Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha true. H Hagara sucks! H Spine seems like it would suck. As far as what i've done so far.. nothing much. I approached him in a friendly fashion at first, trying to just talk to him and see what he was doing, but he called me a troll and put me on ignore for a month. Now he's openly rude to me. I've approached an Officer and the GM, but they didn't do much, and actually one said "It's not the guild's problem to solve." =/ I suppose there isn't much I can do. I can find a new lock, recommend him, and hopefully one with a good attitude OR I can leave/ignore him for now and hope the guild takes action, but I don't know =/
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Sounds to me like you should just start looking out for a new guild if you're keen to push progression and maximize your own performance. If the leaders of the guild are as unmotivated as you say they are, the guild isn't going to get very far.

Deleted
    > stubborned lock
    Well i'm experiencing exactly the same problem as OP, except that the GM/RL/Off actually told me to discuss, explain, and have the second lock learn a few things. But he's so stubborned that whatever the advice/hint/tips i give him freely and with a good mind, nothing changes. He almost got dumped from the roster, and me being asked to teach/guide him is actually "one more try" to get him to actually get better (and stop being a burden on hc spine).

> spine demonology
    afaik i have tested (60 try as of now) demonology is by far the best spec for spine and the tendrils burst
    i'm consistently doing 1m to 1.4mil of damage, while he's staying at 700-800k each (same stuff, ilvl 400 vs 398)
    and this is one of the point on which the complaints of the RL to our other lock are based
    as i'm consistently doing 40% more damage than he does (tendrils), he's forever last on tendrils meters...
    Although i gave him everything about demo-spine : macros, spell orders, cooldowns usages, when-what-if, everything.
    But he wouldn't even try. And it seems that being ridiculous every evening doesn't even push him to try and do better.

PS : Good thing is, as i'm a sick bastard, it at least gives me something to laugh at every progression night.
    Last edited by mmoc79483d36b0; 2012-02-28 at 01:46 PM.

ive read a few posts and it sounds like he is just focusing on the slimes. this will drop a locks dps by 5-10k easily. locks should not be switching to slimes under any circumstance. we are a melee based range, and the heavy movement absolutely kills our dps, more than any other class.

if blizzard keeps coming up with these "trash mob" bosses, i will probably reroll a mage.

Deleted
    > spine demonology
    afaik i have tested (60 try as of now) demonology is by far the best spec for spine and the tendrils burst
    i'm consistently doing 1m to 1.4mil of damage, while he's staying at 700-800k each (same stuff, ilvl 400 vs 398)
    and this is one of the point on which the complaints of the RL to our other lock are based
    as i'm consistently doing 40% more damage than he does (tendrils), he's forever last on tendrils meters...
    Although i gave him everything about demo-spine : macros, spell orders, cooldowns usages, when-what-if, everything.
    But he wouldn't even try. And it seems that being ridiculous every evening doesn't even push him to try and do better.

PS : Good thing is, as i'm a sick bastard, it at least gives me something to laugh at every progression night.
    I think they want to laugh too, that lock under the blood DK :
    ww w.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-es0oxjyiz7c7yc4h/analyze/dd/source/?s=2292&e=9546&target=79

As range officer, I tried to dicuss with him, but it's just impossible. He always think he's right, and when we prove him wrong, he says "I don't care".
    He's on a razor edge, we just wait for a good warlock application.

Replace him, plain and simple...

You are a simple raider in that guild. Act as one and mind your own performance. Especially on 25 mans officers/GM/raid leaders got enough on their heads having to listen to individuals QQ about other raiders is a bit to much.

Even if you where right i would tell you to bugger of and mind your own business. You entire raid dps is low btw your mages are on like 40 k on Yorshaj 25 heroic etc. Aka you all under perform. Give that guy a break imo and chop chop more pew pew less QQ.

25 mans fight with many different things atm btw. Recruitment and roster gaps is the major one. Its one thing to be a clueless simple raider and say kick and replace its a completely different to be in charge of the guild and trying to make the best out of what you have while keeping the raids going.

When you get 1-2 applications per months you cant kick anyone. So stop being a whiny annoyance mind your own business and watch the bigger picture. Creating a bad atmosphere within the guild gossiping with other raiders etc etc will just get your guild disbanded probably.

Anyway "What would you do with a lock who refuses to take advice?" Its none of my business officers should handle it.
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2012-02-28 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    You are a simple raider in that guild. Act as one and mind your own performance. Especially on 25 mans officers/GM/raid leaders got enough on their heads having to listen to individuals QQ about other raiders is a bit to much.

Even if you where right i would tell you to bugger of and mind your own business. You entire raid dps is low btw your mages are on like 40 k on Yorshaj 25 heroic etc. Aka you all under perform. Give that guy a break imo and chop chop more pew pew less QQ.

25 mans fight with many different things atm btw. Recruitment and roster gaps is the major one. Its one thing to be a clueless simple raider and say kick and replace its a completely different to be in charge of the guild and trying to make the best out of what you have while keeping the raids going.

When you get 1-2 applications per months you cant kick anyone. So stop being a whiny annoyance mind your own business and watch the bigger picture. Creating a bad atmosphere within the guild gossiping with other raiders etc etc will just get your guild disbanded probably.

Anyway "What would you do with a lock who refuses to take advice?" Its none of my business officers should handle it.
    Constructive post we have here, with no douchebaggery at all.

OT: Seems like they're not willing to make people perform so if you're serious about it I'd start looking for a new spot to raid.

Recruitment is fairly dry right now, so the loss of too many players can be quite damaging. "Fixing" a warlock who a) Does not do that badly compared to the rest of the raid b) Does not want the "help" is a serious risk. You have raised your concerns with the guild leadership and they have made the choice. It is not your place to make the decision.

So just leave well enough alone or change guilds, this form of public display is shameful at least in my eyes. Why link the logs when they don't even help your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Constructive post we have here, with no douchebaggery at all.

OT: Seems like they're not willing to make people perform so if you're serious about it I'd start looking for a new spot to raid.
    Douchebaggery or not my post is way more constructive and sensitive then yours.

As officer/GM/rl you don't always do what you want to do. You adjust and act according to your guild needs. When the alternative to using an underpefrormer is to raid with 23-24 on a heroic progress boss that has certain dps requirements you will use the underperformers because that's you have to do to keep your guild running. Again we are on times of DIRE recruitment. You do what you have to do to keep your guilds running. If you care about your guilds.

Have met many players like the op that feel they are better then the rest and that claim officers dont kick underperformers etc. They are usually simple raiders that have never been on a core position within the guild. We kick them asap at least before they poison the rest. Havent seen a single one survive and play for a better guild after btw they all just fade away despite their "imbaness"

Guild > individuals

You tell him to quit his guild and find new one. He is a 2/8 heroic warlock. Warlocks in general are a pretty bad class in DS not many decent guilds recruit locks and usually only if they come with legendary. Ok he quits where is gonna go? On a 3-4 heroic guild? He ll get stack on Blackhorn or Spine again until 20 % at least if not longer.

Anyway w/e unless you have been gm's or officers or rl's in raiding guilds you shouldn't give advice regarding raid management imo. Your intentions might be the best but you ll hurt the ones you try to advice. The easiest thing in the world is to say quit and find a new guild. Actually doing it and making a jump to a better one is a different thing.

Relax enjoy your raids dont attack your co raiders we get the 10 % this week also see how you do after on yorshaj etc. Raiding 25 mans right now isn't easy cut your officers some slack and enjoy it. While we still have some 25 man guilds arounds.
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2012-02-28 at 07:19 PM.

given your knowledge about the warlock class and theorycrafting that you displayed in the destruction vs demo thread i'd flat out ignore you. cant blame your guildy for not listening to someone like you.

Just looking at Heroic Yor'sahj attempts, he should be doing more single target damage to Yorsahj regardless of him switching to oozes/voids. HE'S AFFLICTION. You can maintain your single rotation on the boss while having only minimal downtime during oozes because that's where affliction excels. He's bad and (from the sound of it) doesn't want to improve. Find a new guild.

edit: To further clarify, I'm looking at uptimes ranging between 30-60% on wipes where he did not die early. His Haunt uptime is abysmal; around 35-40%.
    Last edited by toshax; 2012-02-28 at 10:54 PM.

If he bluntly/arrogantly refuses my advice then I'd Flip an' Run! Unless I'm in a guild that I'm really attached to and wouldn't want to ruin my image badly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post

Minus the bitchyness in the post, this person has pretty much hit the nail on the head. As an officer in my guild which sounds like its in a similar situation - if the guild is struggling for consistant numbers and refuses to go 10mans, kicking a player is just not feasable. And there is seriously a limit to the amount of times officers/GM can have words with the person in question (and threaten their raid spot) before the person realises that so long as recruitment sucks then his raid spot is pretty safe because after all; low DPS is way better than no DPS (unless ofcourse he just fucks up mechanics and wipes the group consistantly).

But yeah, it sounds like you are not in a hardcore raiding guild, so dont make it your business to tell others how to play. Offer him advice by all means, but when he declines, dont whine to the officers, as Marizza quite rightly pointed out they may well have bigger things on their plate... so cut them some slack! If you are really unhappy with the performance of others then you may want to find a new home for your character

Edit# Just realised that our two guilds are on the same realm and are in exactly the same position regarding doing upmost to keep to 25man raids... as lets face it, 10mans are boring!
    Last edited by mmoc9e884f62e3; 2012-02-29 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    40% uptime on haunt and the officers don't give a shit ?

wow