Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hey there people of the internet.
    I'm looking for some constructive criticism regarding the build I'm using: Clicky clicky

Main focus: Dungeons

My aim is to be a bit 'tanky', keeping my party out of harm's way (block, blind) while maintaining protection and regeneration on them. Scepter+Focus is my secondary weapon combo for the occasional ranged damage and the Focus 5 lifesaver.
    My gear is mostly Power/Toughness/Vitality.

Any ideas for improvement? :3

I would switch the Mace of Justice trait to Honorable Shield.

Also Inscribed Removal is a bit of a wasted trait since you only have one signet which already removes conditions as its passive effect in addition to the condition removal trait that you have elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Hey there people of the internet.
    I'm looking for some constructive criticism regarding the build I'm using: Clicky clicky

Main focus: Dungeons

My aim is to be a bit 'tanky', keeping my party out of harm's way (block, blind) while maintaining protection and regeneration on them. Scepter+Focus is my secondary weapon combo for the occasional ranged damage and the Focus 5 lifesaver.
    My gear is mostly Power/Toughness/Vitality.

Any ideas for improvement? :3
    I have guardian at 80 but don't play it, have been meaning to get it started running AC/COF (use my warrior currently but would like to double my dailys). This build seems great, I would love to have someone like this in my party. So I will try it out and maybe tweak it out a bit if need be.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-12-26 at 10:59 AM.

I'd switch your main hands on the weaponsets you're running since they seem to be a bit weird to me.
    Mace/Focus and Scepter/Shield seem to work together a bit better since mace/focus helps you tank while scepter/shield helps keep your team from harm. While in your current weaponsetup you'll be doing a bit of both on both weaponsets.

I would also change Hold the line or Retreat to save yourselves for additional condi removal (if need be) + more buffs. Personally I don't like meditations so that would be the one I switchout, especially since the burning isn't all that stellar since you'll be burning people 24/7 regardless.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-12-26 at 08:37 PM.

Gearing up my Guardian in exotics, I've found Berserker's armor with Knight's jewelry is absolutely fine for dungeons with warrior (I do need to back off from certain auto attacks and range - like Kholer if there are no other classes giving me regen/taking any hits - but I can spend at least half my time meleeing and doing great dps), would you guys say I can just gear the same way with Guardian?

Yes, without any problems, my brother is running full GC berserker gear.

Deleted
    Looking at either making a dps guardian or support guardian. Anyone got any builds that they'd recommend?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAR...GYE8B;TIAg0CnA
    Full berserker using either scholar runes or ruby orbs

I just switched from being a support mace/shield to greatsword and it would be nice if anyone of you could recommend me a good greatsword build that I could use, mainly for PVE (dungeons, soloing etc) I have no idea what stats to go for as a GS guardian, I guess precision / power stacking only? Or go with toughness and power?

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAR...GYE8B;TIAg0CnA
    Full berserker using either scholar runes or ruby orbs
    You do realize that build doesn't make any sense right? You're much better off taking all those points out of Radiance and putting them in Zeal for a GS build. And you have a major trait that affects torches and then don't even have a torch as an offhand???? And while the Unscathed Contender trait might sound good, you're gonna have Aegis off more than on (especially in dungeons), so the 10% dmg increase for MAYBE 10% of the fight really isn't worth it. That build really needs to be reworked.

You can easily swap out gs for s/torch, it depends on what you're fighting.
    And no zeal isn't an alternative you only "buff" GS damage by 5% in that trait line while you get +10 in radiance...

If you don't like the points in Virtues you can put them in Zeal, however zeal is very lackluster.
    Your remark regarding dungeons is also false, the reason for this is the same as why people don't run confusion mesmers bosses attack way too slow+you can use your "burst" after having just gotten aegis making it a lot more valuable.

Wow, I had to dig for this thread. January, really? O_o

I need something fun, interesting, and effective to do with my guardian. Is there a recommended PvE build? I don't suppose there's anything suggested other than GS? I feel like I want to try something different, but probably not if there's a huge DPS discrepancy between GS and anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Wow, I had to dig for this thread. January, really? O_o

I need something fun, interesting, and effective to do with my guardian. Is there a recommended PvE build? I don't suppose there's anything suggested other than GS? I feel like I want to try something different, but probably not if there's a huge DPS discrepancy between GS and anything else.
    I have such an urge to go mace + focus just for the feeeeels but I'm not sure what that would achieve other than ruining my damage :/
    Also I can't wrap my head around the shield abilities, they make no sense to me whatsoever.

There's a dps-build out there (for ages) that plays very warrior like. You have 1handed sword + gs and weaponswap for burst. It's the ultimate guardian build with some tweaks.

This is for helping your team out with might.
    This is a pure dps builds

For some reason those builds aren't all that popular and it seems like most people have switch to this which gives condition removal through shouts (you probably remember the conversation between me and that DNT guy regarding why using a guardian for condi removal doesn't seem like the best strat in dungeons but let's not get into that again).
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-08-13 at 11:52 AM.

How are you supposed to play that build? I don't understand the reasoning behind the chosen utilities or using a focus.

Also, my guardian's a Norn so I don't know what heal and elite skill you'd suggest for that. :P

You want to swap between sword and GS, focus is simply added since it gives another blind and thus vulnerability. There isn't a single off-hand for guardians that has higher dps skills than just using your sword so that's why you go with focus.

The "rotation" is (start in gs if possible): F1 (use whenever off CD) > 3 > 4 > 2 > SWAP to SWORD > 2 + 4 (if you need vulnerability, skip if you don't) > 3 > 11111111111111111111 > SWAP WEAPONS WHEN F1 CD is at 7 o clock > REPEAT
    On long fights it's not possible to rely on F1 CD but you basically want to swap to gs every 17ish seconds (between 15 and 20) but swap back to sword ASAP.

Since you're not human (neither is my poor guardian) you can use signet of resolve and renewed focus (but don't touch it unless you got in a situation where you had to use all virtues and can't wait to get them back). Although the cd on signet is long you shouldn't be healing all that much since you have lots of aegis + regen/blocks from focus if needed.

Anyone know of a fun build with the Guardian? One of my goals in the game was to level each profession to level 80 and Guardian is the last one I need. However, for whatever reason I just cannot get into the profession, I've been stuck at level 46 for probably 6 months. I've been using Hammer and Scepter/Torch as my weapons. While I think Hammer #4 is great fun, I find the rest of the weapon's skills pretty dull.

Anyway, anyone have some fun weapon builds that they use for the Guardian?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Anyone know of a fun build with the Guardian? One of my goals in the game was to level each profession to level 80 and Guardian is the last one I need. However, for whatever reason I just cannot get into the profession, I've been stuck at level 46 for probably 6 months. I've been using Hammer and Scepter/Torch as my weapons. While I think Hammer #4 is great fun, I find the rest of the weapon's skills pretty dull.

Anyway, anyone have some fun weapon builds that they use for the Guardian?
    Great sword is by far my favorite but im probably biased since i love swords and i love the heavily armored casting warrior archetype like retribution paladin in wow. While hammer #4 is a really fun skill that makes me yell HOMERUN! every time I use it, I personally found hammer overall too slow for my tastes. Instead of going with the typical Altruistic Healing crit damage build, Im running a weird high risk moderately high reward dps build with GS as the main wep and switch between staff and scepter/torch as secondary weps. I go 20 Zeal 25 Radiance 20 Honor and 5 Virtues with full Berserker armor and accessories, it takes a while to get used to but I find it extremely fun.
    It kinda looks like this http://http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJARWlYgiC33RIEfIFRuAbGAkgVKi39wUgxMC-TIAg0CnA
    I switch traits around when switching from staff to scepter for a range heavy fight like changing Zealous blade to scepter power Signet Mastery to Radiant power and 2-Handed Mastery to Empowering Might.
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2013-10-10 at 01:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

well I'm slowly trudging along, level 61 now

Anyone play around with a spirit weapon build? Just like would to try something a bit different to liven things up. I was thinking something like this

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJAR...n8yHA-TIAg0CnA

That works, the problem is that spirit weapons die rather fast and seem to have no real AI.

I'd change it a bit to be more bursty though, where you rely on blowing all three up at once to deal massive damage when you stacked vulnerability.

The "rotation" would be something like 4>2>F1>3+6+7+8
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAs...n8yHA-TIAg0CnA

You can do something similar with GS and use 3 > F1 > 2+6+7+8 at the cost of some damage.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).