Could I be punished for this?

Hey

So, I just did a dungeon on my alt rogue and lost an agility ring to a blood DK ^^

I said these words roughly - "Why do you need that ring? Agility is literally 100% useless for you."

He responded with "So is wearing pvp gear and not gemming but I don't whine" - I was wearing pvp gear due to it being an alt and I wanted to gear it for pve (What better way to get pve gear than do dungeons?) - One piece of gear was ungemmed as I had recently spent all of my money on enchanting and I was using dungeons to get some quick money for it.

Anyway, he immediately left the group after that - And I probably should have just shrugged it off, but slightly annoyed; I went onto his realm and pursued the question (Not being aggressive in any way).

I basically told him that dungeons is where I get gear, and why I hadn't gemmed, then asked him once again - Why did he need an agility ring? He then supposedly reported me for harassment and then ignored me ^^ (Reiterating - I was not in any way aggressive)

Anyway, i'm not really worried about whether or not I get suspended for this (as i doubt he actually reported me tbh) - but it got me thinking, could I actually get suspended for doing something like that? Is switching realm and pursuing a legit question really considered harassment? ^^

(Yeah obviously I should have just left it, but whatever it's late and i'm not really thinking straight).

Nothing will happen, ive done things far worse then that, and it only happen in rare cases when the person in question is gonna care or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, depends on what kind of GM answers the ticket. If you made another lvl 1 toon on his server to get around the ignore, then definitely yes.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not technically harassment, All you did was ask a question in a non-aggressive matter.

Making a character on their realm to speak with them - you'll be ok.

You said he blocked you. As long as you didnt make more level 1's to question him afte the initial blocking you will be ok.

If he blocked you, and you continued to make new level 1's to continue questioning him, then that would constitute harassment if he reported you.

Where's the part where you harassed him?

If you didn't harass someone, getting reported for harassment won't really lead to anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely not Blizzard staff has far more important matters to deal with then this silly nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Hey

So, I just did a dungeon on my alt rogue and lost an agility ring to a blood DK ^^

I said these words roughly - "Why do you need that ring? Agility is literally 100% useless for you."

He responded with "So is wearing pvp gear and not gemming but I don't whine" - I was wearing pvp gear due to it being an alt and I wanted to gear it for pve (What better way to get pve gear than do dungeons?) - One piece of gear was ungemmed as I had recently spent all of my money on enchanting and I was using dungeons to get some quick money for it.

Anyway, he immediately left the group after that - And I probably should have just shrugged it off, but slightly annoyed; I went onto his realm and pursued the question (Not being aggressive in any way).

I basically told him that dungeons is where I get gear, and why I hadn't gemmed, then asked him once again - Why did he need an agility ring? He then supposedly reported me for harassment and then ignored me ^^ (Reiterating - I was not in any way aggressive)

Anyway, i'm not really worried about whether or not I get suspended for this (as i doubt he actually reported me tbh) - but it got me thinking, could I actually get suspended for doing something like that? Is switching realm and pursuing a legit question really considered harassment? ^^

(Yeah obviously I should have just left it, but whatever it's late and i'm not really thinking straight).
    This is why when something happens to you in game, you should forget about it. But being behind a computer promotes passive/aggressive behavior, and people turn into control freaks. It's a ring. Was he wrong for taking it? Yeah. But, that's one of the costs of LFD. And d-bag behavior should be expected, and then ignored. It's not worth getting worked up over, and definitely not worth chasing him down on his server.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you were keep making lvl 1 alts and repeating stuff like: YOU DICK YOU FAG YOU NOOB YOURS MAMA IS FAT ...etc then you can be reported for harasment and banned for 3h at least. But in your situation gm would just ignore the persons ticket.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Next time just chalk this up to LFD is full of idiots and shrug it off

The thing with loot is that its not worth losing your account over by going off on a tirade over someone who ninjaed something off you

If you have a geniune complaint then just calmly write a ticket to a GM and if the GM says there is nothing you can do then thats life and just hope karma bites the guy in the ass the next time a str ring drops and a feral drood wins it or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls will always be trolls, if you do get suspended which you wont, BUT if you do then this proves my point that Blizzard are the biggest trolls.
    As for a DK, it's very typical, the easiest class and most noob class and the class that is ALWAYS played by trolls and little kids, as they simply don't have the brain capacity to play a real classs.

Mod Edit: No need to insult people who choose a certain class.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-02-27 at 01:25 PM.

as has been said. making multiple 1s to talk to him through block is harassment.
    making only the one? probably not, but either way you already knew the 'right' answer. just let it drop.

regardless of what you say, it is aggressive. you actively set out to pursue him for an answer, it's aggressive. not very aggressive, but by definition. best just to let that method drop.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

No you won't be punished for it, but it did seem like you pestered him a little too much over it :/
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

u can literaly say annything to players... all tho u should watch out for racist commenting thus it might give u a perma ban. if a Gm replies to his ticket they will say they are sorry on ur belhalf and let him know where the "ignore" button is... Since they will scroll trhough the conversation he might end up "backfiering hard"

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Quote Originally Posted by Syfy View Post
    As for a DK, it's very typical, the easiest class and most noob class and the class that is ALWAYS played by trolls and little kids, as they simply don't have the brain capacity to play a real classs.
    Honestly, this isnt necessary at all. There are plenty of bad players that play every class and spec, so lets stop with the ignorance.

OT: I highly doubt you will get suspended for making a level 1 alt on his server to further question him. As others have said, if you made yet another level 1 after he ignored you though, then you likely would see a suspension.

Next time, just leave the situation alone after the dungeon is over. If youre angry, just turn off the game and do something else. Risking getting a suspension because someone else was a douche just isnt worth it.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have to ask, the answer is most likely yes.

You will be fine.

You simply persued him to explain yourself and ask his motives for taking your ring. If you were as non-aggressive as you claim, assuming you mean you weren't spamming him or harassing him with vulgar threats, then you will be okay bud.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Deleted
    Potentially yes, depending on the wording you used. If he added you to ignore on that realm, and you continued to create character or pursue a conversation then it could be harrassment. If you got aggressive at all, used any insults or bad language, then yes.

But seriously, leave it alone next time. Neither of you are perfect in this situation, I don't see why it was necessary to create a character on his realm to continue it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just sounds like your everyday WoW asshole i run into them on a daily basis if im lucky i'll go a full day without having to deal with one. But no you probably won't have to worry about it he sounds like he's some 12 year old kid.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

As long as you don't swear at him or anything. I wouldn't sweat it though.