Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    I like the style you chose, however I am so used to horizontal bars (especially as my cast bar is horizontal) I had a hard time adjusting. Looking at a LB cast bar going from left to right and at the same time looking at vertical bars whether I should refresh FS or cast LvB next would need some adjustment I can not afford today (Ultraxion HC progress yay). But I already reduced my dependency on TotemTimers a lot, and finally was able to switch PowerAuras off. So thanks a lot Endus for a great base for further experimentation ;-)
    To be honest, I ran with a set of horizontal bars for about six months, fiddling with WeakAuras to try and get something I could package like this. It works fine, but I found I had to watch it fairly carefully to get the timing on things "right", though that could easily just be a personal thing. Vertical just feels "easier" to me to catch when something's falling off at a glance, and I find it's much easier to see the sidebars for FET and the shock CD than it was when I tried it with horizontal bars.

If you really want to swap them around to horizontal, though, that's the great thing about WeakAuras. It's just a matter of flipping a few toggles and moving things where you'd like.

Endus - really nice job on these! One request though, is there any way you can maybe incorporate auras for some of the top Ele trinkets? Such as Will of Unbinding, Insignia of Corrupted Mind, Cunning of the Cruel?

I had some that I got from another source but would love to have these in the same style as yours. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely recommend tracking those somehow. The main reason I don't, in the package, is because I would then be required to update the package every time there's a new content tier, and then I'd have to deal with whether or not to remove older trinkets or not, and all that mess.

It should be fairly easy to grab, say, the Flame Shock tracker, change the trigger to the trinket you like, and put it someplace convenient for you. I recommend taking some time to see what WeakAuras has to offer; the UI you customize to your own exact preferences is always going to end up better for you than some other guy's UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I definitely recommend tracking those somehow. The main reason I don't, in the package, is because I would then be required to update the package every time there's a new content tier, and then I'd have to deal with whether or not to remove older trinkets or not, and all that mess.

It should be fairly easy to grab, say, the Flame Shock tracker, change the trigger to the trinket you like, and put it someplace convenient for you. I recommend taking some time to see what WeakAuras has to offer; the UI you customize to your own exact preferences is always going to end up better for you than some other guy's UI.
    Yeah I definitely understand that, but as long as they are made once, it's pretty easy to just replace the buff name with whatever one is on the latest trinket.

Any chance you could maybe post the ones you currently use yourself for trinket procs, and we could edit the buff name to correspond to which ones we have? Thank you!
    Last edited by Zorn; 2012-02-27 at 08:42 PM.

So I finally did a full night in elem and I did not see the behavior I talked about in my earlier post. Thanks again Endus !

Endus, quick question, and forgive me if this is already built into the hud (I am looking at it on my phone and I have yet to install this in game).

But is there a way to track the shared shock cooldown, so maybe a bar inside the flame shock timer bar showing when an earth shock would interfere with casting another flame shock? And is there a way to shoe the tick interval on the flameshock bar to help prevent clipping as we try to refresh it.

Just some thoughts as I looked at it from the screenshots. Can't wait to get home and use it in game!

10+ Year Old Account
    The shared shock CD is an additional aura on the Flame Shock tracker, it shows as thin white lines on either side of it.

As for tick intervals; I haven't found a way to get that running in default WeakAuras yet, but I'm looking into some special scripting that might work. I'm still a neophyte at this stuff though.

Great aura's Thanks Endus. Only thing I would like to add is the link for your auras in The Helpful Shaman Links sticky brings one to the old auras :P
    I like fat chickens and I don't know why; Charbroiled on a spit, or fried; When a Boom walks in with a big fat waist; Stripped down and ready to baste; You get HUNGry; Hope the meat ain't tough; Cause you noticed that the bird is stuffed; Deep in the pan he's stewin; I'm hooked and I can't stop droolin; Oh Baby, I wanna get with ya; And fix you fo dinna; Weight Watchers is just starvin; But that butt you got; Was made for carvin...!

Is this only for 85's? Just installed it and it does not work for my low level(17) ele shaman :/ Details are,
    I used my mail adress I use to log in WoW as "ACCOUNTNAME",
    I use bartender 4 and ForteXorcist,
    Curse client warns me about there is an update for the weakauras, this appeared after i installed this didn't have weakauras before.

Can you help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Is this only for 85's? Just installed it and it does not work for my low level(17) ele shaman :/ Details are,
    I used my mail adress I use to log in WoW as "ACCOUNTNAME",
    I use bartender 4 and ForteXorcist,
    Curse client warns me about there is an update for the weakauras, this appeared after i installed this didn't have weakauras before.

Can you help?
    1> It's intended for level 85 Shaman, but it SHOULD work for lower levels. The auras don't have a level requirement, though there will be some auras for which you don't have the abilities yet.

2> I don't use ForteXorcist currently, but I have, and never saw an issue. I use Bartender 4 myself, so that's definitely not a conflict.

3> Curse Client telling you there's an update means you've got the addon installed properly (and can update through the client; the auras will work with the current version just fine).

At a guess, there's something wrong with the way you changed the file path for the data file that goes under your account name. If you're in Windows, open up Windows Explorer, and navigate to C: -> Program Files (x86) -> World of Warcraft -> WTF -> Account. If you did it right, there should only be one folder in here, with your account name. What I suspect is that there'll be two, one with your account name, and one where you had a typo or such when you entered it. If your account is older, too, it will be under your ORIGINAL, pre-email-login account name; my email login is NOT my account name here. Either way, change the "wrong" folder to match, and it should combine the two. Make sure you change the right one; changing the wrong one will lose you ALL your settings. If you want to double check, go into the account name folder, and there should be another set of folders with your server names. If there's just one folder, SavedVariables, then you're in the folder you copied in from my package.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Here's a screeny of it with my UI, btw:

Is that ELVUI as your base?

Deleted
    Hey Endus, are you working on a enhancement shaman version or not? Looks very cool indeed, I'm looking forward to future works!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    Hey Endus, are you working on a enhancement shaman version or not? Looks very cool indeed, I'm looking forward to future works!
    Enhancement and Resto auras are officially in "if I get around to it" mode. I'd like to add them, but this grew out of my own personal auras from some requests by users, so I haven't been able to dedicate a lot of time to it.

The auras as they stand WILL be updated for MoP's launch, assuming WeakAuras has a beta-compatible version for me to work with (again, lack of time and I haven't been able to work on it). I'll be including all the new stuff; additions I've got penciled in are Ascendance/Stormlash Totem trackers, EB and UE trackers for those level 90 talents that use them, and ideally cooldown trackers for a few things like Astral Shift.

Once I get all that sorted, then I might start working on Resto and Enhancement auras as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    These auras look quite a bit more customizable and easier on the eyes than Powa. I was actually thinking about doing something for enhance ... don't know if it'd be any good though

I've actually been looking for something to take the place of TUSUI since it doesn't seem like there will be any updates forthcoming.

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 11:59 AM ----------

Once I get all that sorted, then I might start working on Resto and Enhancement auras as well.
    That I'd look forward to. It seems like an aesthetic eye is needed for UI customization that I just dont have.

Deleted
    Enhancement and Resto auras are officially in "if I get around to it" mode. I'd like to add them, but this grew out of my own personal auras from some requests by users, so I haven't been able to dedicate a lot of time to it.

The auras as they stand WILL be updated for MoP's launch, assuming WeakAuras has a beta-compatible version for me to work with (again, lack of time and I haven't been able to work on it). I'll be including all the new stuff; additions I've got penciled in are Ascendance/Stormlash Totem trackers, EB and UE trackers for those level 90 talents that use them, and ideally cooldown trackers for a few things like Astral Shift.

Awesome. If possible, could you direct me to some addons for Enhance that are like that? Thanks.

Nice, I'll definetly steal some of the displays. The Fulmination stacks one is particularly brilliant.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Very nice endus. Almost thinking about trying to this out. I've been using bepa since around the end of t10. This is a very nice setup you have here. Are you going to keep this updated in mop cause I'm not sure if bone will be keeping his updated.

How do I move this a little higher on my UI? BTW this is a beautiful set up thanks a ton!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shamestia View Post
    Very nice endus. Almost thinking about trying to this out. I've been using bepa since around the end of t10. This is a very nice setup you have here. Are you going to keep this updated in mop cause I'm not sure if bone will be keeping his updated.
    That's the plan. I have beta access, so as we get closer to launch I'll get a beta version of WeakAuras and make sure everything's updated and working for launch. The goal is that you'll be able to download the new package a few days before the launch (hopefully a week or two, depending on my schedule), and then just update WeakAuras through whatever means you normally use to keep addons up to date.

The current auras SHOULD keep working regardless, but I need to add the new trackers for Ascendance and such to be ready for MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by mack8772 View Post
    How do I move this a little higher on my UI? BTW this is a beautiful set up thanks a ton!
    Any credit for the actual engine goes to the good folks at WeakAuras. If you want to move stuff around, it should be fairly easy; type /wa to bring up the WeakAuras edit menu, then just pick the aura you wish to move in the menu, and then you can drag it around on your screen.

The auras are mostly in "groups", for instance Elemental Mastery has one aura doing the uptime duration and another the cooldown tracking, and those groups SHOULD be movable as a single unit, just select the group in the menu. If it's not working, move one of them (whichever is easiest for you) to where you want it to be, and then check the X and Y offsets it's at, and enter those in on the others in the group to stack them up perfectly again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm bumping this thread, given that we have a great deal of addon changeups happening due to 5.0.4 launching today, with some news.

I'm updating as we speak. Unfortunately, I had everything almost ready to go, and, well, "crap happened", and I lost the changes. That's okay, though, since we have so much new stuff to track that I was basically just expanding the existing layout, and it was getting a little oversized.

So, I'm reworking it a little differently.

Some things I can confirm up front, though;
    • All the new stuff will be handled. I have working trackers for the new EM and AS, Stormlash Totem, etc. There will be trackers for Ascendance and the level 90 talents as well, but I'll be disabling them or adding them in a later version, based on MoP's release date.
    • The big news; Enhancement will be supported! I'm potentially renaming the set, since "Elemental Auras" doesn't make sense any longer
    • Different and more compact layout. Most of the aesthetics will be similar, but the bars are getting a little smaller, in an attempt to get everything to fit in roughly the same screen real estate.
    • I have plans to fiddle with it and develop additional trackers, if I can get them to work. I'd like a cooldown icon for certain things like Astral Shift, to show uptime and if it's on cooldown, and I'd also like to incorporate some basic totem tracking as well, given our new totem system.

Unfortunately, the plans I've worked up, and my raid schedule, may mean this gets delayed a day or two. Simply updating WeakAuras will keep the old package working, the only thing to be aware of is that there's no Ancestral Swiftness tracker, and the Maelstrom Weapon tracker is aimed at 4-9 charges, not 2-7. Everything else should keep working, since spell IDs and such stayed the same, and I can confirm the 1.4.7.1 version of WeakAuras is working just fine on live servers as I'm typing this.

If there's anything you've been itching over because it's not included, now would be the time to make suggestions.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-08-29 at 12:20 AM.