Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    Deleted

GW2 should be P2P

Don't just dismiss the idea outright, think about it.

I know GW2 is free to play and i love this, but i think without a subscription will we suffer with lack of content, updates or support? Server quality? Will the game have GM's? With pay to play you can normally expect good support and frequent content, but GW2 will most likely follow the expansion pack and micro transaction route instead..

Now im in no way rich or have disposable income but would still like a subscription seeing as i believe that i the best way to know you going to get good service and updates, even if it was lower than the standard rate of today (which is 8.99 GBP), plus it's nice to support companies who deliver quality games, and i don't mind paying if im getting a better experience for it.

What like to hear your views

Deleted
    It will be P2P, there are morons on the internet that think that the no subscription fee = f2p.

Deleted
    I pay a monthly fee for SWTOR and don't receive better customer service. If you like the game and want to help it succeed just buy things from the shop. Even if you don't like cosmetic stuff you can get character slots and other quality of life features.

Then it would have to compete with WoW, SWTOR and the like directly, rather then indirectly. One of the main attractions of GW2 is that it's a game that you can play in addition to subscription-based games without feeling that you're not getting everyone out of your subscription.

It's a two edged sword, and there are absolutely no guarantees that they would get more money in with subscription model over buy to play model.

sigh... another one of those types.... this video effectivly debunks every false notion you presented on why P2P is better and then some.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    Edit: Merendel beat me 2 it

ah the all knowing no it all
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

It was discused many times. GW2 dont need monthly fee.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticroots View Post

I know GW2 is free to play and i love this, but i think without a subscription will we suffer with lack of content, updates or support? Server quality? Will the game have GM's? With pay to play you can normally expect good support and frequent content, but GW2 will most likely follow the expansion pack and micro transaction route instead..

Now im in no way rich or have disposable income but would still like a subscription seeing as i believe that i the best way to know you going to get good service and updates, even if it was lower than the standard rate of today (which is 8.99 GBP), plus it's nice to support companies who deliver quality games, and i don't mind paying if im getting a better experience for it.

You obviously never played GW1

And this is why video games never progress because close minded people like you think there is only one way of doing things and thats it. When all games have static worlds that never change where mobs stand in the same area and never move we question MMO's like Rift and GW2 where certain mobs are active and change the world around you. We question phasing in WoW where the devs try to create an active world. We say that since WoW is P2P that no game can be a success if it also isnt P2P, we say that f2p games wont create new content because they arent making any money.

Lets just stop this nonsense its ridiculous.

Deleted
    It's already been shown that games don't need a subscription fee to be good, or that it lacks content updates.

We should not go back in the time, we should be moving forward. Subscription based games isn't needed anymore. Guild Wars 2 is not free-to-play, it's buy-to-play, which means you have to buy the box, and then you're able to play as much as you want, free-to-play means that you don't need to spend any money at all to be able to play the game.

So no, Guild Wars 2 don't need a subscription fee, it's already showing that they can make a hell-good game, even without a sub fee. Subscription fee was needed before because of server cost, but not anymore. Games just keep sub fees because they want to milk the last out of our money before people understand that sub-fee is actually completely useless.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticroots View Post

Honestly I think WoW players suffer from a lack of content because either way Blizzard is getting paid. Without a subscription fee ANet is forced to put out compelling new content that people will actually want to buy. Therefore we actually are getting more worthwhile content and we can decide if it's worth our money or not.

It worked pretty well with Guild Wars 1, so I'm not worried about a lack of content or server quality. There are going to be plenty of people using the cash shop, and combined with box sales, they shouldn't have a problem when it comes to finances.

I'm gonna use wow as a example but what did you get from buying last wow expansion. Then what did you get when you pained 15$ a month after that box.

For anyone who played GW1, were the only content updates from the expansion packs or were there content patches as well?

WoW is P2P because of Activision.
    Activision = greedy
    They don't -need- to get a monthly income from their game in order to make content. Many players will be using the cash shop anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    For anyone who played GW1, were the only content updates from the expansion packs or were there content patches as well?
    Heard they released some free content just because they could.

WoW has been charging fees since ever and look at where it's at.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

Deleted
    Nah its better F2P
    It will easier , getting rid of , bots > hackers > offenders a lot more easier > forcing them once again buying the game

Blizz rather of the loss of 2 million ppl , made 5 million profit cause of the shop's pets , mounts and transfer of servers .
    This could work in GW2
    Last edited by mmocbeb563a6f8; 2012-02-25 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    There have been a number of content patches, the first of which was ~4 months after the initial release, Sorrow's Furnace. And, just recently they patched in the last phase of Winds of Change in Cantha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.