Quote Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
    Searing Flame (Radiance V) and Sigil of Nullification

RNG removal of boons is a sucky thing. Sigil of Nullification might be okay with its 10 sec inner cd. But still.. You can't really aim it and that makes it useless for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Now our lowest cd on that weapon is 10 sec... 8 if traited... which is really boring. All I am doing now is autoattacking waiting for the Whirl skill to come back up. Boring boring boring.
    Then use your weapon swap.. I swap between GS and Scepter/Focus all the time which is far from boring.

And the nerf was definitely needed. I agree an increased cooldown sucks, I would have preferred a simple -% dmg done or something, but it was still needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Then use your weapon swap.. I swap between GS and Scepter/Focus all the time which is far from boring.

And the nerf was definitely needed. I agree an increased cooldown sucks, I would have preferred a simple -% dmg done or something, but it was still needed.
    It really wasn't needed. And the nerf could have been handled WAY better. Like removing the retal from the skill and leaving the rest of it as is. Or changing the retal to a different boon. Or a million other things. But instead they nerfed GS and symbols builds into the ground with it and pretty much left retal untouched. Guardians can still keep up infinite retal even with the nerf so Anet DID NOT in fact do what they said they intended to do. All they accomplished was to make greatsword boring and an autoattack weapon.

And don't say the nerf was needed for PvP. The only people it really affected was the baddies who were stupid enough to keep melting their own faces on the guardian and stupid enough to not move out of the symbol. Anyone with half a shred of common sense knew what to do when they saw a guardian slam down a symbol and retal come up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post

Greatsword didn't need a damage nerf and if it was damage they wanted to nerf, they could have just adjusted the base damage or someting.
    The nerf was done because of Retaliation and could have easily been solved differently. By changing the boon the Symbol gave, or the boon a leap finisher and a light-field gave.
    And the weapon is boring. Boring weapons aren't good. With how the Greatsword plays now, you're constantly waiting for things to come of cooldown, which no other weapon really ahs.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Greatsword feels in an odd place atm, definately the only thing to look out for when facing a greatsword guard is dodging whirlwind. I'm finding hammer a much much better option since patch changes, I think I did anyway but at least before greatsword had it's place

Yeah Greatsword feels like you are only auto-attacking at the moment, but I like my weapon so I can't change it for anything lol! And I never liked Hammer it just feels really weird and kind of boring to me

Deleted
    I'm a PvE player, and I have been going with Greatsword and Sword & Shield weapon swap for some time now. I really like to have a shield, but the Shield of Absorption skill feels rather useless, and the heal you can trigger with is weak. :/

I'm still hoping they compensate us for the GS nerf with something more than the paltry 10% increase in damage they gave back to SoW. I loved my GS symbol build way to much just to have to abandon it because of some idiotic short sidedness on Anet's part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    I'm a PvE player, and I have been going with Greatsword and Sword & Shield weapon swap for some time now. I really like to have a shield, but the Shield of Absorption skill feels rather useless, and the heal you can trigger with is weak. :/
    The Shield only truly shines in PvP.
    I still use it in PvE, though. The knockback is invaluable in groups it can also serve as a combo field.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

After days and nights playing I suggest the below build as a ‘build for all occasions’ of sorts:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQ...uskZtCZExpgXBA

PLEASE NOTE: The above build is Tournament and if you wanted WvW just change the utilities for more Swiftness and feel free to change the weapons.

The traits should be pretty much workable in ALL PARTS of the game. It is a bunker build that can hurt…a lot.

I frequently change out the hammer and utilities as I go!
    Last edited by Cempa; 2012-11-07 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How useful is Empowering Might with 12% crit? Because I doubt it would be that useful.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

WvW stats:

Power: 1801
    Crit: 44%
    Crit dmg: 30%
    Toughness: 2199
    HP: 15,915

Traits and utilities as well as weapon depend on what you want to do...Use staff, scepter or sword all works.

Deleted
    List for the Guardian patch fixes and changes.

• Protector’s Strike: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to be cancelled and retain the blocking benefits.
    • Shield of Judgment: This skill’s protection duration has been set to 3 seconds from 5 seconds in PvP only.
    • Courageous Return: This trait now uses the correct icon.
    • Power of the Virtuous: This trait now uses the correct icon.
    • Orb of Light: This skill’s velocity has been increased by 50%.
    • Empower: This skill’s might duration increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
    • Selfless Daring: This trait had an efficiency with healing power that was reserved for healing skills only and has now been reduced to its intended level. Heal scaling has been reduced by 50% in PvP only.
    • Merciful Intervention: This skill has been updated to be instant when traited and will now always be based around the guardian.

Nothing that special.

Scepter still untouched sadly but oh well I can live with it..

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Scepter still untouched sadly but oh well I can live with it..
    Isn't that Orb of Light?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Isn't that Orb of Light?
    Staff #2 skill.

Deleted
    Started playing my Guardian again (due to engineer nerfs) in RvR and boy do I love it! The damage I can shook off is amazing

Be-sieged build:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUMQJAW...JSymkLJZSrIGYA

Zeal 20 pts: The reason I put points in zeal is merely for more symbol damage. The burning damage, combined with aegis is great too. I could've gone 30 pts in Valor... or 10 more pts in Virtue.. instead though.

Honor 30pts: Also the reason why I set my points in honor - is for more symbol focus, so the points make up for each other.

Virtue 20 pts: Their isn't much too say; at least 5 or 10 pts in this trait-line is a must. Could've gone 30 pts in Virtue as well. Taking Shielded Mind or Permeating Wrath. Consceration focus due to them being awesome during tower defending.

Choosing Hammer&Staff over Greatsword or Mace/Scepter&focus/shield here simply due to the CC of Ring of Warding and the 13 sec Immobolize CC. Ring of Warding is so awesome to put down between the gate and the entrance to a tower - watching the lemmings keep running... so satisfactory.. or Line of Warding between the entrance and wall watching the gate... hard to explain..

- A nice little treat, you can even put Line of Warding when you run to the gate and then target the opposite ground, people can't run away from rams or move back after they repaired or keeping them off repairing if they so desire.

Rotation: Set up Sanctuary before they run in... then Line of Warding when Sanctuary is going down, after that Ring of Warding if - by then I ran back to the stairs to set up Ring of Warding and Wall of Reflection because now the attackers are panic-ing or being demolished by the siege we've made :P - if they havn't any stability on. It usually works, and its so satisfactory. Usually I activate Virtue of Justice, then Save Yourselves and use Empower before I charge in with my Hammer to get stacked up with might and boons.

Tome of Wrath during tower defending then if I can I switch to Renewed Focus or keep Tome of Wrath for AoE damage and KB. Number 2 skill is great for CC and the no. 4 is dahm awesome put set up if they managed to get to the Lord room... or are we are battling at the stairs or courtyard.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________

Roamer / dps - same build - different trait and utilities - and I usually switch between my Greatsword and Hammer during roaming as i'm not sure what to pick -.-
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUMQJAS...JSymkLJZSrIGWA
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Gear&stats - runes&sigils

It's basicly due to personal preferences and you might not agree with my choices :P

Armour - Power, toughness, vitality - works awesome with lv 80 maintence oil ^^
    Runes - Superior of the Pack or Soldier - cause the stats gained are simply awesome :P and the Might on chance is co-oping well with the 25th minor trait in Virtues. Soldier for the extra shout removal.
    Weapons - Beserker - I simply like big numbers :P and every possible crit dmg I can get outside of jewels.
    Back - Power, tough, vita - if you can get your hands on the Ascended one :P the stats are just out of the roof...
    Trinkets - Emerald - again personal preference.
    Accessorries jewels - Beryl ones.
    Sigils: Personal preference - Well simply to get more precision as I have none and want bloodsplatter on my screen :P - the other should be random and simply what you prefer. Or theorycrafted.

I have 1990 Power. 3101 Attack.
    350 healing.
    Lacklusting Toughness & Vitality. 1451 - 1433.
    15, 795 Health on hero tab. 17, 093 - Health on red-glob thingy.
    1559 Precison. 20 Crit damage.
    32% Crit chance - with no accuracy stacks.

Tried a 10 - 0 - 0 - 30 - 30 spec tonight, with same stats except staff is with perception sigil and hammer flame blast one. Superior of course.

The spec - http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fUMQ...I4xyjzLpRrIGYA

Probably the best spec I've played yet :P you could swtich a few traits around - Absolute Resulotion instead of Supreme Justice - for more support and condition sooking combined with Renewed Focus <3 - or swap Retaliatory Subconscious with Master of Consecrations. And Signet of Judgment wih Wall of Reflection or Hallowed Ground... You could also focus in the Virtue of Courage for a stun-breaker and stability boon.

5k crit with Mighty Blow, Staff auto-attack 1k-1,3k - burn burn burn.

Yes, I am trying to stay away from Altruistic Healing trait.
    Last edited by mmoca41f9fd4de; 2012-12-07 at 05:21 AM.

Deleted
    Any of you guys going for the legendary weapons?
    It's a long way if you want sword and shield.

Deleted
    ^ Just resently bought the quicksilver and metal gifts for Juggernaut, got some of the other gifts needed ;p - for any legendary ^^

I'm going for Sunrise but it will take me some time with the recent nerfs to the drop rates ectos are kind of a pain to get..