Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post

There is a LOT of condition removal, though, I will admit - I think Mesmers are going to hate Guardians.
    Depends on what build they are using, I've messed around with some of their builds & I must say the rate they can throw random conditions up is scarey.

For builds like that your best bet would be to go as offensive as possible to kill them fast, then clear your conditions ASAP before they kill you.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    Depends on what build they are using, I've messed around with some of their builds & I must say the rate they can throw random conditions up is scarey.

For builds like that your best bet would be to go as offensive as possible to kill them fast, then clear your conditions ASAP before they kill you.
    Off topic -- you sir, win the best avatar of the year.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    I think have made up my mind. I AM GOING TO BE A GUARDIAN! I will defend the glory of humanity AND METE OUT JUSTICE THROUGHOUT THE LAND AND... and... /snooore. Will probably be greatsword/staff.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-03-10 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I think have made up my mind. I AM GOING TO BE A GUARDIAN! I will defend the glory of humanity AND METE OUT JUSTICE THROUGHOUT THE LAND AND... and... /snooore. Will probably be greatsword/staff.
    http://clean.alltheragefaces.com/img...ie-mercury.jpg

Success.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Off topic -- you sir, win the best avatar of the year.
    Thank you, a friend got me the shirt a couple months ago after I broke up with my girl friend.

He said he thought I could use a gift to celebrate the freedom I now had, then took me out for a night of bar & strip club touring which led to me sleeping off the alcohol poisoning for the next couple days.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone think of a title they might add to their character names? something that kind of acts as a title itself?

Crusader probably would be a good one, but there are few ones that i can think of that are righteous oriented titles given to a knight.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Destroyer of Bookahs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Anyone think of a title they might add to their character names? something that kind of acts as a title itself?

Crusader probably would be a good one, but there are few ones that i can think of that are righteous oriented titles given to a knight.
    The Bold, The Steadfast, Slayer of Evil, Truthseeker, The Merciful, The Indomitable, Bane of Asuras, Justice of the People, Zealot, Exemplar, and The Hand of Vengeance are a few I could think up.

The Bold, The Steadfast, Slayer of Evil, Truthseeker, The Merciful, The Indomitable, Bane of Asuras, Justice of the People, Zealot, Exemplar, and The Hand of Vengeance are a few I could think up.
    I am not going to lie... my favorite title of all time was a title in World of Warcraft called "[Your Name] The Patient" - It was really easy to get and therefore somewhat repetitious to see on people - but I love how it rings with any class that is holy (plus it rings with me on a personal level). The other title I loved "[Your Name] The Explorer"

10+ Year Old Account
    Bane of Asuras.
    Ahem...

No sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bane of Asuras.
    Aww why would you want to hurt them ?

As a side note however given the fact I'll be playing a norn Guardian & Norn are huge I would love the ability to pick up my assuran allies to let them ride around on my shoulders like master blaster from the Mad Max movies

It would also be funny as hell if I could toss him/her like a living missile onto my enemies where he can hold on their back & rip their hair out

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww why would you want to hurt them? It would also be funny as hell if I could toss him/her like a living missile onto my enemies where he can hold on their back & rip their hair out
    Better question is why wouldn't I? Also, I suggest stuffing the asura will explosives before throwing it.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 09:09 PM ----------

Now I need to create a background story for my guardian, SHOULD BE FUN.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you who were not sure just how in depth the gear customization go I just thought I would provide these links.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Runes

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Jewels

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Crests

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Marks

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Talismans

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Sigils

The first 5 apply to different types of gear, sigils apply to weapons.

When combined with the variety of traits & builds they should have an insane amount of customization, & allow you to make up for stats you wouldn't get because you had to have a particular talent or trait.

Edit

They also stated that the stats on your gear can be completely allocated & changed to whatever you want (similar to reforging).
    Last edited by zcks; 2012-03-13 at 02:58 AM.

Edit

They also stated that the stats on your gear can be completely allocated & changed to whatever you want (similar to reforging).
    I haven't seen that anywhere. Can you link a source?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure what they've said is that you can transfer the stats from one piece of gear to another. Sorta like transmog.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I'm pretty sure what they've said is that you can transfer the stats from one piece of gear to another. Sorta like transmog.
    Ya they said that a few years ago.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sodapopinski View Post
    I haven't seen that anywhere. Can you link a source?
    Ive been looking for it but I can't find it.

I remember hearing it about 3 years ago so it could have changed by now.

Even so it shouldn't be a problem, from the looks of things they have tons upon tons of different types of gear for just about any type of build you could think of.
    Last edited by zcks; 2012-03-13 at 03:54 AM.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/8/...udgment%29.jpg

I just found that picture and then realized it even reflects how many spirit weapons you can have summoned at once. 3 spots for utilities, 3 spirit weapons. I was wondering where the bow was and realized that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post

I just found that picture and then realized it even reflects how many spirit weapons you can have summoned at once. 3 spots for utilities, 3 spirit weapons. I was wondering where the bow was and realized that.
    Well spotted, I'm definitely*gonna rock that setup for leveling pve. Maybe even for PVP with Hammer. Summon weapons -> Create Ring of Warding, no escape get smashed :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandrea View Post
    I am not going to lie... my favorite title of all time was a title in World of Warcraft called "[Your Name] The Patient" - It was really easy to get and therefore somewhat repetitious to see on people - but I love how it rings with any class that is holy (plus it rings with me on a personal level). The other title I loved "[Your Name] The Explorer"
    I agree that it fits the paladin persona, but I never used it because it would be a blatant lie. I am many things, but patient is not one of them. As for my GW2 guardian if I do make up my own title it won't be "paladin-ish". It will be more angry and wrathful sounding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post

Currently the spirit bow doesn't do damage from what I have heard. It removes conditions periodically on you and all allies within range & can be commanded to grant regeneration to you and all allies within range. Currently the Cd is 60 seconds, duration & command Cd are unknown however.

As for the other spirit weapons

The hammer just smashes stuff & has a 15 second duration & 45 second CD, then can be commanded to knock down an enemy with a Cd of 5 seconds on the command. (currently it's the most finished & polished)

The sword attacks stuff, then can be commanded to do an AOE at target location. The duration, and command Cd are unknown but the overall CD is 30 seconds.

The shield is the least known currently & can be commanded to knock enemies back. Again the duration, CD & command Cd are unknown.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dunghoof View Post
    Well spotted, I'm definitely*gonna rock that setup for leveling pve. Maybe even for PVP with Hammer. Summon weapons -> Create Ring of Warding, no escape get smashed :P
    That set up will be able to blow CD's and just destroy nearly anything.

The downside is that the spirit weapons duration is shorter then their CD. This means even when you take traits you will have at least some time where they wont be up.

This problem can be lessened by taking some traits but there will always be times when they won't be up.

Overall though if you manage your other abilities right this build could be quite powerful, assuming the AI & response time of the spirit weapons is good.
    Last edited by zcks; 2012-03-14 at 12:49 AM.