Deleted

Echo of light question

Does echo of light overwrite stronger verisons of the buff? Say i heal 10k, then another 1.5k would be ticking on the target, almost instantly after I crit for 20k, the echo would then be 3k on the target, after that I do another 10k, would that 3k be overwritten by 1.5k then?

EoL ticks dynamically adjust much like how Ignites work for Fire Mages, the notable difference is that it ticks every 1 second x 6 times and it can not crit or scale with haste. So a 10K heal with EoL for 333/sec for 6 ticks if you have 20% worth of EoL mastery.

If you did a total of 40K healing across three heals (10 + 20 + 10), and your EoL is at 20%, you will get a total of 8K when all is said and done. Using your specific example, EoL will initially tick for 333 each second, from the 10K heal. After the 20K heal lands, you'll be getting 999 ticks until the original 10K ticked 6 times, then it will tick for 666. And when the final 10k hits, itll pump back up to 999 until the 20K heal is done, and drop down to 333 until the last heal's EoL ticked 6 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Fwaky View Post
    Does echo of light overwrite stronger verisons of the buff? Say i heal 10k, then another 1.5k would be ticking on the target, almost instantly after I crit for 20k, the echo would then be 3k on the target, after that I do another 10k, would that 3k be overwritten by 1.5k then?
    I believe you can read up how exactly EoL works in sticked here holy priest guide.
    However sometimes it is not working as intended indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    I believe you can read up how exactly EoL works in sticked here holy priest guide.
    However sometimes it is not working as intended indeed.
    EoL probably has the same problems as Ignite (aka Ignite Munching). Since we're not DPS, we can just assume that EoL stacks with itself for no gain or loss of healing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's say you got enough mastery to have a 20% echo of light. You land a 100k Greater heal which will give you a total of 20k echo of light over 6 seconds. This will give a Hot that ticks for 3333 per second.
    3 seconds later, after 3 ticks, you land another 100k greater heal that gives a 20k echo of light. The old echo of light still have 10k healing left to do since it's done 3*3333=10k. Your new echo of light is added on top of the first echo, giving you a 30k echo of light over 6 seconds.
    New echo of light will now tick for 5k each heal.
    New hots are added on to the existing Hot.

ive noticed after a good greater heal crit that EoL heals for say 3k very tic for 6 secs. but if u use greater heal flowwoed by an instant renew, the renew EoL overwrites the greater heal EoL, making it tic for about 300-400 for each tic. wich is very unfair IMO, considering it should have gotten a 3x6 k hot instead...

blizz fix plx tyty

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enamy View Post
    ive noticed after a good greater heal crit that EoL heals for say 3k very tic for 6 secs. but if u use greater heal flowwoed by an instant renew, the renew EoL overwrites the greater heal EoL, making it tic for about 300-400 for each tic. wich is very unfair IMO, considering it should have gotten a 3x6 k hot instead...

blizz fix plx tyty
    Did you have a PoM flying around ?
    I just tried casting a greater heal while having a 3k ish echo ticking followed by a renew. I see no such thing happening.
    Last edited by Scrubity; 2012-02-27 at 11:15 AM.