Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Actually, papyrus went out of use slightly before your grand-grandfathers day.
    You could have mentioned vellum, on the other hand
    Wow,

Back when I was a kid we used stone tablets and cave paintings....

Generally not being a dickhead is a good advice for any social media - there is no reason to post naked pictures of yourself or posting how much you hate other races.
    That said, set your privacy settings to maximum and change your name on Facebook to a pseudonym: this entire made-up crisis of employers looking you up for a job goes away. Maintain a clean and concise LinkedIn profile and keep Facebook separate and locked up.

It's a fad, and it's gonna pass as soon as companies realize they hired a bunch of incompetent morons based on their Facebook profiles.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    First the police, then the insurance companies, now employers.

They can find me, but I don't share anything with public. I only add family and real-life friends. Should our friendship come to an end (or I not spoke for long time) I delete the person. I also don't share everything on Facebook because for example I use a website for artists for my artistic works; not Facebook.

Of course, I only have a handful of contacts on my Facebook as a result. I find it hilarious how some people add half the world to their friend-list, and share everything with said half world too. It almost appears as a dating site, and these youngsters will find out that sooner or later what controversial you express in public will backfire you. You wouldn't be the first applying for a job where the employer finds a picture of you completely drunk on Facebook when you were 16 years old, smiling while drowning in your own puke. Generation Google, wake up!!

Good thing people that aren't my friends' friends can't even see my profile picture, and even they won't see much more than that. GL trying to get me friend my boss on facebook. And even if they could look at my full profile, the only thing they'd see is where I've studied and about a hundred people who've insisted to be my fc-friend. In other words, only pointless things, since I never use it. YAY for other people failing teh interwebz and giving me a better chance to score that job

Edit: grammar

Deleted
    If a company doesn't hire me because of my internet behaviour and not because of my irl behaviour, my experience and my skills, then it wouldn't probably be a good place to work in in the first place.

I'd simply stay away from facebook, but naturally that's only going to make the employers MORE paranoid of what might be wrong with me. >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this makes me glad I have chosen not to have a Facebook page.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience." ~Anonymous

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I don't have a facebook, so I don't really care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Facebook is great. Without it, what would happen to FailBlog's Failbook section?

10+ Year Old Account
    Facebook/Twitter, all that kind of shit is for idiots. My wife and friends included.

Deleted
    more facebook? oh goood nooooooooo!