Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Grenade Engineer

Has anyone seen any in-game footage of an engy using grenades? I'm really excited about this aspect of the profession, but I haven't been able to see it in action yet! Any vids/links would be appreciated!

I haven't been able to find much good footage of the engineer. The only decent ones focused on turrets and the flamethrower. While I can see the appeal of burninating the countryside I dont think any of the vids I saw had more than an hour or two of experience with the class. Seems the majority in the press beta tried to either hit their favorate proff or hit them all evenly and sadly did not produce much good engineer videos.

Who is John Galt?

Well there are still more videos yet to be released. TotalBiscuit said they had over 40 hours of footage or something? He just needs to do a voice over for all of it so they'll probably start rolling out more soon. But yeah the engineer being my favorite profession and having very little coverage is making me a sad panda.
    The Glowing Piece of Radical Rock!

Well the Yogcast did an Engineer Spotlight yesterday, but they basically consist of Lewis playing (badly) and Simon gloating in the background. Anyway here's the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPHuaza6sfY

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Well the Yogcast did an Engineer Spotlight yesterday, but they basically consist of Lewis playing (badly) and Simon gloating in the background. Anyway here's the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPHuaza6sfY
    Kick him in the balls? Are you sure about that? lol I love it.

I'm with you, Aggro. I did happen to stumble across a German?? Player tossing grenades at grass. They all seem to be aoe ground targeted. Since its ground targeted, it makes me want to see them even more in pvp/pve action to see how mobile u can be and the skill level of hitting moving targets.

Edit: Thank you for the reply, Drunken. I was able to watch the vid, but unfortunately no grenade gameplay

Deleted
    On danish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGUuc6kBN1I

But it contains all the grenades Also you get to see every other skill.

(P.S Thanks Mif in an post some days ago for link )

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    On danish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGUuc6kBN1I

But it contains all the grenades Also you get to see every other skill.

(P.S Thanks Mif in an post some days ago for link )
    Sadly i have no idea what they are talking about, it is still the best Engineer video i have seen so far. It shows the wide plethora of abilities and Engineer has and truely shows off the versatile nature.

The Yogscast Engineer wasnt bad, i enjoyed watching it. But they showed but a portion of the Engineer. Just 2 kitts iirc (flamethrower+Bomb), even tough the Engineer has a whooping 5 more. (grenade, elixir gun, mine, toolkitt, First-aid kitt). And they showed only 1 Elite skill and hardly any of the Utility skills. I understand they didnt have a high level Engineer, so they did the best with what they had.
    But it did leave a rather poor impression.

Engineer is going to be the sleeper class that you learn later on how good they really are.

Deleted
    Flametrower! I think we'll see plenty of engineers at the start of the game too.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see 5 engineers in a dungeon chaining flash grenades and smoke bombs. Perpetual blindness FTW!

10+ Year Old Account
    These the 5 Grenade abilities in that video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGUuc6kBN1I&t=7m50s

And these are the abilities that you get- http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grenade_kit
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2012-02-26 at 09:47 PM.

Engineer seems to be the most gimmicky and gives me sort of a childish feel.

Deff not my cup of tea, I'll play Elementalist or Necro
    Hi Sephurik

Engineer looks really quirky to me...especially when it comes to grenades (if Yogscast is any indication of how actual gameplay is). The flamethrower and the pistol+pistol look pretty darn awesome tho.

I dunno...I'm thinking I might roll one first as there might be a lot more to playing one well than we've seen, but if I'm not impressed its off to the Mesmer profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post

We'll see what ol' flamin' Betty has to say about that...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post

Gimmicky? Childish? What the hell are you talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tool Kit makes the equipped weapon a wrench, which the engineer can use to strike foes and support turrets.
    Okay. Now I want one.

The only thing I dislike is that weapon kits appear to be utility skills?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I've seen annoying to far is the Bomb Kit. You just sort of... lay down bombs and hope the enemy runs over-top of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    The only thing I dislike is that weapon kits appear to be utility skills?
    Well, Engineers only actually get 3 weapons. Rifle, pistol(s), and a shield. The rest of their "weapons" are their Kits. But I'm not sure if you can switch to them via the tilde key, or if you have to use your Utility slots.

Maybe Mif or someone can answer that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going off the GW2 wiki, but I'm hoping it's outdated. Maybe I need to find a video showing Engi stuff.

Edit: Oh, found the Yogscast one. I don't know... I give up utility to get access to an extra weapon? O_o
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-02-27 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    The only thing I've seen annoying to far is the Bomb Kit. You just sort of... lay down bombs and hope the enemy runs over-top of them.
    The bomb kit is more intended for melee really or kiting. Depending on the one you use they have different timers for when they'll go off. Remember you can switch between these and the Engineer's weapon set quickly.

Well, Engineers only actually get 3 weapons. Rifle, pistol(s), and a shield. The rest of their "weapons" are their Kits. But I'm not sure if you can switch to them via the tilde key, or if you have to use your Utility slots.

Maybe Mif or someone can answer that one.
    Engineers can use rifle or dual pistols or pistol/shield. On top of that you get Bomb Satchel, Grenade Satchel, Flamethrower kit, Mine kit, Med kit, Elixir gun and Tool kit. You choose these with your utility skills. Depending on what you choose will give you 4 abilities above your main skill bar that are special attacks from F1 to F4. You activate your utility and that switches out your 5 skills with whatever kit/satchel you're choosing.

They have a pretty awesome selection of abilities to have access to for just about any situation. On top of that you have turrets you can throw into the mix as well.