Deleted

Is still people playing GW1?

So I can't wait to be playing the GW2 Beta (hope I get chosen!) and I have Guild Wars Faction still somewhere here.

Does still people play it? Or am I gonna be playing it all alone?

I'm planning to pick it up next week or the week after.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    So I can't wait to be playing the GW2 Beta (hope I get chosen!) and I have Guild Wars Faction still somewhere here.

Does still people play it? Or am I gonna be playing it all alone?
    People do still play it. I am not sure what the subscriber level is, but the fact you never pay a subscription fee for it means people will come back and play from time to time.

I am going to just mention this because I noticed you are not a native English speaker so I thought I would give you a tad bit of feedback on it.

You would say Do people still play GW1? Do vs. Does it is tricky especially if you're native language is Spanish. http://www.grammar.cl/Present/Do_Does.htm has a nice bit on it.
    Last edited by coldfiredragon; 2012-02-25 at 05:45 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback coldfiredragon, I actually knew it but sometimes when I try to write everything a bit fast I tend to make some mistakes :P "people" is a tricky word for spanish native speakers.

Again with the main concern of the post: so if I start playing it will I find people to play with?

Deleted
    Guild Wars 1 is still fairly popular and went through something of a renaissance last year with GW2 gaining so much momentum.

However, you must bear in mind that...

...Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2 are two very different games.

Yes, they share the same lore, world and races but the concepts and ideologies that drive both games are fundamentally different from one another. Don't expect to see all that much carry over from GW1 to GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried playing GW1 again after 3 years away...it felt extremely clunky to play after watching the new Beta footage. It is still a beautiful game though, the starting experience blew my mind when I first played. It's a good game, as long as you don't mind solo missions...and no jump ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Thanks for the feedback coldfiredragon, I actually knew it but sometimes when I try to write everything a bit fast I tend to make some mistakes :P "people" is a tricky word for spanish native speakers.

Again with the main concern of the post: so if I start playing it will I find people to play with?
    This made my day, not in a sarcastic way but if only Americans could be this open minded...

on topic tho: I am on GW1 and the community is still buzzing, I am in an alliance that has chat at any hour of any day constantly rolling. Very active.

My guild is without a alliance at the moment but theres usually around 10 people on around the clock anyway.

I also know that theres a alliance still active called Martyrs who got a ton of active players in it.

i keep playing from time to time, planning to raise another 9 achievements to get 45/50 (im currently 36/50)

if you dont find players, switch to american servers

Deleted
    Aye, there are a lot of people still around in GW1.

And if the European districts are deserted, go for the American ones - They're where the party is at.

10+ Year Old Account
    i havent played it b/c no one wants to play with me T_T
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    If you only have Factions, you may not find a huge playerbase on there. Also, like Rhomaioi said, play on the American districts, more like to find people there.

Deleted
    I just bought the Trilogy + EoTN for the HoM rewards, however I forgot the name of my Trial character, so apparently I gotta wait for some support! But I'll be playing it probably until GW2 comes out, iiiinnnnn juuuuuunee!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    I just bought the Trilogy + EoTN for the HoM rewards, however I forgot the name of my Trial character, so apparently I gotta wait for some support! But I'll be playing it probably until GW2 comes out, iiiinnnnn juuuuuunee!
    I've been waiting 4 days since I gave them all the info, I just wanna play.... :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing it semi-casually. I want to get the Legendary Defender of Ascalon title before GW2 is realeased.

Deleted
    They are unusually restrictive with support for GW1 now. My girlfriend wanted to buy more expansions (she only had Factions) recently, however her details are Swedish and she now lives in England with me, so when she tried to buy the Trilogy, it popped us as fraud suspicion, which ok fair enough. So I suggested making a completely new NCSoft account and doing it that way, and it still wouldn't accept her. So I emailed them for her and they lifted the restrictions for 24 hours to allow her to buy it.

Now if she wants to buy anything else from NCSoft store, she genuinely has to e-mail them to request for the restrictions to be lifted, so that she can by their products. Baffled me, as if you really have to twist their arm to take money off of you.