Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slx View Post
    So, any of you guys that has any idea what that means in terms of release date? I have no clue, but I remember some people that had very good estimations for things like the wow expansion (I know, it's another game etc). Will there be an open beta like WoW had? will the closed beta be followed by many more closed beta's?

Anyone got a hunch?
    I have a feeling that the game is probably pretty much finished and that's why they're waiting a month to start the next phase of beta. They'll just be using these next few weeks to make tweaks and fix bugs, so that when the beta does begin players can focus more on playing the game instead of all the bugs. I'm hoping they took a note from SWTORs recent release and will try to fix all the known bugs before the public gets access to the game.

Then the public closed betas will just be to test their servers. The beta events will also be on the weekend, so it gives them all week in between each event to make more tweaks and fix more bugs. Each weekend you'll have a chance to beta test the game, and getting in for one weekend doesn't mean you'll be playing in any of the subsequent beta weekends.

They've said that they'll need tens of thousands of players to test the game, and they've also said that most players will get a chance to test it.

There probably won't be anything like an open beta, but they've said that there will be another chance for people to apply to the beta. I'm gonna guess this will happen shortly before the game is released so that they can test the servers on an even larger scale.

I'd say if we're lucky and things go smoothly the release date will be in May, but no later than June.

Disclaimer - most of what I said is just speculation, and some of it is having high hopes, and some of it might be giving them too much credit, but I'd like to think they're right on track to delivering a quality product.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-02-28 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Well it's pretty good news guys.

They said multiple closed beta's, this means if you didn't got a mail for the first one, you might get one in the week after. More chance for everyone
    Hype on
    Maybe they'll take pity on those of us stuck in the arse end of nowhere and let us bask in the glory that is GW2.

well, at least ME3 is coming next week, that will keep me occupied for the month

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Here i was thinking the beta would be at the beginning or somewhat in the middle of march...but now i gotta wait another month just for the BETA andprolly another 20 years for the game itself....i'm gonna cut myself

Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Here i was thinking the beta would be at the beginning or somewhat in the middle of march...but now i gotta wait another month just for the BETA andprolly another 20 years for the game itself....i'm gonna cut myself
    We have waited since 2007, WE CAN MAKE IT. Just a little longer!
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    We have waited since 2007, WE CAN MAKE IT. Just a little longer!
    Ugh...good thing i started gearing more alts in wow...my mage is fully geared (besides that friggin deathsing staff i just cant seem to get -.-

Ugh...good thing i started gearing more alts in wow...my mage is fully geared (besides that friggin deathsing staff i just cant seem to get -.-
    Should play GW1 and get the HoM items ;D

HoM

Should play GW1 and get the HoM items ;D

HoM

Oh HELL NO...that game makes me so agressive x.x every 10 steps i die and i hate dying...it's like losing to me and i'm a horrible loser :P
    I'd would have liked 15 points to get the moa for my ranger, but i couldnt take any more after 13 points >_<

Oh HELL NO...that game makes me so agressive x.x every 10 steps i die and i hate dying...it's like losing to me and i'm a horrible loser :P
    I'd would have liked 15 points to get the moa for my ranger, but i couldnt take any more after 13 points >_<
    Level with someone :P

I probably know some easy points, link your HoM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Once u have proper heros it's easy mode,pretty much a discord build and I was good to go
    or if you want to be traditional, They're on fire team build
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I wake up and see this...it saddens me. A month is so far away
    Doesn't take away the fact that a month-6 weeks ago we didn't have anything confirmed yet. Atleast we now know what date to look out for.

That's how I see it anyway, doesn't take the fact away that it's going to be a long month though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still find it odd how this late in the dev cycle they haven't announced even a release window. Afraid they will be cutting it a bit close from announcement till release anet typically doesn't have long if any public betas

Kind of afraid their advertising window will be too short unless they drop a street date within march
    The Original Ganksta

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    Still find it odd how this late in the dev cycle they haven't announced even a release window. Afraid they will be cutting it a bit close from announcement till release anet typically doesn't have long if any public betas

Kind of afraid their advertising window will be too short unless they drop a street date within march
    They don't want to be like other /rushed/ mmo's and release it to early and have problems with it. I'm sure many of us can bring up similar experiences with games.

They just want to release the best they can give us at release, which I applaud them for. And it doesn't seem that NCSoft is rushing them either, which is another +.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't want to be like other /rushed/ mmo's and release it to early and have problems with it. I'm sure many of us can bring up similar experiences with games.

They just want to release the best they can give us at release, which I applaud them for. And it doesn't seem that NCSoft is rushing them either, which is another +.
    You still need to balance marketing
    The Original Ganksta

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    You still need to balance marketing
    They could always advertise the game without a release date, then when they decide they can update their commercials? D:

Should be good to get into the final stages of development. Wish it was just a bit sooner, though >_<
    Last edited by airea; 2012-02-28 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    Here's mine, if you could take a look >_<

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Obviously, I'm not very far.
    Could start by completing the campaigns

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAEAEIAAAAAAA

Here's mine, I only got 23 rewards, but more to come, soon <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    They could always advertise the game without a release date, then when they decide they can update their commercials? D:
    It's more an issue of time I fear
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    Minipets are easy points (Rare/Unique) = 3pts
    10 hero statues should be easy w/ NF and EotN and if you got Factions get Rare Pet (Black Moa) = 6pts
    1 title is easy also, complete one campaign (not EotN) = 2pts
    1 armor statue, ~70k = 1 pt
    Destroyer + Oppressor weapon = 3 pts (Destroyer = ~60k and Oppressor you'll get in War in Kryta quest chain which you'll have after completing EotN or Prophecies)
    -----
    = 18 pts that are easy

P.S to get 3 more easy points complete all campaigns + do master mode (bonus objectives) in 2 campaigns