Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Please try growing a fucking tree on the back of a turtle. Thanks.
    Would need someone who really knows what he's doing. Like, say, a druid.
    Besides, turtles are also part of nature. One that the Pandaren would be quite concerned about if anything happened to it.

We also had plenty of possible explanations how a Pandaren could have learned at least the basics of druidism on Shen-zin Su already. Right now, it's solely down to whether Blizzard wants to include them, the lore can easily be woven around it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Would need someone who really knows what he's doing. Like, say, a druid.
    Besides, turtles are also part of nature. One that the Pandaren would be quite concerned about if anything happened to it.
    You pick the silliest sentence of my whole post? Great job man.

However, aren't humans or dwarves part of nature? I'm sure that there are Pandaren Druids out there, as said previously, any race can become any class. However, i'm giving you the reasoning why the playable pandaren won't be able to be a druid.

Well, the rest of your post was just somewhat random statements that didn't really go anywhere.

Of course there was no origin story for Druids in the BlizzCon version of MoP. There weren't any druids at that time, so there'd be no point to have one. That's not a good reason why they couldn't be included before release, however.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    A bear turning into another bear would just be really weird imo...
    But Worgen Druids are dudes that turn into dogs that then turn into cats.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    The pandaren on the island have no contact with the rest of the world prior to finding the horde and alliance, and then joining them. Pandaren on the island pre-horde/alliance contact -> haven't learned druidism. Other races after pandaren joined -> already benefit from pandaren teachings.
    Except for, y'know... THE DAMN TAUREN ON THE PANDAREN STARTING ISLAND

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, there's a lore reason for them being unable to become druids. Druidism wasn't taught openly in Azeroth until later, when they left Azeroth, only very few had this full knowledge.You cannot expect all races to be what you wish.

Pandaren cannot be: Death Knights, Warlocks and druids.

In the end, they are the creators of the race, they may pick what they wish. As we speak, we have Tauren, Worgen, Night Elves and Trolls whom can become druids. It's the same short list with paladins - Draenei, Human, Dwarf, Tauren, Blood Elves. Most other classes can be everything else. Lets just roll with what we can be and have fun?

and undead can be monk all of the sudden?.....

To become a monk you just have to watch a bunch of Lee/Chan movies.
    Watching Animal Planet won't teach you how to shapeshift.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Trolls learned it from a completely different source. That lore reason doesn't hold any water. There's also been plenty of possible explanations as to how they could have learned druidism before leaving their turtle already.

It was pretty obvious at BlizzCon they hadn't given much thought to why lorewise Pandaren can't be druids, they just decided that it is that way, as opposed to DKs and Warlocks which clash heavily with Pandaren philosophy.

Personally, i was rather disappointed not to see them on the list.
    Yeah the Cenarius argument is at this point pretty bunk. And even without learning it from their own "Loa" (the Celestials), who's to say they couldn't just stumble upon something similar naturally like the Gilneans, something that would easily flow into Druidism now that their newfound allies can teach them? The Valley of the Four Winds seems like a great place for Druidism to get its roots in Pandaria. And we all know how focused on balance Pandaren are, and Druids are the only class that really has that as their sole goal.
    Plus it's been established that not too long ago, wandering Pandaren would actually return to Pandaria every so often, so I don't see why they couldn't have brought word of these new teachings to their homeland and then perfected their own version.

And I can see why Pandaren can't/won't be Warlocks, basically the same reasons as Draenei, they're just so diametrically opposed to that way of thinking, it'd basically be a Pandaren acting like a Mogu, using power to subdue others to make them do their bidding. But being a Death Knight isn't exactly a matter of willful philosophy, what with them all having been forced into service (well, our player ones anyway, not the originals) so I still don't really see why they can't be DKs. Wouldn't be surprised if both the Druid and DK restrictions get lifted in a few years though, and I'd love to have another Druid race join our fold. Plus it's a really easy way to keep the number of Druid races available to each faction equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love panda droods. Then whenever I out do another class in their own role I'd have the bonus of doing it while adorable.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    To become a monk you just have to watch a bunch of Lee/Chan movies.
    Watching Animal Planet won't teach you how to shapeshift.

undead cant watch lee/chan movies they " learned" the way of the monk so why cant a pandaren learn the way of the druid

Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    and undead can be monk all of the sudden?.....
    Things change - remember?

today:

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 02:46 PM ----------

Please try growing a fucking tree on the back of a turtle. Thanks.
    Hi!
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Pandaren appreciate nature, and I can honestly imagine pandaria spirits teaching them druidism. You don't NEED Cenarius to learn it - the Trolls learnt it from their loa gods, and the Worgen were harvest witches with basic nature magic until their transformation amplified their druidic potential.

It just seems like a wasted opportunity - because Pandaren can be both Alliance and Horde, that would only mean having to give one race the druid class and only designing one set of shapeshifts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Before BC launched I was all excited about making a blood elf druid. I figured night elves can be druids so blood elves can be druids too. I was very disappointed when they announced what classes blood elves could be

I personally like some other mmos where any race can be any class. I think it leaves things open for alot more diversity.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

10+ Year Old Account
    worgen druids are bad enough, im glad there isnt the option for pandaren
    Last edited by creepfest; 2013-01-18 at 04:14 PM. Reason: i r gud speller

Well some "smart" person decided that bear cant be bear, well turn into a bear or some ugly fat ass bird. But a wolf can turn into a bear and ugly bird and that makes perfect sense, at least for that "smart" person.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Blizzards Logic:
    Pandas can't be druids because a bear turning into a bear would be strange, not joking. That was their answer!
    But then... Worgens can be druids, which is a wolf turning into a wolf-like animal. FUCK LOGIC!!?
    Wolf-like animal? A wolf is like a dog, not a cat.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 11:07 AM ----------

You pick the silliest sentence of my whole post? Great job man.
    To be fair it was your opening. Generally that leads your point
    "Peace is a lie"

Greetings I came from the future to help you guys with your problem

This is pandaren druid in normal form

And this is pandaren druid in bear form

Just make it like the worgen mount where he just goes 4 legs to be faster, simple right?

Deleted
    I suspect we'll see more race / class combos someday, it's too much of a cashcow for them to not do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread has outlived it's shelf life. Closing.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre