Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is absolutely no fun challenge to it unless you reach max level and do the raiding thing. But when you can clear it in one 3 hour sitting that leaves me with nothing else to do since it's all boring.

I would really like to be playing right now but there's nothing for me to do. Hopefully once they normalize EVERYTHING I can be entertained for longer periods..... maybe.

When I quit (around Rift's release) it was due to hitting a 'wall' at endgame. On the server I was on at that time (Thorium Brotherhood) there was zero raiding going on, I was geared and ready for it, and just.....couldn't find a raiding guild.

I know, I know. ThoBro is totally an RP server, and one of the worst in WoW for raiding, but I had RL friends there. They then quit shortly after trying the beta of this "OMFGEPICNEWMMO" named Rift. I, well, made fun of them for a week, till i tried the Open Beta, and got hooked myself.

I came back for 4.3. It's fun, but I haven't cared to really raid since. Really, I haven't raided in any form (except LFR and old content) since getting stuck on Sindrigosa in ICC10 for 6 mos. No lie. I'm still thinking that kinda took the fun out of raiding......it's not very fun watching every week as my maaaagic betraaaays me....

Sigh. I hate that boss so much.

But idk how much longer I'll be around. Love my (new) guild and all, but GW2......

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The release of a different game that appealed to my fandom a bit more.

WoW's... alright, but I've done what I intended to do, and I was doing it with greater rapidity in recent patches. I might come back for MoP, but at this time,I don't want to pay for 2 subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elethiem View Post
    I started to see Wow as a job, one which encouraged overconsumption of content to reduce their costs and motivate people to keep logging in. I did not find the lore compelling compared to the previous 2 expansions. I didn't enjoy the new leveling experience, it was on the rails and ripped off popular culture which made a joke of the game rather than provide a compelling story.

Also the annual pass was a way of confirming to me that Blizzard have no faith in the product they are selling, World of Warcraft, and would prefer to tie us to the game legally instead of providing content to keep us interested. No one gives away free games for nothing.
    I agree about wow being a job but any mmo with a carrot chasing type of grinding system implemented will feel like a job. Heck I am quitting RIFT now because I feel its a job too, despite it being 100x better than WoW to me.

Also the annual pass was a obvious thing to players. They could tell what Blizzard were doing. Although tons saw the annual pass as a helpful thing, like free Diablo 3 and less money on wow. Very foolish of them and ignorant of them for unable to see some of the marketing reasons why this happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've enjoyed wow for many years. I really enjoyed Kara-ICC .. during that time period there were plenty of 25man guilds still on roll when Wrath dropped and it held up pretty well and things just came apart in Cata. Didn't feel like finding or attempting to run a 25man focused guild. With the blizz blurring the line between 25 and 10man content in the upcomming MoP I really can't see myself returning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I "Quit" because I got worn out. I still have my sub up, and pop on once in a while to talk to my guildies, but I haven't actually played in a couple months, since my guild stopped raiding, and my internet is too laggy to run LFR, and I really don't feel like pugging raids. Besides that, I started playing SWTOR, FFV and Batman Arkham City, and replaying Chrono Cross. I'll probably play around a bit later on, and I plan on playing again when MOP comes out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I realized that I wasn't actually having fun, all I was doing was obsessively chasing a carrot. A carrot which became obsolete every expansion pack.
    This is what did it for me. I was in the middle of a raid actually and I suddenly realized it is not fun ----> Alt + F4 right there. Guild was freaked out and called ofc just to hear that I needed a break. Now I only log in once every 2 weeks to keep my guild. Hopefully MoP will get me interested again.
    Last edited by Deleo; 2012-02-28 at 06:11 AM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Are.... are you Charlie Sheen?

Fun Fact, you saying you still play has no plausible, logical reason to be in a thread talking about why people are no longer playing a game. It has nothing to do with what part of a forum it is in. It is the equivalent of going to a presidential rally and talking about how we shouldn't have a president. If you feel the desire to do such a thing, you have far greater reaching issues, with the most common being insecurity with the game you are playing in this specific case. Other reasons could be a generic lack of an outlet for creativity and expressing yourself in your actual life among other things, but I would rather not get into diagnosing a rebellious, ignorant, disrespectful person right now, because regardless of any other issues, that is what you are being.

On Topic again, the second biggest reason I left was seeing just how much blizzard ignored the player base in person by being one of the 'lucky' people who got into the Cataclysm beta. So many threads were ignored, put off, deleted, etc. So many problems could have been fixed before going live. Blizzard just didn't give a shit since they were getting pushed into a set release date, and were far too busy doing stupid things on the test servers with GM powers for fun.
    You can call me whatever you want, you can diagnose anything you like... I don't know if you read all of the past posts involved in my reply, I guess not, as you would know that even if it bothered anyone here, my first post was not disrespectful at all, but was a mere opinion I have about the people that "quit the game" and still starts threads like this one.

And seriously, without any interest to troll no one... I really do not understand why people that quit a game because they didn't like it anymore, keep on creating threads about that said game... I mean, I understand people visiting mmo-champion to check the general gaming news or any off-topic thread... but to continue lurking the wow sections, I just can't get it... it makes no sense, because you are losing time chatting about something you don't like anymore... it's just not rational under any circumstances, at least to my understanding...

Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    You can call me whatever you want, you can diagnose anything you like... I don't know if you read all of the past posts involved in my reply, I guess not, as you would know that even if it bothered anyone here, my first post was not disrespectful at all, but was a mere opinion I have about the people that "quit the game" and still starts threads like this one.

And seriously, without any interest to troll no one... I really do not understand why people that quit a game because they didn't like it anymore, keep on creating threads about that said game... I mean, I understand people visiting mmo-champion to check the general gaming news or any off-topic thread... but to continue lurking the wow sections, I just can't get it... it makes no sense, because you are losing time chatting about something you don't like anymore... it's just not rational under any circumstances, at least to my understanding...
    Yes because no one ever talks about shit the don't like. No one ever takes time to bitch and to see if other felt the same. No one has ever sat around and bitched about some shit movie they saw, or some shit game they played, it's never happened. And certainly no one has ever bitched on a forum about why other people bitch on a forum about shit they don't like....

EDIT: On Topic. I played the game for a hella long time. Since before release. It was simply time to move on to a different pasture, not even necessarily a greener one just a different one. I am playing swtor at the moment and that is quickly becoming stale, though I don't believe it's due to the game. I think I may just be done with this current generation of MMOs. I have tried a great many of them, even the ones who are trying their damnedest to innovate. Right now my general issue with MMOs is a lack of innovation in end game. When the tech can catch up maybe I'll give it another go.
    Last edited by Hexxidecimal; 2012-02-28 at 06:17 AM.

game play has gotten worse , developers not producing anything great while at the same time making it simplified, stagnant, repetitive , removing the good from the game such as ruining balence eg 150 k hp etc etc spam cds no real customization and same scenery for so long like no rng anymore removing all elements of fun basically apart from arena i think there is nothing left

Deleted
    I haven't quit the game yet for the only reason that i singed up to the get D3 free and pay for a year deal. All of my RL friends hardly play anymore and I Don't have enough time to raid. So nothing for me to do in the game besdies lvling my 14th char to 85 -.-', WoW gets boring when you can't play with friends or someone who has the same amount of skills as you do, atleast for me it doesIt feels like I'm wasting my time going LFR only to seee allthe loots getting handeed out to people who in imo doesn't deserve it. The fact that gear is SO EASY to obtain atm really makes the game bad imo, gear is something you need skills to get, that's who it used to be. Also he fact that LFR ruined the "loot system" that's been going on for as long as i can remmember with MS>OS, seems like people got no love for others than themself in this game anymore. It's also these people who forget that there are people behinde screens the /2 has become the channel where people rage, hate and discriminate each other. Another thing I don't like is the no answer don't need you, in the WoW i used to play people had time to answer each other.

Didn't really like all the guild drama. And Blizzard's haste in wrapping up Cataclysm just because a few bitched about it early on really put me off on the whole thing.

Not sure if I'll try again at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't quit, but I've lost interest due to the lack of content.

3 new dungeons get old pretty fast.

I still get on to raid though but only somewhat half heartedly. I mean, I do my best once I'm in the raid and I enjoy it, but I have to drag myself to it first.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    I left wow for several reasons:

-The loot on my previous guild was distributed poorly: there were guys getting epics and tier over me, despite my performance and perfect attendance;
    -Said guild had lackluster performance to me; I was out-DPSing some main-spec DPS characters, with tanking gear;
    -Some of those main-spec players required a Rebirth-macro from me almost every fight;
    -Most of the person I loved playing with, have left the game; I got stuck with the others;
    -I hated this expansion and specially this last raid;
    -I am unemployed at the moment, so I don't have the luxury to waste time on it.
    first of,usual gear prio in raids: Tanks > healer or dps depending on which fights that are comming up.
    second of, for the part where u did god like dmg in tanking gear... proof or it didn´t happen (trash mobs doesn´t count)
    i can see why u left though, getting a tank geared dps in for a boss fight is bad.

Raiding is time-consuming and boring.
    Terrible lore.
    Boring quests and grind activities.
    Lack of quality solo content.
    Battlegrounds are under developed.
    I guess the only reason to play WoW would be arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Raiding is time-consuming and boring.
    Terrible lore.
    Boring quests and grind activities.
    Lack of quality solo content.
    Battlegrounds are under developed.
    I guess the only reason to play WoW would be arena.
    ofc i am right

I've been out for nearly a year (sub ended April 2011). It took me a while to figure out exactly what had driven me out, and I boiled it down to the following:

1) I was good, but not *that* good. I was solidly in the "lower upper class" -- which meant I performed well in raids but wasn't good enough (or committed enough?) to be a core raider in the best raiding guilds on the server, but I was consistently disappointed in the performance of a majority of raiders in the next-tier guilds.

2) The only semi-interesting activity outside of raiding, earning gold, had become a joke and lost all meaning. Professions and daily quests became overly tedious and non-rewarding.

3) PvP has always been severely imbalanced, and I never got any enjoyment out of it.

So I was raiding less and less, and finding the daily routine monotonous. What else was there to do?

But the biggest factor that contributed to my loss of interest in WoW was the introduction of the LFD/LFR tool. Honestly. With the change to the LFG channel from worldwide to town-only, one either had to sit in town doing nothing useful while trying to find a group, or open up the LFD tool (but you couldn't queue for dungeons AND raids at the same time to maximize your time) and get grouped with players who, approximately 95% of the time, fell into one of these categories: 1) someone queueing as a tank or healer for the short wait time, but then refusing to do that role in favor of DPSing; 2) jerks who would kick people out for no good reason; or 3) people so incompetent that they couldn't complete 5-man dungeons (or so impatient they couldn't handle minor setbacks and would ragequit, generally leading to a total disbanding of the group). There were many days when I would spend 3+ hour blocks of time and not get a single dungeon completed thanks to repeated combinations of the above happening. It just wasn't fun any more.

I do miss the good times, and am occasionally tempted to re-sub and log back in, but I just know how I'll feel when I resume crafting or dailies and when my first LFD group fails miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    The problem with that argument is that I don't assume people have no memories. They may have perfect memories. They may be completely unaltered. Nostalgia does not alter memories, it alters perception on the memories.

For example, for me Elwynn Forest is completely unaltered from the first time I rolled a female human mage and immersed in a beautiful fantasy world with beautiful music and sounds and images. I have forgotten nothing about it and it's almost unaltered and it's as I remembered it, and even if it's altered I would have the same opinion if it wasn't.

But the point is, I do not see it that way anymore. I grew out of it. I think of it more like graphics right now rather than a beautiful magical place. I've grown up for this game and I currently don't see the same beauty I saw, I saw a different kind of beauty.

Currently I'm mainly interested raid organization and game efficiency in general. Do I remember exactly the same game (even in the assumption it was unaltered)? Certainly. But do I see the same "beauty" and excitement on the things that might be unaltered and as I remember them? Certainly not. People grow out of things. The grow up. The seek new experiences. They mature out of their past excitement. It's not kansas anymore.
    So basically you agree with me that people can sustain memories without the nostalgia effect, because you yourself remember how you thought of Elwynn when it came out. You even stated that you see it differently now because you are not looking for the same things you were back then. I still look for the same things I looked for in games 10 years ago, playing the nostalgia card just doesn't apply to me, and to many many others as well. Trying to tell people that their memories are false or over-exaggerated just because yours were or are not the same is just asinine. It's usually best to assume that what someone remembers is actually what someone remembers, unless you are some sort of mind reading super genius.

The fact you can't even see your own immaturity slightly disturbs me. In any case though, to your bold and underlined comment... That very process is sort of how you progress logically, physically, politically, etc, etc. It's how nations were formed and inventions were made. You discuss what was wrong with X model so you can have consolidated information to improve with. If you really want some good examples even in just American history of what I am talking about, look at the founding of the USA, the Civil War and Abolition of Slavery, or how about even more recently on SOPA? Should the internet have just stayed completely quiet about something that would have destroyed it because it was "a waste of time to talk about it"? I mean honestly, if you are going to come in spouting idiocy and constantly say you are 'winning', at least take that time to go get an education instead of wasting others time.

On topic again, I will say I didn't mind LFD so much when it came out, but after a while it really killed much of the in-server interaction. With Wrath it still sort of existed between wintergrasp and trade at least on the smaller server I was on, but after Cataclysm came out it really felt like I might as well have been hitting the LFD button from the character menu and never even popping in to just afk or run in circles waiting for queue. I think if I had a nickel for every circle I ran around the major cities I could pay for another 7 years of wow straight up. If it was overall a good idea I am still unsure of, if nothing else having a server only queue button would be nice, and would at least give some people the chance to still have same-server interaction while keeping the convenience factor.

Deleted
    I'm just like you... still subbed and still enjoying the game... so yes, we win

By the way... the "quitters" will always find excuses to be on these forums... it's so pitiful... just like if their lover/partner dumped them and they are still obsessed so they can't stop thinking about them even when theorically they do not have any valid reasons to be here (yes I win again)
    Your sig is so fitting yet so hilarious at the same time. You're like the kid who sits alone during lunch. Everyone thinks the kid is weird but he just thinks that he's so awesome that noone dares sit with him.

Deleted
    It had simply transformed into something I didn't recognise or enjoy. I can't say the game has done anything wrong because the millions of players that still play and like it prove otherwise. I missed the social aspect and immersive world that had taken a back seat to inclusivity and convenience.