Why do people do this?

So im in tol barad healing and stuff and it doens't go well, we don't manage to cap the towers in time and we are getting roflstomped by a overpopuladed alli side when these people start harrasing everyone in the raid chat (noobs) (retards) so i ask them why they do this? and they reply often '' im sick of scrubnubs'' this is when i suspect them to be 12 year old kid who are insecure about them self or something but when they reply ''last time checked i was 37''

So why are people doing this? is it cool to be a asshole over the web? i know kids can do this but when grownups do this to something dies inside me...
    Personally i think the internett should not be anonymus, like wow,youtube, forums ofc like health forums and stuff when people would like to be anonymus you should but not where its so easy to bash people..

English is not my mother tongue btw^^
    Last edited by creepyfacebookguy; 2012-02-26 at 07:32 PM.

Its the interwebz, you just joined?

Deleted
    It's mostly adults that do it, adolescents less so.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the off topic section.

If this is your first time encountering behavior like this on the internet, then consider yourself lucky.

There is more power you hold while sitting behind a computer as opposed to standing face to face with someone. Thus if you were state a death threat or something you could in some cases get away with it completely. Try that in a face to face situation and you got something else on your hands not to mention how much more balls it takes to actually say something like that to someones' face rather than their avatar online.

Imo, The people doing it are the ones who suck anyway. If there to busy bitching and moaning instead of giving helpful feedback then its there fault TB was lost. They need to grow a set and grow the hell up, Its people like that who ruined WoW for me and made me quit. All these "eliteist" who think there 1000000x better then everyone else. No your not, Your human like everyone else, you are no better or worse just be nice to people and enjoy the dam game. If there is to many "scrubs" in your tol barad then erm.. Dont go? But ofc.. you will because you like to QQ at everyone because you got no one IRL to speak to... (This aint directed at your OP :P, Just my litte rant at all QQs)

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Imo, The people doing it are the ones who suck anyway. If there to busy bitching and moaning instead of giving helpful feedback then its there fault TB was lost. They need to grow a set and grow the hell up, Its people like that who ruined WoW for me and made me quit. All these "eliteist" who think there 1000000x better then everyone else. No your not, Your human like everyone else, you are no better or worse just be nice to people and enjoy the dam game. If there is to many "scrubs" in your tol barad then erm.. Dont go? But ofc.. you will because you like to QQ at everyone because you got no one IRL to speak to... (This aint directed at your OP :P, Just my litte rant at all QQs)
    Yeah one of them bashers had this awesome backpeddling ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called the GIFT.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

people invest too much of their pride into winning a tol brad match. Then they lose and feel hurt, so they lash out in anger at the only thing they can : their raid members. It's a common mind behavior that happens in real life too, sometimes.

People want to win so badly, they want the pleasure, gratification from winning, they take it too seriously and then when they lose, they get angry. Some people feel their time has been taken and used up, so they get angry.

Thats why i don't PvP. The grinding of loss matchs makes me angry, so to prevent my self from suffering, i avoid PvP when i can.

When someone feel they can do whatever they want with absolutely no consequence in reputation, that's the kind of entity they become.

Deleted
    You must be new to Tol Barad...

OT: They are a bunch of pre-pubescent adolescents who make up words like scrubs because they can't account their own skills and thus blame others

10+ Year Old Account

That is the primary reason. They can do it, so they will do it.

Like someone else said, more often than not it's the adults that are the ones being immature. I'm sure there are different reasons why they do it, but I think generally because they have the internets to protect them, so they feel secure enough to be annoying little jackasses; I've found this to be true in games other than WoW as well.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    Because an adult uses the word scrubnubs...

These people are asking to be trolled hard.

It was a kid lying about his age.
    If you are an adult, and you talk like that...

You need to reevaluate your life.
    There are a ton of adults that need to reevaluate their lives then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny to think about someone ragin' on their wee computer chair about losing, but when they win their face would be completely expressionless :P

10+ Year Old Account
    "When accusations fly, keep your peace, focus on the accuser, fasten on his words. What he charges will be a guess as to the contents of your mind, a dead certainty as the contents of his own."
    -Brooke McEldowney
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    It's called the GIFT.
    Totally giggling.... I haven't seen that before, but its funny as....
    Some things in life should be taken with a pinch of salt......

A shot of tequila.... and a wedge of lime....

Deleted
    A mix of frustration and internet anonymity. It's mindbogglingly odd and extremely annoying that people still can't grasp the concept of moving in a circle.

I can't in all honesty say that I, at age 30, haven't raged a few times on the raid chat. Though, I don't believe I've used the word Scrubnub. I'll try it next time..