Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If there's anything you've been itching over because it's not included, now would be the time to make suggestions.
    A very minute note:

Since you may be supporting other Shaman spec, it might be a decent thought to rename the aura's to a more 'broad' name?

Endus' Shaman Auras, for instance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    A very minute note:

Since you may be supporting other Shaman spec, it might be a decent thought to rename the aura's to a more 'broad' name?

Endus' Shaman Auras, for instance?
    I already mentioned that in Point Two It won't be EEA any more, but I haven't settled on a new name yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I already mentioned that in Point Two It won't be EEA any more, but I haven't settled on a new name yet.
    Touche'. I suppose I need to read into a bit more detail next time.

so in for this once it rolls, good work ahead of time endus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated the addon seems to be working ok (Ele) so looking forward to the update Endus.

10+ Year Old Account
    This addon looks great, I'll definitely have to try it.

Great work thank you Endus, just wondering if anyone knows if anyone is doing an enhancement add-on i know you said you may but with ShockandAwe no more there is a void

Quote Originally Posted by meifumado View Post
    Great work thank you Endus, just wondering if anyone knows if anyone is doing an enhancement add-on i know you said you may but with ShockandAwe no more there is a void

Yeah Endus
    Anxiously awaiting Enh version

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meifumado View Post
    Well, I definitely am going to be tracking Enhancement stuff. I won't be duplicating the Uptime or Priority boxes that ShockandAwe provided, but if you want the latter, there's Ovale Spell Priority you can snag, and I don't see the point in essentially duplicating that job at this point.

I was hoping to have it ready for Tuesday, but my aura file got corrupted, and my first stab at it was getting a bit chaotic anyway, so I'm taking some time to readjust the design to be a bit more cohesive.

Once it's done, the setup will "intelligently" select the proper auras for you, based on the specialization you're in and the talents you've chosen. Spec's easy, but I'm having some challenges with talents since it's a new design, but I think I've figured out a way to manage it.

The release in a day or so will officially be a "beta" release, but it will be fully functional. I'll just be listing it as "beta" because my focus for now is adding the 5.0.4 and Enhancement stuff, though i'll be adding MoP stuff for the official release next month.

If you update WeakAuras, the current package does work for Elemental, though it's incomplete (no Ancestral Swiftness tracker, no Stormlash, etc). Always update the base addon; the only bit I'm adding to it is the WeakAuras.lua file in the WTF folder which won't get overwritten.

Thanks once again for the info, You rock!!! =)

Deleted
    Will the enh version have timer bars like SAA did? (where the bar length is relative to the CD length etc.)

Can't wait for it in either case though, I'm not liking TT's tracker boxes at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    Will the enh version have timer bars like SAA did? (where the bar length is relative to the CD length etc.)
    Can't wait for it in either case though, I'm not liking TT's tracker boxes at all
    If you mean progress bars, where the bar's length changes as the cooldown does, yes, that's the primary tracking tool I use.

The big issue I'm trying to resolve is that if I make bars for EVERYTHING, even just DPS abilities and cooldowns, Enhancement ends up with something like 9 bars, and it gets confusing;

• Stormstrike
    • Lava Lash (w/ Searing Flames)
    • Unleash Elements
    • Maelstrom Weapon stacks
    • Fire Totems (ST/FET/MT)
    • Flame Shock and Shock CD
    • Stormlash Totem
    • Elemental Mastery/Ancestral Swiftness
    • Feral Spirit

This is, of course, before we get into MoP proper, and my design is already building in Ascendance and Elemental Blast trackers (UF is covered by UE already, and PE by the totem tracker), and not counting defensive cooldowns, healing cooldowns, or utility cooldowns.

I'm toying with the idea of making certain CD trackers a more typical "dial" tracker, primarily Stormlash, Feral Spirit, EM, and AS. These are consistent regular CDs; the main reason I had EM as a bar tracker was that, with 4.3 Elemental Shaman, Feedback was changing the cooldown constantly, and a bigger visual was helpful for tracking it.

The bar system was actually originally inspired by SAA, though, so the intent is somewhat similar. I'm just trying to find a good balance between visibility and information; if there's 8-9 identical bars, you actually need to pay attention to tell if it's the 3rd or 4th one in that's cooling down. You can mitigate that a bit with colors, but I'd like to get it down to about 6 bars. I may be able to handle it with secondary effects on existing bars (the way the FET cooldown is visible on the totem bar, or shock CDs on the FS tracker), or I may have to do something a bit different.

It should looks something like the SS of the older version here, though I'm narrowing the bars a bit for space, and obviously adding a bunch of new trackers. I'm trying to keep it roughly within the same screen real estate. Maelstrom Weapon will have a treatment similar to Fulmination's, but colored appropriately. It should be obvious at a glance which spec you're in, but I'm also trying to share as many auras between specs (FS, totems, CDs) as possible.

Great ! I have only 1 thing to "suggest" : since Lava Surge now makes Lava Burst instant, maybe it would be better to keep displaying the fire arcs (and/or the fire beam on the LvB cooldown bar) ultil the next LvB is cast or the buff fades out, just like it does with the basic ui ?
    Last edited by Recom; 2012-08-29 at 10:26 PM.

Deleted
    The big issue I'm trying to resolve is that if I make bars for EVERYTHING, even just DPS abilities and cooldowns, Enhancement ends up with something like 9 bars, and it gets confusing;
    I used the SAA bars for short-cooldown rotation abilities (ie. everything up to and including UE) and MW procs, for totems and longer CD's I used actual timers like TT so maybe that would be the way to go (timers/boxes for totems/longer CD's/healing stuff).
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2012-08-29 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Great ! I have only 1 thing to "suggest" : since Lava Surge now makes Lava Burst instant, maybe it would be better to keep displaying the fire arcs (and/or the fire beam on the LvB cooldown bar) ultil the next LvB is cast or the buff fades out, just like it does with the basic ui ?
    That is, in fact, exactly how it works right now; rather than tracking the Lava Surge in the combat log, it tracks the buff it provides, the same way I had it in 4.2.

The Lava Surge arcs and beam now show up when the Lava Surge buff is active, and vanish on casting LvB. It's not how it works in the version you'd download here, but I've adapted it for the new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    I used the SAA bars for short-cooldown rotation abilities (ie. everything up to and including UE) and MW procs, for totems and longer CD's I used actual timers like TT so maybe that would be the way to go (timers/boxes for totems/longer CD's/healing stuff).
    That's more where I'm leaning, anything a minute or under gets a bar for at-a-glance function, the various CDs are likely to get an icon with a rotary cooldown effect or something similar, as well as a numerical readout, showing the cooldown.

I'll try and get it somewhat polished and post some screenshots tomorrow, hopefully ready for download by Friday, if everything comes together.

Just wanted to know something, I've tried to make some of these vertical bars but I didn't find anything where I could make the horizontal ones go vertical, and I didn't see any "rotation" option. So I was wondering how you did it, very like your setup!

EDIT: Nvm! Found how!
    Last edited by Stand; 2012-08-29 at 11:51 PM.

I just can't quite figure this out I guess. I did everything as the guide tells you to do, even went to the lengths of removing my current addons(way to many anyway) I guess I can't quite figure out what my ACCOUNTNAME was prior to my battle.net name.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 01:19 AM ----------

I figured it out via installing WA and going through the 2nd steps. However i cannot get the Lava Burst to display correctly any idea's I see it in the WA's just does not display with everything else. Idea's?

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus4004 View Post
    I just can't quite figure this out I guess. I did everything as the guide tells you to do, even went to the lengths of removing my current addons(way to many anyway) I guess I can't quite figure out what my ACCOUNTNAME was prior to my battle.net name.
    You should be able to go into your World of Warcraft directory wherever you installed it, go into the WTF folder, then the Account folder, and if you only have one account logging in from your computer, there should just be one folder here with your account name. That's what you change ACCOUNTNAME to. Alternatively, you can just go into that folder, and then the SavedVariables folder, and copy the WeakAuras and WeakAurasOptions files right in there.

I figured it out via installing WA and going through the 2nd steps. However i cannot get the Lava Burst to display correctly any idea's I see it in the WA's just does not display with everything else. Idea's?
    Not sure, but I'm also releasing an all-new version in a day or two. I'll see if I can make the install a bit easier on people.

Appreciate it Endus, I'm not much of an addons guy, but want to try to be more this round. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but awesome work!

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Deleted
    Wow, completly missed this. Is it already updated for 5.0 - with Stormlash tracking, Endus? :P