Deleted

Stance dance as arms warrior?

Hello people,

So i play arms warrior a lot in PvE and like i like it.
    But now i got a question i see a lot of arms warriors stance dancing so i thought if they do it why shouldn't i do it.
    So after some macro's i could finnaly stance dance and do some nice dps.
    But some guildies are saying that i better stay in battle stance, because otherwise it's a dps loss, Cause it will only work with 0,0 latency wich is impossible to get they say.
    Well now i am so cunfused about this should i just continue stance dancing or just stay in battle stance?
    (soz for bad english)

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're playing above 200 it's not really an issue imo, it just gets easier with less lag.

Continue to stance dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Continue to stance dance.
    this

10char

Deleted
    Okay thanks for your response

It's only a DPS loss with high latency, but honestly I find it a clumsy mechanic so I don't usually do it - it also tends to throw you off sometimes because you'll hit your keybind for OP and realize a split second later that you need to hit it again. My timing is thrown off when dancing, so right now I stay in Battle Stance. I don't think it's a major DPS increase, only around ~500 DPS (could be wrong on that) so it seems miniscule to me.

Dance baby dance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    It's only a DPS loss with high latency, but honestly I find it a clumsy mechanic so I don't usually do it - it also tends to throw you off sometimes because you'll hit your keybind for OP and realize a split second later that you need to hit it again. My timing is thrown off when dancing, so right now I stay in Battle Stance. I don't think it's a major DPS increase, only around ~500 DPS (could be wrong on that) so it seems miniscule to me.
    Do you not button mash like you should be? Stance-dancing does nothing to make the rotation feel clumsy, which is what I find hard to understand when people claim such things. Everything you were doing before is going to be the exact same thing as what you will do with the mechanic, except for the 75 rage-cap, which doesn't even matter because you should not be floating around the 70 rage mark anyway. Furthermore, it's more like a 1k+ dps increase which is quite significant in terms of only using macros that do the whole stance-dance for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    You should be spamming your ability keys regardless of whether you stance dance or not, at least the ones that are on a cooldown (MS!), it's just good practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Namso View Post
    Do you not button mash like you should be? Stance-dancing does nothing to make the rotation feel clumsy, which is what I find hard to understand when people claim such things. Everything you were doing before is going to be the exact same thing as what you will do with the mechanic, except for the 75 rage-cap, which doesn't even matter because you should not be floating around the 70 rage mark anyway. Furthermore, it's more like a 1k+ dps increase which is quite significant in terms of only using macros that do the whole stance-dance for you.
    I might have to give it another go then. I know when I try I sometimes have to remember to hit OP macro ("C" on my setup) twice and once in a while I'm not 100% sure that it went off. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I might have to give it another go then. I know when I try I sometimes have to remember to hit OP macro ("C" on my setup) twice and once in a while I'm not 100% sure that it went off. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    I would suggest making a habit out of spamming every key many times every time you want to use an ability. If you have that habit you won't have to remember to press certain buttons twice to make them work. Preferably you spam them before the previous GCD is even up since stances are off the GCD you'll be in the proper stance when the GCD is up and you'll get that OP off faster. As a follow up you'll start spamming the next ability to be used right after OP is used so that you will get into the proper stance asap.

Deleted
    You have to always hit it twice because first time it checks if you're in the right stance - you're not and swaps to battle stance and on the second push it checks for stance again - you're in the right stance by then and you can perform overpower.

With a "#showtooltip overpower" before your regular macro you should be able to see if it's on cooldown or not if you don't track your TfB procc otherwise.

it takes a lot of latency to make it a dps loss. like 300+

if you're 100+, you just have to spam the keys earlier and it will be a bit clunky, but it will work

what bar addons do you stance dancers use? do you have custom lag tolerance (ability queuing) on?
    i use domino's and i have clt set to 250 (my ms + 200), and no matter how hard i try i cant get stancedancing to be a dps increase... it feals like im losing 0.2secs of a global cooldown every time i overpower, no matter if i hit it twice or 10 times...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-stance-dance
    tl;dr: stance dance if you want to maximize your dps and your latency is less than 300sh
    otherwise just stay in battle stance and do whatever you want and don't care

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damosapien View Post
    what bar addons do you stance dancers use? do you have custom lag tolerance (ability queuing) on?
    i use domino's and i have clt set to 250 (my ms + 200), and no matter how hard i try i cant get stancedancing to be a dps increase... it feals like im losing 0.2secs of a global cooldown every time i overpower, no matter if i hit it twice or 10 times...
    I use Bartender and I have the exact same macros on all the stance bars. I have CLT set to 200 (I usually play with 150-200 ms).
    The key to stance dancing is really about being proactive. If your next three abilities are going to be: MS -> Op -> Slam you would press
    your OP macro right after you use MS, let's say you swap stance 0.1 seconds after MS is used. If you do it that early the game has another 1.4
    seconds to properly change the stance and bars before the GCD is up so you won't lose any time once the GCD is up and you can actually use OP.
    After OP is use you will hit your Slam macro right away to get back into Berserker Stance even though Slam itself won't be used just yet.

It would be something like this:

0.0 Berserker Stance (starting)
    0.0 MS
    0.1 Battle Stance
    1.5 OP
    1.6 Berserker Stance
    3.0 Slam

Hopefully this makes sense to you :P