10+ Year Old Account

Undecided to which class I will play

As the title says i'm undecided as to which class I will play when GW2 comes out.
    What classes will you guys be playing? (as a main)
    why will you be playing that class?
    And could somebody give me an 'in a nutshell - comparable to WoW class definition?

Ty all

Many threads in here just like it, might want to try looking around the thread and the stickies.

OT: Mesmer at first, my alts would be Theif and Elementalist

Mesmer mainly because I like the idea of a... trolling... profession ;D

None of them really compare, other than the general feel of the class. Like Ranger would be a Hunter, even though gameplay wise the two are totally different.

Deleted
    There's plenty of videos on Youtube that explain and showcase the different professions far better than anyone else will in this thread.

However, pro tip, don't play Guild Wars 2 with the view to compare everything to WoW, explore it as a new game, otherwise you'll constantly be saying 'grr but it's like this in wow'.

I am also undecided between a few professions and what I'm going to do is wait until there is more footage of these professions using all of the weapon combinations and decide based on which animations I like best.

Best and easiest way to decide in my opinion is by actually playing. So, if the Beta is kind enough to me to invite me along, I'll be spending a little time trying different classes whilst working through content looking for any bugs there may still be. Alternatively, my first few days in game will be filled with some altoholism ;-)

we have a lot of class topics around, check those out.