that list. If it is not on the list and they are unsure, they probably ask Lucas himself, and on this I'm pretty sure he'd say no.
    Aye, I pretty much thought there would be a list of No-no's also, but I cannot remember the exact wording of the article and such and have no idea where I would find it now.
    Anywho, I was just throwing some random info in while I was passing by

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwell View Post
    No because we can't travel faster than light silly
    somes guys in italy and switzerland aren't so sure about that anymore :>

Quote Originally Posted by dagger View Post
    Lol, we'll see for sure in a few more months of testing to see if those neutrinos really are a speedy bunch and not just hardware malfunctions
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

15+ Year Old Account
    Even if it would be possible it would feel cheesy and anti-climactic.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    If you go on Tatooine, you may find a specific Sarlacc, near what will in the future be the area of Jabba's Palace. If you go whisper in his ear, I'm sure he can give a message to Boba Fett a few thousand years later.

A COT-esque Flashpoint group would be cool, but I'm not sure its a good idea or that it's necessary at the same time.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually it was proven that the calculations were incorrect. Just recently actually within the last several weeks. I only know because I was super excited prior.

Sorry to dash your dreams but..

http://gizmodo.com/5887398/a-loose-c...particles-test

OT: It would be sweet, but I woulndt like it.

I mean shit, in 2700 years they couldnt find anything better than the big boob gun on hoth... doubt they will ever discover time travel.

I really do not think the game would be a success if traveling to the planets was done in real time....

I'm going ot say that we never see any of them.

I'm OK with that never happening either.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is a bad idea.

No thanks.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Time Travel? No thanks, leave that for Trackies.

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    I really do not think the game would be a success if traveling to the planets was done in real time....
    That depends entirely upon how it was done

Paradox. If time travel is possible, why haven't we seen time travelers.

Even if "special forces only" would be allowed to do it legally and not make it known, that would not stop other less friendly people do it.

At any rate, theory is theory, and not everything that is theorized can be put to practice. What is taken as proven fact today can be disproved someday, happened before, will happen again.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Deleted
    According to the lore there are a number of instances of time travel but mostly through accident. Maybe we would be able to see the future heroes through a force vision but that would be about it.

Also, bad, bad, bad idea. This would be akin to SWTOR jumping the ship before the end of the first season. Terribad idea. I will eat my asshole if they do a CoT style dungeon.