Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of friends stopped playing.

I quit one month after Cataclysm came out as I was pissed how much they broke the gameplay from Wrath of the Lich King. Particuarly 5 man dungeons.

Even though I played since Vanilla - I grew to absolutely LOVE the AoE Spamfest dungeons that were in Wrath when LFD happened. For me, that was a massive game-changer that raiding took a back seat to as, well, it was fun! My game changed from raiding to upgrade to running dungeons while getting upgrades via raiding. WHen they went BACK to hour+ long CC snorefests I stopped having fun.

Also the sense of STYLE that Wrath had was awesome! Every zone was gorgeous and well thought out. Quests/lore was great and I could go on and on.

Basically Cata had a huge number of massive "Derp" moments I absolutely hated. So I quit.

Upon hearing about 4.3 fixing quite a few of my gripes - I came back and was pleasantly surprised at the fun I had running the HoT dungeons and LFR - and Darkmoon Isle is a BLAST. However, 3 months later I'm finding myself VERY bored... the problem is I'm tired of running the same THREE HoT dungeons, but I can't queue up to run the older cata heroics due to a) MUCH longer queue time and b) Severely undergeared players are the only ones running that, as all the well-geared players are ONLY running HoT dungeons.

In Wrath, this wasn't a problem as ALL the dungeons were together in the Random queue - so 98% of the time you always got a kick-ass group. A bigger pool of 15+ dungeons meant I had a TON of fun-filled Variety! I don't get that kind of variety now with having to choose between either running the same boring 3 HoT dungeons or getting punched in the face by queueing old Cata heroics. Not to mention there was a LOT more you can do with your badges (before points) in wrath - you can use them to buy crafting orbs, Heirlooms (still new back then!), mounts, different tiers of BoE gear, Reputation Badges, even GEMS! Now? The crafting mats you can buy aren't worth the justice point expense as they're way too high... and all that's really left is BoE Valor/Justice gear to sell on the AH (which pretty much everybody else does)

I've actually found myself going BACK to old Wrath-Heroics and soloing that content for fun instead. It's actually faster, more reliable, fun, MUCH better designed (Nice to be able to just walk and LOOK at things... and see ALL the details for once!) and... to my amazement... more PROFITABLE than running Cata Heroics.

Nowadays, I don't even valor cap for the week. With PVP I'm really only a fan of large-scale BGs or ones that can actually use strategy... so only AV/Strand really interests me these days - and it's ONLY worth running those on the Holiday weekend if you're an alliance player like I am.

Dragon Soul - design wise - is completely soulless. I LOVE LFR, but HATE Dragon Soul. The 3 HoT dungeons, despite loving the speed and difficulty of them, are also souless design-wise. They're not places... they're just "events" using 90% recycled graphics.

I'm not even an active raider, and I'm bored of Dragon Soul (beat normal 2 times, and did heroic Morchok once and worked on Hagra - only as a place filler for somebody that dropped). It was the most lackluster designed raid zone I have witnessed. I'll be honest here and say if back in the day LFR had Trial of the Crusader in it, I'd actually would've had more fun with that. It at least FELT like they gave you something COHESIVE design-wise! It wasn't just popping/teleporting about Wyrmrest accord/eye of eternity/little islands/ect...

I think I'm giving WoW one more month (or at least one more Darkmoon faire. Love that place! Great for Fishing and DMI arena. ^_^) before I might pack my bags once again.

TLDR version: First time I quit I hated what they did to cataclysm. Second time I considering quitting, I am simply bored...

EDIT: Sadly, I'm still standing behind my sig. Maybe Pandaria might prove me wrong... but I'm REALLY having my doubts ATM...
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2012-02-28 at 02:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    God I hate it so much when someone plays this nostalgia card thinking it actually means jack shit. Guess what, I enjoyed EverQuest back when I played it 10 YEARS ago. Before WoW even came out. I just went back last month and started messing around on it again and I am loving every second. Some people actually have accurate memories and can remember things they like or dislike off memory. What this bullshit 'It's only nostalgia' card is saying is equivalent to someone who doesn't like bananas suddenly thinking they are the best fruit in the world just since they haven't had one for a year.
    The problem with that argument is that I don't assume people have no memories. They may have perfect memories. They may be completely unaltered. Nostalgia does not alter memories, it alters perception on the memories.

For example, for me Elwynn Forest is completely unaltered from the first time I rolled a female human mage and immersed in a beautiful fantasy world with beautiful music and sounds and images. I have forgotten nothing about it and it's almost unaltered and it's as I remembered it, and even if it's altered I would have the same opinion if it wasn't.

But the point is, I do not see it that way anymore. I grew out of it. I think of it more like graphics right now rather than a beautiful magical place. I've grown up for this game and I currently don't see the same beauty I saw, I saw a different kind of beauty.

Currently I'm mainly interested raid organization and game efficiency in general. Do I remember exactly the same game (even in the assumption it was unaltered)? Certainly. But do I see the same "beauty" and excitement on the things that might be unaltered and as I remember them? Certainly not. People grow out of things. The grow up. The seek new experiences. They mature out of their past excitement. It's not kansas anymore.

i quit because of bli$$ard/activi$m greed. You can have your character automatically and instantly transfered to another server, yet they make you pay 25 dollars, AND A BIGGER YET, they are trying to let you play with friends in every way possible BESIDES free transfers which is retarded. I want to be in the same world as my friends and have fun, but not at the cost of paying 25 or wasting time leveling another character.

because of their greed, they lose the potential 25+ dollars id pay for months more gameplay for one 25 dollar silly fee
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

I haven't logged on in nearly 12 days now. As a warrior who only does PvP at a competitive level I can't handle how poorly balanced everything is right now.

I quit Wow the day that these threads stopped being made.

Ohh wait .....

I was extremely disappointed with 4.3 (and the expansion as a whole), and didn't want to keep paying for a game that I no longer enjoyed. That's about it. Plus, I figured 6 years was long enough, and there are plenty of other games I can play with my guild.

Boredom with the ease of the game mainly, and getting temp banned and my wow time removed after blizz finally caught on to my wow time purchasing with gold was the final straw. Recently started playing again. Blizz gave me 7 days for free. Just enough time to buy another wow card with gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the past 7 years or whatever its been since WoW launched I've had the habit (as well as pretty much everybody I know who has played since vanilla/BC) of taking long breaks during boring periods. Sometimes they last for weeks, sometimes for months, during BC I took probably a 3rd of the entire expansion off since I didn't really like it, during Wrath I stopped playing inbetween Ulduar and Icecrown(TOC = NOPE), and for Cata I'm currently taking a break, witch will probably last until MOP. I didn't take any breaks in vanilla, and I have a lot of high hopes for MOP, unfortunately if MOP doesn't refresh a game that is going stale for me, then my long stroll through azeroth will come to a permanent end. (then again I've said that before)

these forums however will outlast my wow sub though, because 1. they are adding more forums for other games coming out and 2. because I endjoy MMO Champ
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

i didn't like the lack of content blizzard was putting out... i thought it was disrespectful of them to deliver so little to a large fanbase that pays more monthly in subs than probably every other mmo combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR and the customer support fiasco behind it. Sorry but losing No'Khaled to a Paladin twice and the fact that when I pushed the ticket I got a copy past message saying too bad. Not literally but there was no level of good customer support. You can tell someone you can do nothing while maintaining customer support. So I stopped my Annual Pass.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    nowadays, you get to eat the carrot every tier, that's when i started to realize i don't like carrots, i liked the chase.
    "The chase" is a perfect way to describe it. I really enjoyed the actual path of progression that existed in TBC and Vanilla. I don't think Blizzard realizes that they shot themselves in the foot with changing it in WotLK and now Cata. Content that was 10 months old felt brand new to people progressing through it for the first time. Items that dropped off Gruul (Daggerspine trophy anyone?!), vashj and kael still held top 1-3 BiS -- as such it was rewarding to finally kill them whether you were "months/years behind" or at the front of progression. Killing Vashj and Kael and hearing the uproar in vent with 25-30 people cheering after a month or more of working through the zone are 2 of my most favorite memories in WoW (I still have the killshots on my photobucket lol) I remember after my guild killed LK, it sort of felt like killing any other boss, except there was a cinematic...

After the release of WotLK and seeing how quick it was to progress from heroics to raids the masses really took off with the game, my server had maybe 30 guilds between horde and alliance in TBC, after WotLK's first tier there were 60+. Guilds that had been around since beta collapsed due to too many open spots and not enough players to fill them and soon the people that made up those guilds just stopped playing. They were replaced with a more casual crowd who wants a subscription fee to earn the right to see the "endboss," that for 4 years of this game was reserved only for those who put in the time and earned the right after a year or two of honing their skills and dedicating their time to 40/25 other people several nights a week. Whether or not it's better now than it was back when doesn't matter; this isn't the game that once kept me logging in nightly.

Everything I posted above is why I quit playing several times since Cata release. On a much more silly note, I also miss my god complex I once had in TBC even WotLK where I could outgear content and never go oom while healing D: but I could live with it, if it wasn't the only thing wrong with the direction WoW is going. I'm still sub'd but I don't do much in game besides logging in occasionally to speak to the 2 friends that still play.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I quit just because I had no more time for the game (I let my subscription run out a few weeks before AP exams started) due to school. I probably would continue to play the game if I wanted to, but even then my current schedule doesn't allow me evening time to raid, and I'm usually not home til at least 6. Now I have extra money to spend anyways so go figure

I didn't quit WoW, but my subscription ran out and I plan on playing it later. School needs my attention right now since it's going to be a little more pressuring in these upcoming weeks. Still, I'll probably come back, but later.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Haven't quit lately, probably won't continue after the one year thing I signed up for is over. The reason? You. Oh not you specifically, but everybody else. People, basically. People are bad. Bad at the game, bad at being decent human beings. I'm really fed up with it.

They made this game made for retards

brb spine harder then deathwing

brb kill heroic deathwing in a day after spine

brb no realm first titles anymore

brb clicking 12 year olds are in full heroic gear with legendarys

Deleted
    You know, no one is right or wrong. Just opinions...
    I quited for 4 months, and in truth I got bored since WoW slowly crept into a routine for me [I was unemployed and in a dark place at the time]. But during that 4 months I came to see, I was more bored without it... And when I returned Wow kinda helped, sounds sad but well, the community lets you forget your worries and just go forward even if it resets every expansion. But that's a challenge too right? Like any boss or character.

Wow changed, and forever will. Remember what you had, embrace the new. If you dislike change, yet after years of playing to only stop... Well that too is you changing ^^;. It's not turning your words against you, it's just change happens, even when you're unaware of it.

The game is getting maybe easier but, that's why there IS a heroic mode. It's down to you to do it sooner or later, you can have a bigger epeen, when the date on your achievement is older. The game hasn't changed much, you level, you raid or you afk, you pvp. The difference is now, it's a lot faster...
    Last edited by mmoc90f0fcd79f; 2012-02-28 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    simply there just comes a time when all things end and new things begin. WoW was a fine game when I started and a fine game when I left, it was that I who changed. I read the forums here just to keep an ear to the street for what's going on, I think one day ill come back (going on 2 years I haven't played).

It was the straw that broke the camel's back for me, starting with the one year it took for Cata to come out so we only had ICC. I quit because World of Warcraft keeps changing directions and did not seem to have a focus on any particular area, it seemed like a petrie dish for 15 just-graduated developers to fight it out to implement their own ideas instead of having a cohesive strong direction. As a result, the game caters to everyone, no one, is hard, is easy, makes necessary changes to classes, makes no changes, etc etc.

Example 1 Elemental Shaman have mediocre to low dps. The Elemental shaman t12 bonus came in which was very overpowered and then nerfed when Dragon Soul came out, showing the developers were happy to throw a bandaid solution to our dps, but cop out and make no further changes afterwards.
    Example 2 The drop rates for the legendary staff for Firelands made it almost mathematically impossible for 10 man guilds to barely obtain one until the player base pointed it out and changes were made. This should have been considered well in advance, especially for a game like Wow and the resources they have.
    Example 3 T11 was brutal. T12 was ok. T13 has 3 layers of difficulty. The lack of focus on catering for different play styles through the expansion led to frustration for a lot of people, I saw 80% of my friends disappear in the year before I quit.
    Example 4 The constant gear resets seemed to completely ignore all the effort that went into obtaining the gear I did get. There was nothing to acknowledge that work. While this has a constant feature in Wow for a few years, it gets old. Why bother trying to get the latest and greatest gear when all that time

I started to see Wow as a job, one which encouraged overconsumption of content to reduce their costs and motivate people to keep logging in. I did not find the lore compelling compared to the previous 2 expansions. I didn't enjoy the new leveling experience, it was on the rails and ripped off popular culture which made a joke of the game rather than provide a compelling story.

Also the annual pass was a way of confirming to me that Blizzard have no faith in the product they are selling, World of Warcraft, and would prefer to tie us to the game legally instead of providing content to keep us interested. No one gives away free games for nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    I'm still subbed, and suprisingly still enjoying this game.

Do I win? :3
    You win an award for not being able to read properly. You are entirely in the wrong thread.