Deleted

[Shadow]How to DW:Madness

Hi,

we want to start on Madness tomorrow and I try to find some tricks and advices for this encounter.
    First: I reforged everything in haste and have no DI or legendary. Our Raidlead wants to make this encouter with only one tank getting me the second impale. I think that shouldnt be a problem, but on the last platform (right) it is a bit tricky because I have to get the impact and the impale with only one dispersion. Does anyone have any experience in doing that?

The other thing: I read about spellweave and pushing the Singletarget DPS with multidotting the blood. Could anyone explain how to do that?

Sorry for my bad english.

Multidot the corruption and the wing tentacles. 1 tank is fine, Dispersing for an impale isn't that hot of an idea since Priests can't taunt. If you're 1 tanking you should have the DPS to kill the corruption before the 2nd impale. AE with Mind Sear, Mind Spike on Blisters and Bolts, use CDs. If you want to really pad the meters, you can dot up the arm tentacle on the next platform over, but that's not really necessary, and you have to be careful not to make it go to 75% too early.

Quote Originally Posted by nsj View Post
    I think that shouldnt be a problem, but on the last platform (right) it is a bit tricky because I have to get the impact and the impale with only one dispersion. Does anyone have any experience in doing that?
    It is possible to do impales as Spriest and 1 tank this. First 3 platforms are really easy. Ask your tank to stand in max range of tentacle hit box and you position yourself behind him to the side. This will prevent you from taking any melee attacks from the tentacles. Which we had issues with when started. Also make sure all melee/healers/tank runs out and be further than you are so you will be the only one marked for impale. 1st impale will go to the Aspect (dragon). Second one should go on you so be prepared to disperse.

Last platform is very tricky and there are few things you can do. We used a hunter on it to take RNG out of the fight since he can deterence bolt and FD on impale and saves healers mana. If you don't have such luxury have the whole raid move to the claw of the boss as far as possible and you be the closest to tentacle. Do not disperse until get marked for impale. Issue with this is bolt damage needs to be healed through however since you are with raid and using some type of raid CD you should be fine. Sometimes tentacle doesnt target aspect and goes for closest target and its nicely lines up with bolt at times it doesnt do that thus the difficulty of the execution on spriest part.

The other thing: I read about spellweave and pushing the Singletarget DPS with multidotting the blood. Could anyone explain how to do that?
    Spellweave is a bonus damage you gain from hitting primary target and hits everything, but main damage target, around it in 6 yards radius. Think of it as bonus old school Mind Sear that would never damage main kill target only targets around it. Ideally you want to dot up bloods with VT or SWP as they are being tanked by tentacle. Some will say ohh padding meters but on contrary you are putting damage on tentacle indirectly plus procing shadow orbs. Mind Sear also procs Spellweave. On platform 1-4 you want to run VT or SWP on bloods until tentacle is up and Mind Sear after when 2nd parasite spawns to destroy bloods faster. On 5th (head) phase just Mind Sear of the melee dps that has best reaction time to get to them before they spawn and pre-cast.
    Last edited by Fantacy; 2012-02-27 at 08:09 PM.

Deleted
    just make sure the tank and everyone else moves away from the corruption and youre the only one in range and you should take it, leave the disperse on 4th platform rught until the last split second before the bolt hits or it wont carry through to 2nd impale

Deleted
    From my experience, have both DBM and Bigwigs. Bigwigs has an excellent timer for the 4th platforms bolt impact - you can't fail. Dbm does an overall better job on the fight though imo.
    As mentioned above, multidot arm+corruption and find a way to get maximum uptime on cooldowns during cataclysm/4th parasite. Only things that matter.

The spellweave works like this:
    Your spells have a chance to proc spellweave on the target, causing 20000 damage to every other target in a 6 yard range but the target it procs on. So if the blood is tanked next to the corruption, throw some SW: P's and you will see a slight singletarget dps increase.

Also just some overall information...
    The 3rd platform is bugged, don't dps it below 90% before the corruption spawns. 80% of the times you do that you will cause the arm to go to 100 stacks and instawipe the raid. If its 10 man, make sure you have some nice aoe and great slows for the congealing blood in p2 - you should find a mind sear target IMO, other says its better to use holy nova glyphed, I didnt like that. Also, have fun falling down between the platforms its the hardest mechanic.

- Aryz

Deleted
    For the 4th platform instead of dispersing for the bolt and the impale we found it easier (and more time for me to to some damage to the corruption / bolt) if you stack with the raid but stand closest to the corruption (stood just in range of raid cooldowns like barrier or spirit link). This means you can do some damage to the bolt and have dispersion on purely for the impale. This was because we found occasionally if the tank moved out at a slightly awkward time the impale aspect caused the timer to alter slightly and now and then it put the impale a little too far after the bolt, though this was a rare thing. Not sure if many other people had problems with this.

I believe our raid leader recorded our kill so hopefully I can get a video to you soon if you wish to see it in action on the 4th platform.

As for spellweave on the bloods, if you have the time before the parasite spawns and after the corruption dies you can throw dots onto some bloods, but once your tank moves them onto the parasite location (if this is how you are handling them) you want to be using Mind Sear and just let your pre dots run their course.

Thanks,
    McD

(Edited to add the spellweave paragraph)
    Last edited by mmoc966b2b2419; 2012-02-27 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    IMO, dotting the bloods is meter padding, except on fourth platform. Doing it with one tank means Corruption dies pretty much when blood spawn and parasite and bloods dies in ~3 seconds.

Also, I would save my AA and SF for the blistering tentacules. Would lose a little dps delaying them, but it helps healers a lot to burst them.
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2012-02-27 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you all for your advices. I'll try everything tonight and tell how it was.

McD, it would be very very helpfull, if you could link yor Vid, when its online.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    Also, I would save my AA and SF for the blistering tentacules. Would lose a little dps delaying them, but it helps healers a lot to burst them.
    Think this part is very dependent on the grp, if you can kill the corruption before the 2nd impale then yes this is most likely the best idea for acctualy kill in the boss, if not use it on the corruption (with 3 healers the blistering should be quite easy to heal through if you stack and aoe heal).

Deleted
    McD, it would be very very helpfull, if you could link yor Vid, when its online.
    Will do. We only got our first kill last night so I believe he is still editing and uploading.

Also, as another note with what people are saying about SF and AA on the 4th platform:
    I was able to use AA and my SF around the first parasite with BL up and have them come off cooldown for the 2nd set of blisterings. Our DPS was not enough to kill the corruption before the 2nd impale, so if your group is doing that it may best as people say to save them. Experiment in tries and find what works best!

Deleted
    I was under the impression OP did it with 1 tank/2 healers. In that case, killing blistering tentacules and having arm tentacule from 90% to 0 fast is important for healers's mana.

As others have said, it's easiest if you take 1 tank, and aim to have the tentacle down before the 2nd impale. This means it dies just as the bolt spawns. No need for dispersion, just have the tank take the first, and nuke the tentacle down asap. Don't bother multidotting or you'll lose dps on the main add if you're not careful (every little bit counts!). Then Mind blast=> mind spike the bolt as it appears. This trivialises the first 3 platforms.

On the 4th platform you won't have time kill the tentacle before the bolt, so have a holy priest stick guardian spirit on the tank, or have a lock SS him. You can use dispersion for when the bolt lands, but be quick at removing it and nuke the bolt FAST. Don't forget to single target the little adds down, as they WILL wipe you otherwise.

Deleted
    removed

10chars

Deleted
    Apparently our video is missing most of our 4th platform (I think our raid leader said he had some problems with his frapsing) and as such the part you may be interested in is not available. If you still want to see it I can pass on the link. I tried to PM this to you but I am short of the 10 posts to send a PM.

Deleted
    Whould like to see the video anyway. I think you can just post the link here replacing the dot with [dot] or something like that.

We tried a bit but we dont even reach the 4th platform. We are doing it now with 2 Tanks. Our prot paladin couldnt solotank it. here are the logs of yesterday http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-59...ses&boss=56173 is there anything i can make better? and is my dmg ok for my gear? I dont have DI or Legendary http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...Qoolu/advanced
    Last edited by mmocaa34716105; 2012-02-28 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    Here's the video:

www dt youtube dt com/watch?v=lx17dKiK6TI&feature=youtu dt be

Alternatively search the user GrogarSSL as he is the uploader.

Here's the log from our kill if you want to compare: www dt worldoflogs dt com/reports/rt-g8c2zmn4s38hc4ux/dashboard/?s=4430&e=5322

I'm not amazing at looking into logs myself, especially when it's in another language than my mother tongue. I'll have a look over it in a little more detail and see what I can spot, but no doubt some more experienced priests will be able to help with that.

You'll need to remember that I am not a world class priest and many others will have killed it quicker and have it on farm and as such may be able to help more. I'm just trying to point a few bits your way that I found useful personally.

Hope this helps!

McD

Quick edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryzrazor View Post
    Also, have fun falling down between the platforms its the hardest mechanic.
    We found that jumping as you run off the edge helped a lot and we had much less fails on this than when people were initially just running off the edge. Not sure what others have found.
    Last edited by mmoc966b2b2419; 2012-02-28 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    We (think we) saw great improvement too when we started to jump instead of just running off the cliff. Might be RNG, don't know.

Whould like to see the video anyway. I think you can just post the link here replacing the dot with [dot] or something like that.

We tried a bit but we dont even reach the 4th platform. We are doing it now with 2 Tanks. Our prot paladin couldnt solotank it. here are the logs of yesterday
    You need to fix your tank CDs along with timing them for impale. There should be no reason why your pali can't solo tank it given he has great CDs plus you have pain suppression on top of all of that. Your mages are a bit low on DPS I would suggest have one of them go arcane to buff overall raid and have more burst when needed.

For tanking on 1st platform tank can use dream+small CD to stay alive especially now with 10%. Platform 2 pali can use a major CD to stay alive, 3rd platform have PS+one of small CDs which should be back. 4th another major CD should be up. With you taking 2nd impale and dps dont see any reason not to be able to kill tentacles fast enough. If you have issues with bloods have rogue ToT on the tank which is great for procing Spellweave to kill tentacle faster.

Your dps seems fine I would suggest get more mastery over haste since you get haste buff on 1st, 2nd, 3, and 5(final) platfrom. So mastery might put out more damage plus help your AA+fiend burn on parasite. Also when you get to 4th platform as soon as tentacle is up lust and burn it should carry over to parasite that will be coming up. If need more clarification or help post and I'll try to be more descriptive of what we do.

Good luck

p.s. I can try to link our logs of our kill, however I am a newbie and webmaster is not allowing me to post links. You can look up Vintage on Burning Blade-US. We one shot madness today 28-2-12 logs. I am Fantacy spriest.

Deleted
    first: Thank you McD for the Video and Fantacy for your statement. I'll propose it today.

And what do you think, which trinket is better for this fight? actually i thought Bottled Wishes would be the best choice but I have the Rag nh Trinket, too. So whould it be maybe better to reforge something like 200 haste in mastery and use the rag trinket? whould lose about 600 haste, but get 200 mastery and 300 int and the trinket proc.
    i stacked so much haste to get the most advantage of multidotting and spellweave

I think bottled wishes isn't best option for this encounter. You want int and tons of it so if you have other options I would go with that. I think I saw many spriest use Rag trinket since it has a chance to proc spellweave I could be wrong. You can look into that from other spriest that used it during the encounter.

Your spellweave on last attempt (longest one) is pretty much the same as mine on our 1st kill (~17%). This week my spellweave is down since other raiders just destroy the adds before I can get mind sear off, so was really low on it (12.9%)