Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

the world lost power. what would you do?

a freak solar storm with just the right qualities hit earth and knocked out all power grids worldwide. you have no TV, no computer, no internet, no light, no kitchen appliances (except for a possible gas stove). it's said it would take at least a year before all power is back to your city at home.

what will you do?

Deleted
    Fight for my life in the ensuing panic. Most of the Western world will go to hell in the year it takes to restore power.

10+ Year Old Account
    billions of people would die, so there would be more space, your own space to create a farm for you & your family. sad but true... without electricity & interwebz the places without its own farms etc are screwed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    a freak solar storm with just the right qualities hit earth and knocked out all power grids worldwide. you have no TV, no computer, no internet, no light, no kitchen appliances (except for a possible gas stove). it's said it would take at least a year before all power is back to your city at home.

what will you do?

Stockpile food (ideally preserved, or stuff like flour), then head for the hills where I can find freshwater. There is not going to be any food, nor running water, nor anything else in cities without power, at first because transports into cities are going to break down, in the second phase because farming and food processing and storage is not going to work for another year.

Basically, there would be mass starvation, everywhere, and if you can't make your own food, you'r screwed.

No Internet is the least of our problems!

10+ Year Old Account
    Would probably cry alot, and go crazy!

Nah, hopefully I would have enough common sense to survive. Getting stuck in a city would be bad, sure there's all kinds of supplies there. But other people that go crazy aswell.
    I would get my ass away from the city asap :P

Deleted
    Steal all the batteries and play my gameboy i have stored in my loft?

Or if i can't... I'd rub vaseline all over my body and pretend that i'm a slug

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm smart enough, I'd be quick to buy lots and lots of diesel and get myself a diesel generator. Horrible for the environment, but I'd need something to power the most important stuff, plus the computer for entertainment. I don't use electricity for heat, so that's alright.

It would be difficult to adapt, just checking my schedule would be difficult due to the lack of internet/phone lines, but as long as I can supply power to my own house, I think I'd be able to cope relatively well.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Deleted
    Shit myself. I cannot picture a world without my pc D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...finally get to put all of my weapons into use.../polishes ol' betsy

Dunno, honestly. I do have quite the toolkit of survival skills, I certainly wouldn't starve. I'd definitely vacate the city as quickly as humanly possible, and let the morons fight for what's left there. I'd head to the woods (I live in Oregon, not like it's far lol) and do what I could to survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Stay where I am, arm myself to the teeth, and live of the land.

Fortify my home with my close neighbors and friends,(Barbed wire, walls, and tripwires.) to avoid any raids / unwanted guests.

Well, my PC would be pretty meh to say the least without the internet so I wouldn't bother firing it up again ^^

Probably head over to my partners grandads farm, stopping to buy supplies on the way. I have hobbies that don't need electricity and the fact that mundane tasks would take a LOT longer without electricity... no-ones going to be bored for sure.

Live in the woods or suicide. Either way would end up with death.

Deleted
    i would probably shut myself in my apartment and cry for days while people outside tear eachother's eyes off when trying to gather as much resources for themselves before its too late. i would later feast on their cold corpses after i've finished up crying for days and eventually hunt weaker lives such as dogs and children, and lure men into my appartment to take their equipment and meat. i would later become so insane that i would hide in an abandoned mine and remain there whispering in the dark until i died of hunger...

or just suicide :>
    Last edited by mmocb5555a9189; 2012-02-26 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cry

a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd play WoW . . . . wait . . . guess I'd play Dragon Age . . . . no . . . guess I'd . . . uh . . . stare at a wall.
    Putin khuliyo

I'd put on my glasses and lab coat and restore power much sooner than a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    If I'm smart enough, I'd be quick to buy lots and lots of diesel and get myself a diesel generator. Horrible for the environment, but I'd need something to power the most important stuff, plus the computer for entertainment. I don't use electricity for heat, so that's alright.

It would be difficult to adapt, just checking my schedule would be difficult due to the lack of internet/phone lines, but as long as I can supply power to my own house, I think I'd be able to cope relatively well.
    Computer/entertainment > Perhaps helping someone?

I hope all of these are joke responses. Die if the electricity went out? Lol. I think it'd be fun. What would I do? Carry on living, just with more free time.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

15+ Year Old Account
    If just the grids went out, we would still have locally generated electricity and battery power? If the solar flare wiped out all electronics then transportation would not work (but it could be fixed in way less than a year)... but to go with the hypothetical scenario, we would have no food transport, so people would be dying as I don't believe we are self-sustaining. Fuel sources would be gone fast as no transport would be bringing in more. We'd have technology but no way to use it, so we'd be going back a few hundred years. Wood = the best available fuel.

Probably just try to sleep as much as I could, and when I got hungry venture outside, to find there is nothing to eat, and die.

Or if I could be bothered, join a group that will fight for superiority in the area so we can make our own society/tribe. I actually kinda hope that happens!
    Last edited by xenaros; 2012-02-27 at 04:49 AM.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I hope all of these are joke responses. Die if the electricity went out? Lol. I think it'd be fun. What would I do? Carry on living, just with more free time.
    I don't think they are serious.

I'd...

I'd... uhm... sleep.