Page 24 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Finally crawled out from the cave and pre-purchased the Guild Wars 2 Collector's Edition <3

- and here is a picture of the Guardian icon to stay on topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is kind of an old subject, but it came across my mind recently. People were concerned about the radiance nerf and how guardians won't be able to do a lot of damage etc etc. But I was wondering if maybe guardians were doing too much damage during the beta and that the nerf was really needed? That's at least what I want to believe. We'll have to see next beta release. The trait trees still need some work with synergy imo. Dunno why in the name of fuck they would put prowess in valor.

I just wish the 4th part of "A Guardian's Tale" would come out already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, according to the tool tips of gw2tools, the hammer of wisdom is the only weapon that has a duration... I wonder if it's true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Also, according to the tool tips of gw2tools, the hammer of wisdom is the only weapon that has a duration... I wonder if it's true?
    Tooltip is likely just not updated. Having permanent Spirit Weapons would be overpowered in a sense.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Tooltip is likely just not updated. Having permanent Spirit Weapons would be overpowered in a sense.
    Well, it's all about how much damage it does, and so. I think it would be cool if you could have permanent Spirit Weapons, doing some extra damage, maybe have an unique ability to them, like Ranger pets but not -that- strong, and maybe not that customizable.

Though I do no wish for Guardian becoming a pet profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Well, it's all about how much damage it does, and so. I think it would be cool if you could have permanent Spirit Weapons, doing some extra damage, maybe have an unique ability to them, like Ranger pets but not -that- strong, and maybe not that customizable.

IIRC the spirit weapons have health bars and are targetable. I would assume they have low health and *can* be semi-permanent due to the trait to make them not disappear after active use.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    IIRC the spirit weapons have health bars and are targetable. I would assume they have low health and *can* be semi-permanent due to the trait to make them not disappear after active use.
    The wiki says they can't be attacked by enemies, but I was pretty sure I saw one at half health and then be killed. It wouldn't be the first time the wiki is wrong, but I guess I could have seen it wrong too, idk...Less than a week or 2 before I can try it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    They still can run out of time. There's even a trait that increases the duration of Spirit Weapons.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post

They wouldn't have a trait to increase the duration and reduce the recharge, if they were permanent.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    They still can run out of time. There's even a trait that increases the duration of Spirit Weapons.
    True, but they are on short CDs. The sword, for example, is only a 30 second CD while the hammer is a 45. I'm not saying there won't be downtime but if you take the trait to not have the sword disappear when you use its active ability, you may have a near permanent pet. No idea what the timers are, though, so I could just be making this up.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but they are on short CDs. The sword, for example, is only a 30 second CD while the hammer is a 45. I'm not saying there won't be downtime but if you take the trait to not have the sword disappear when you use its active ability, you may have a near permanent pet. No idea what the timers are, though, so I could just be making this up.
    Hammer untraited lasts for 15 seconds. With traits, it can last for 30 seconds and have a 36 second CD. I posted about this earlier in the thread, and it seems to have been ignored.

If all the weapons have 33% for their standard duration, then the sword would be at 10 seconds, traitable to 20 seconds with a 24 second CD.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Hammer untraited lasts for 15 seconds. With traits, it can last for 30 seconds and have a 36 second CD. I posted about this earlier in the thread, and it seems to have been ignored.

If all the weapons have 33% for their standard duration, then the sword would be at 10 seconds, traitable to 20 seconds with a 24 second CD.
    I apologize, I must have missed it or forgotten. Good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really thought about how powerful the trait that prevents spirit weapons from being destroyed was....

Until I realized the hammer knock-down is only on a 5-second CD. I won't be surprised if that gets nerfed somehow.

The bow as well. It's like having a 6th player to support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh, I still think the trait trees have the synergy of ass. Nothing plays well off of each other. I also feel like there are way too many different spirit weapon traits and that prowess needs to be moved. And wtf is two handed mastery doing in honor?!

Trait lines make sense to me for the most part. Guardian rarely give up defense or support for offense. Many offensive majors are tied to defensive lines or vice versa. Keeps 'em "support-y" & "tank-y".

Very appealing for me as I enjoy defensive classes but hated that meant I couldn't kill a damn thing as a tank. /sour grapes :L

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Trait lines make sense to me for the most part. Guardian rarely give up defense or support for offense. Many offensive majors are tied to defensive lines or vice versa. Keeps 'em "support-y" & "tank-y".

Very appealing for me as I enjoy defensive classes but hated that meant I couldn't kill a damn thing as a tank. /sour grapes :L
    I like the stat allocations on the trait lines very much. They really show how a Guardian must maintain a balance of offense and defense. I find that I'm often not a fan of the traits themselves, though.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Hmm. I like them. :/

Admittedly a bit of wish fulfillment for me though. I just gravitate toward defensive classes, even more so when a defensive class has robust options. I am mostly pleased with the way Guardians work. Nothing more to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Bleh, I still think the trait trees have the synergy of ass. Nothing plays well off of each other. I also feel like there are way too many different spirit weapon traits and that prowess needs to be moved. And wtf is two handed mastery doing in honor?!
    Does the staff count as two-handed? :O!

Since the trait affects all two-handers, this allows for Staff Guardians to still grab a Hammer or Greatsword as a secondary weapon, with traits benefiting both. Or vice versa.
    By comparison, there is a 1-handed trait that affects mace, sword, and scepter all together.

Greatsword Mastery and Zealous Blade are both in the Zeal trait, but there don't seem to be any specifically suited to the Hammer.

So letsee... Honor has healing, and health increase for attributes. Plenty of the traits in there benefit both defense and support. O_o
    There's also Vengeful Warding, which works for the Hammer 5 skill. Write of the Merciful will activate from the Hammer's third Chain attack. Writ of Exaltation and Writ of Persistence will both affect it, as well.

There's even a trait that causes the passive rejuvenation from Virtue of Resolve to affect allies... thus your healing stat benefits...

I honestly don't see the problem!
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-16 at 09:44 PM.