Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My new girlfriend. Simply put.

P.S. She is my "ex" now, but I don't see WoW in my near future.

you can quit wow? never knew that was possible :P

Still subbed, looking though for much more lore stuff.

Deleted
    I quit because game is not what it used to be.

It used to be game made for gamers.
    Now it's game made just to bring cash to Activision/Blizzard.

I started playing since beginning of Vanilla. Played all thru 'till a bit over a month ago.
    Vanilla was great.
    It was awesome game. 1st time going into Molten Core with 39 other people was sooooo epic.
    Whole Vanilla had the epic feeling in it, with 40-man raids.
    Then TBC came. It changed things, such as 25-man raids (and some 10-mans). But now looking at it - it was best expansion.
    There was always some content pushing you forward to see what you have not seen. Killing every new boss felt great, as you knew there was something new behind it.
    So, WotLK came. Start of downfall.
    Yes, WotLK had some great content too. Ulduar is one of best designed raid instances ever. ICC would be very good too, but too long 'use time' (almost whole year) ruined it. Not to mention TOGC, which was utter fail.
    And lastly, Cataclysm. Leveling was good. Changes to old world and quests were also good. Start of end game looked promising too.
    But all changed. Every new tier completely obsoleting previous one. So basically just few bosses per each tier to do over and over and over again.
    Addition of easy/hard modes made it worse, and with LFR - adding 3rd mode to same raid instance made it even more obnoxious.
    You just storm all thru LFR with no brain and all, and look at most brainless people there just whacking things randomly... and still killing all bosses.
    Similar for normal modes, which weren't much of a challenge, and then there's also heroic modes.
    Wow. Same bosses over and over. Really 'interesting'. And exciting. Not.

It's obvious Blizzard (err.. Activision) did all to reduce costs into developing WoW to as little as possible, yet to try and suck out as much money as possible.
    Game that was made to be played was made to be just a cash cow.
    There is no more epic feeling in it. No more feeling of any achievement.
    There is no more any feeling of server community on any server (do you even know names of top guilds on your server?!).
    Killing off of 25-man raiding guilds with 10-man modes... etc...
    So many things that went wrong to count.

In the end, it was what made me quit.
    Blizzard (err.. again, Activision) killed off an awesome game with catering to every single casual gamer who 'had to have it all' since they 'pay monthly fee'.

All in all, I did enjoy, really enjoy, many years playing it, but now.. it's gone.

I do hope GW2 will give at least some part of that back, once it comes

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit because the In-Game Community is horrible now. I have never seen so many obnoxious jerks outside of XBOXLIVE.
    It's like everyone's younger siblings have snuck on to play or something.

One thing I liked about Vanilla and being on my PVP server at the time, was that if you were a jerk, you would eventually be outed as one and not grouped with. When people were ninjas, you heard about it and could actually create consequences within the community.
    People would watch themselves more with their behavior, or re-roll.You had to be one faction or the other on a pvp server, so that also helped with community feel.

You could establish deep friendships within game dynamics and not reliant on real-life rules and vent. I always kept things in the context of the game. I don't care what sex you are, your age or where you're from. I don't want to know who you are outside of this game. Granted, if we did a raid, we'd use vent. Now, plenty of people want to know everything about you and be on real id . It seems the player base is very much younger than it was, or I have changed while getting older.

People used to be more helpful and respectful in general. Because of the way that the gameplay used to be structured, people respected the group dynamics in dungeons and didn't pull for the tank and survive it. There were rules. Before the age of GOGOGO. It was a slower pace, but it was fun to me. Pulls had to be done right or you'd wipe. The art of a line of site pull is lost now on a lot of these people playing today. CC was used in some scenarios or you'd wipe. I just miss that feeling of facing it all as a team and having each of us bring something unique to the table.
    Wrath brought World Of AOE craft and rushing.GOGOGO.
    There are a majority now that join a dungeon in the hopes of antagonizing people. It's just a sad thing to me.

My positive memories of this game and the quality of the game itself kept me going, but I will no longer pay to play this game with so many immature jerks and the broken dynamics of group play.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    I quit because the In-Game Community is horrible now. I have never seen so many obnoxious jerks outside of XBOXLIVE.
    I agree, although the community has always been pretty bad, I had a few good friends in Vanilla but they dwindled as the other expansions came out. The general sense of humour is bizarre, eg: Murloc/Kobold/Pandaren obsession (theres a fairly large divide on the last one but still). Personally I've quit for now because I'm finding that I'm becoming too old for this community, which is funny because I'm only eighteen years old. The general mentality is incredibly childish, I used to play when I was 11, and there was no discerning my behaviour between that of someone over the age of twenty, which is ridiculous.

Another thing is the direction I see WoW going in. I first played Vanilla of course, I really enjoyed it, but it got really boring, really fast. TBC came out and I thought it was amazing "A NEW WORLD!? FLYING!? OH SWEET JESUS!", plenty of new content was added which I enjoyed. Although raid content felt like Vanilla with a slight touch up. WotLK was excellent, just absolutely amazing, Vehicle combat, Death Knights, the lore, the "dark" nature of the expansion was just brilliant. I loved every second of WotLK and I still do, though TBC was good, to me WotLK made it look like dirt. Cata came out, it was hard, but I liked it, however it lacked content, badly. 80-85 was not as long as 70-80 as Blizzard was trying to claim and it fell short in some areas, but it was ok.

Then suddenly we get "MISTS OF PANDARIA!" At first I was skeptical, you can't just decide you don't like something without seeing information on it. What I saw made my eyes bleed, "A laid back expansion" , "We're taking a break from all the end of the world stuff" (paraphrasing). WHY are we taking a break!? Why the hell would we remove such excitement like that? Why for the love of god are we going to Pandaria, better yet, why does Pandaria even exist?

I blame the immature community humour, if WoW doesn't get back on track after MoP then I wont be coming back.

TL;DR "Pandas!? And people are EXCITED BY THIS!? *end subscription* This is just as bad as those bronies."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Lack of 25 man recruiting guilds that needs a rogue. My old guild died sadly and the stupid legendaries made it so every guild has their own now. How I miss this days when we were a rare class. If that doesn't stop it, my lack of DS experience and achievements does. No guilds seems to want to even give a veteran rogue a chance without a full achievement set anymore. Sad, because I know I could really do some damage in DS if someone would have me and I really miss the 25 man raiding environment. I'm always way on top of the charts in LFR with half firelands gear, when everyone else is rocking their DS set. O well...
    some guilds are looking for rogues mate *hint*

anyway the game has changed ... it changed allot and to me not for the better.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BinaryRobin View Post
    I can't see any reason why to quit this game, it's so evolved that there's almost no dull moments.
    Please lord, be joking, sarcasm, anything but actually serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got bored. Could not find anyone to PvP with, even though my PvP skills were somewhat decent. And I couldn't fine anything to do in PvE either. In wrath I PuG'd every single raid I ever did. From Naxx all the ways to ICC 10 Heroic. Now Cata is more guild based, and everyone in my guild had their "cliques" who would keep to themselves and that was that. After about 6 months of me just Random BGing and the once in a blue moon raid, I finally decided to bounce. I miss it from time to time, but I always remember that I will never find anymore PuGs w/o spending money for transfers.

Didn't have time to raid anymore with work and lifestyle changes. Wasn't worth my 15 bucks a month to stay.

Multiple reasons. Boulderfist sucks something fierce. Still not worth 25 dollars (which nets me nearly 6 gallons of gas now).
    Horde PvP is horrible, consistently.
    Lack of something to do. Nearly 11k APoints.. not fun.
    DS is quite boring. Still try ICC every now and then.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

10+ Year Old Account
    It was time to move on. Too much time spent in the game. And then, one day, I realized I could do so many good things with my life that I just never logged back in the game. I don't even feel like doing it.

Galloping on the plains with friends is so much better than killing pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by BinaryRobin View Post
    I can't see any reason why to quit this game, it's so evolved that there's almost no dull moments.
    This is pretty much why I came back after quitting in the middle of ICC. In addition to the 80-85 content, I am enjoying the 1-60 content ATM, as well as chasing after the new pets or fishing contents, etc.

LFR was a big draw as well. People may complain about it for not being oh so hardcore, but I kind of enjoy being able to log in whenever I want and find a raid within 20 minutes without spamming /2 and dealing with retards who want 385+ iLvl gear for nerfed DS normal.

I realized that I wasn't actually having fun, all I was doing was obsessively chasing a carrot. A carrot which became obsolete every expansion pack.
    You do mean every patch right?

Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    School took priority...I have no will power to do school work while I have an active WoW sub...so I take it out of the equation. Came back recently with 7 free days but, I don't intend to re-sub again until May at the earliest.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

I had to go to sleep, I'll unquit later today.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I lost the feeling.When i entered BRD first time, i was like"OMG these guys really care for their games and players".If onlt BRD was a game itself i would play it long long time.

Then they released Karazhan, again i was like "OMG".The feeling, the music, the ambiance, the bosses, the fights , tactics, boss speech, the design, the quests.

In Vanilla and TBC every part of game there was something going on, each meter of game was smelling lore, was telling a story.

Then Wotlk came; there was action in everywhere but they were there only to fill the area.Blizz was out of ideas it felt, played Naxx for months until Ulduar.Ulduar was great but still there isn't much to do in game.I used to run out of Orgrimmar to do something or to check a boss if it is there or farm something, same for TBC area.Northrend never felt that way.

Then Cata came;Someone destroyed my sand castle .

Game got way too casual, welfare gear ruined it with everybody running around killing Arthas thinking that they were champions of light and justice. Game is a joke now.
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit once way back when Aion came out.

I got so incredibly disenfranchised with WoW because I didn't agree with where they were going with the lore that I just went to another story for a while. And then I got over it... because it's not my story, it's theirs, and I realized I should respect that no matter how retarded I think it is. So I came back.

Recently I've been considering quitting because my server is dying, and I don't want to spend a ton of money on xferring my guild and bunch of prof-capped 85s somewhere else.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Too casual now. Epics are more common than common gear. you know theres something wrong when epics are more common. Miss the good old days when epics meant something. Showed some sort of dedication.