Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Farming Planet Commendations

Not seeking an answer here - I know it.

When I googled it I found nothing, so I thought I'd try to help the community by posting here.

If you're trying to farm commendations from a particular planet *after* you've done all the quests there and spent them all, come back at a high level and do the heroics. They're repeatable daily, and despite the information on sites like torhead.com etc, they DO offer commendations (2 or 3 at a time) as rewards.

As a 40 sentinel with Doc out, soloing Alderaan's Heroic 4 quests (level 29 ones) was a cakewalk.

PS did it because I looted Muse Vestments (chest) from a random mob, thought the set would look good on Kira and the pants are only available for 12 Alderaan commendations. See below:

I've been doing the heroics on some of my toons, mostly my warrior. I go solo the heroics on the lower planets to get mods, etc for my alts or the odd moddable item for a companion. Never could figure out why heroics were repeatable until I hit 50 and realized we can use them to farm for commendations for moddable gear. Another way to get commendations is by soloing the lower level flashpoints. I know Esseles/Black Talon drop Coruscant/Dromund Kaas commendations. The other flashpoints also drop commendations equivilent to their planet's level ... if that makes sense. Drop rate is a bit more sporatic than the heroics, but you can also get social points by doing the flashpoints if you run a lower level through with you and light/dark side points. So run the heroics and then chain run some flashpoints for some easy gear for companions or yourself. Rather nifty system.

Its good to farm, but i think most farmable orange will become available for crafting to open augmetn slottign possibilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    So your companion wears what looks good, but has shitty stats?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    no the companion looks good with replaced mods of higher lvl with higher stats. he liked the look so farmed low lvl stuff and got higher mods to fit gear

Orange gear, mods, sigh....
    VOTE TRUMP! Make America Great Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Daarksoul View Post
    Orange gear, mods, sigh....
    I'm still level 40 lol. Epics are to save for level 50, I personally find epics before 50 a waste of credits

Quote Originally Posted by drowland1976 View Post
    I'm still level 40 lol. Epics are to save for level 50, I personally find epics before 50 a waste of credits
    You do realize that Orange gear and Epic gear are not the same?

Quote Originally Posted by drowland1976 View Post
    Orange coloured gear, basically a lot of the gear that you get from flashpoints (while levelling), some major questchains and so to say al the commendation gear, are called modable gear because you can Ctrl+ Right click them and remove the modifications and swap them with upgrades.

So basically, a level 10 lightsaber with a level 10 hilt giving that Jedi Knight +3 Endurance and +3 Strength could be swapped with a level 50 hilt giving the Jedi Knight level 50 stats on the lightsaber, and so on.

why would you farm low level commendations for bad gear?
    waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    waste of time
    If you like the look of a particular orange set, it tends to be tied to a planet's heroic series and commendation vendor. Also, Armor Mods, Enhancement Mods and true Modifications that you buy from the commendation vendor are BoE, usually, so you can send them to alts/sell them for profit. If the quest gives out mods that are BoE, you can also sell those for profit.

Also, if you are trying to get the orange bracers/belts, they have a rare chance to drop out of the commendation lock boxes from the planets in the level range they are for (IE: Level 12 belt would drop from the level 12 boxes on Coruscant/Dromund).

So, the OP is farming for a particular look, and offering advice for how to do it to his/her fellow players.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    waste of time
    Umm, he's farming for orange gear. That means he can take the low level mods out and replace them with high level mods to make it GOOD gear. It's only a waste of time if you don't have a clue how the game works.

I don't think that even with level 58 mods, you can make orange gear the equivalent of Rakata gear.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I don't think that even with level 58 mods, you can make orange gear the equivalent of Rakata gear.
    no you are right, after the patch that allows orange crafts to crit augament slots, those orange will be better than rakata

this thread just shows how amazingly retarded some people can be to not even read in game description of items.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper View Post
    this thread just shows how amazingly retarded some people can be to not even read in game description of items.
    You just have to log in to the game and see someone post on chat asking about crew skills.
    People dont even glance at the freaking codex, so this doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    1)Totally irrelevant to the discussion. Nobody ever said it was the BEST gear. But not being the best does NOT mean it's "bad gear".
    2)Farming full Rakata for you plus all your companions? Way more trouble than it's worth.

if you're empire and 43+ you can solo boarding party flashpoint, get 6-7 taris commendations. as well as 40K/run.
    http://www.oldrepublic.net/351-credi...y-credits.html
    I got the run down to 11 minutes.

moddable gear....

shitty stats....

ok then...

is trolling or stoopid?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    1)Totally irrelevant to the discussion. Nobody ever said it was the BEST gear. But not being the best does NOT mean it's "bad gear".
    2)Farming full Rakata for you plus all your companions? Way more trouble than it's worth.
    Anyone farming nightmare modes is probably starting to gear up their companions in exotech/Rakata gear, you get gear at such an insane pace in this game that the only explanation is that they intend you to also gear up your companions in BiS
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn