Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    For all the people who keep saying "build your own pc, it's cheaper!", you have to consider not everyone feels comfortable with doing this (or has the time to do so). At some point in your life, your time suddenly becomes alot more valuable. I'd rather throw 150 bucks extra to a good company with good service which delivers a quality job (good cable management etc) than going trough the hassle of doing it myself at this point. I assume it comes fully installed aswell, building a PC, installing, testing components etc easily would take me 6-8 hours, and 6-8 of my hours are worth (alot) more than 150 bucks. Just something to consider!

Deleted
    But it usually is cheaper, cheaper has nothing to do with not feeling comfortable and I doubt very many people do not have 2-4 hours to spend, even with a busy schedule. If the hours spent to put it together is taken from your free time then it's worth nothing.

If you don't care about spending money for something you can do yourself or don't feel comfortable doing it then go for it. Next time you wanna update/upgrade you might not know how it all works or know where to start. Also if you don't do the homework there is a big risk of getting a PC with mismatched components.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    A big plus with having a "reputable" company build your PC is that they take care of anything that goes wrong with the hardware used for the build. Hopefully nothing goes wrong but if 2 years from now my CPU/GPU goes bad they are responsible for replacing it. I won't have to deal with the manufacturers of each component. A three year parts and labor warranty has some value over a build it yourself.

I do have a $600 build it myself PC (for nieces/nephews to use when they visit) whose parts I consider throw away since they would be so cheap to replace. High end parts (such as a 7970 GPU) I like to have a good guarantee.

Deleted
    You don't have less guarantee buying individual parts and also you can return them without having to send the whole computer back. I don't follow your logic at all.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do have the manufacturers guarantee when you buy individual parts. If something goes wrong with a part you are responsible for dealing with the manufacturer and any hassles you may run into. If a builder, like Ironside, also guarantees parts, they are responsible for making things right. I've never dealt with a builder that makes you send the entire PC back when a single part can be determined to be at fault. I'd rather deal with one company for all of my parts than 8 different companies (for instance, if you buy a CPU from newegg you can return it to them within 30 days of purchase for exchange only if it is not physically damaged - if it is damaged - not working - you need to deal with the manufacturer). If the worst was to happen and I could not figure out what is making my PC not function, it's good to know I can send the PC to the builder and they have to make it work again no matter what it takes.

I also bought the system using American Express which also extends my warranty to four years and protects me for the length of the warranty guaranteeing that my purchase is repaired/replaced by the builder or they will refund my purchase price even if the builder goes out of business.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with building your own. You get more PC for the same amount I am spending to have one built or get the same one for less money. You also get to personally deal with manufacturers if anything goes wrong which I can't be bothered with (not likely, but it can happen). I and many others just don't want to take the time to order parts and do the build and don't care about the extra cost..
    Last edited by wkramer; 2012-03-16 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    I and many others just don't want to take the time to order parts and do the build and don't care about the extra cost..
    You're right some don't care about the extra cost and can't be bothered to take the time to do it. I don't know if you can speak for those "many others" but you're probably right, how else would these computer sites exist. Some probably also think it's much more difficult and less secure than it really is (building it yourself). If you do your research and ask for help when buying your components, you'll get parts from manufactures with great or as good customer service.

Don't worry you don't have to defend or justify your purchase to me, we're not all alike and it looks like you're getting a good deal and I wish you good luck with it.

let me know what the return address is when u recieve ur computer. they are located in las vegas 89139 which is the zip code i live in and with a quick google search the address i found for them leads to a house in a gated community not the store front image on their website. i know this area pretty well. i may have the wrong address and will be doing a bit more of a search for it but something seems not right. i do wish u the best of luck with ur computer when u recieve it. check to make sure everything is inside that is supposed to be in there.

Quote Originally Posted by laharl View Post
    let me know what the return address is when u recieve ur computer. they are located in las vegas 89139 which is the zip code i live in and with a quick google search the address i found for them leads to a house in a gated community not the store front image on their website. i know this area pretty well. i may have the wrong address and will be doing a bit more of a search for it but something seems not right. i do wish u the best of luck with ur computer when u recieve it. check to make sure everything is inside that is supposed to be in there.
    lol I hear what you're saying. I was trying to find some reviews for the company because of this post and they are everywhere. Wiki answers, yahoo answers, cnet, video game forums. However, its literally the same dude asking is this company good, with the exact same answer for each post: "yes ironside company is the good company."

Dudes frauding kinda hard. I'm gonna pass on this one for sure.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll know soon what type of build I receive. So far the experience has been the best I have had when ordering a PC that is not from one of the big sellers (HP, Dell etc). They send you build progress reports on a timely basis (I ordered mine on the 9th and it has been in quality control since the 15th - 5th business day). It looks like it will be shipping within the 2 to 10 business days they promise.

I'll post the address my PC is shipped from when it arrives. I did find this on another review " if your ever in the Las Vegas area just go check them out for yourself. They're located in southwest Las Vegas by Rainbow and Robindale". I really don't care if they are located at a business address or in a garage (Apple started out in a garage) so long as I get what I'm paying for.

I'll also be posting a review that lists the brand names of major parts used in the build and my overall build review.

I never really worry about ordering from companies with little known reputations. I always buy with American Express and they have always backed me up whenever a purchase was not what I ordered.

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 10:30 AM ----------

I have a Thermaltake "Bigwater 760 Plus" liquid cooler that I never used so I ordered a cooler block, sidewindercomputers.com/wahegp79fora.html, for the 7970 GPU that the PC is coming with. I'll install it myself once the PC arrives. My CPU and GPU will have separate coolers then.
    Last edited by wkramer; 2012-03-19 at 01:55 PM.

I too ordered a PC from Ironside this past wednesday and am currently in stage 2.

Despite the fact that there wasn't all too many reviews and whatnot on the web, there also weren't any negative reviews. I figure there has to be more than just me and the OP who have ordered from Ironside, and I figure if they were subject to fraud they would've made it as public as possible on forums/websites.

Additionally, on the Ironside website they claim to have partnered with NZXT, and following a trip to the NZXT website, they verify Ironside as a recognized vendor. I doubt a company as reputable as NZXT would partner with fraudulent company.

I will post my experience throughout the process as I go.

It's always refreshing to see a site that literally no one has heard of be instantly backed by so many "customers". It's so likely that all of these 0 times posted accounts that were created on/after the day this thread was made are real customers. <---insert massive sarcasm

Word of advice Ironside computers. People aren't blind. There will be many that think I'm being an idiot. But there will also be many, like me, that can clearly see that you are posting on 3-4 accounts in this thread. Best of luck with all of your shenanigans.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I found this thread by Googling Ironside Computers and decided to post my experience with buying a PC through them after being disappointed in the customer service provided by CyberPower (with their lack of communication and backordering of higher end parts). My location is easily determined by a halfway intelligent computer user and its nowhere near Las Vaegas.

I suppose everyone on this forum should listen closely to a poster who mentions "0 times posted" when they themselves posted for the first time in this thread. If you are a regular poster on this board then you should be man or woman enough to post using your real username in order to have any credibility.

If I don't receive exactly what I ordered from Ironside it will be posted here. If I receive what I expected and they have gone above and beyond that will also be posted.
    Last edited by wkramer; 2012-03-19 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wowsneakmore1 View Post
    It's always refreshing to see a site that literally no one has heard of be instantly backed by so many "customers". It's so likely that all of these 0 times posted accounts that were created on/after the day this thread was made are real customers. <---insert massive sarcasm
    I was thinking this exact same thing, I've never seen so many people with so few posts talk about buying from the exact same company in such a short timespan, what a coincidence!

Quote Originally Posted by wkramer View Post
    I suppose everyone on this forum should listen closely to a poster who mentions "0 times posted" when they themselves posted for the first time in this thread. If you are a regular poster on this board then you should be man or woman enough to post using your real username in order to have any credibility.
    I'm not "wowsneakmore1" (it would be hilarious if they turn out to be CyberPower or iBuyPower reps), but I do agree with them, and I'm more than happy to post on my account and say so. It seems like an awfully big coincidence that half a dozen people (who have never posted here before) all recently bought computers from this company and randomly stumbled upon this forum post within a few days of each other...

Regardless of if they're all legit or not, the OP's questions/concerns have been answered (and then some), and this thread has basically become a lot of new users posting about their great Ironside experiences. It's turning into an advertisement, which is a subject not allowed on MMOC.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-03-19 at 07:07 PM.

Lol i've been a member and actively lurking since last year. Refer to my posts for proof of my presence and active attempts to win every contest that mmoc has had since my joining.

15+ Year Old Account
    closing.

it's great you've had good experiences, we don't need a twitter status feed of every step of the way during the shipping process

edit: for those wondering, those are all different people as well, not the same person spamming on like 5 different accounts. seems like a great company, but as said above, a play-by-play of your computer status is pretty much just spam

edit 2: since I've received a number of PM's about this, make sure to post your computers in the Post your gaming setup! thread once you receive them and leave a nice little review if you want
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2012-03-19 at 07:53 PM.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right