10+ Year Old Account

Next closed beta announced as " Late March "...

Hey all I have recently seen the update on Guild wars Insider http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/ stating their next closed beta event, the one many of us would have signed up for 4-5 days ago isn't being held until late March. Is it just me or is anyone else suprised / let down? After the seemingly quick announcement of the press beta and subsequent press beta event I was definitely expecting a similar time frame for beta signups to actual beta testing. After hearing this I'm so cut the wait is certainly dragging. So are you guys suprised or am I the only one? What are you doing to "cope" with the long wait for beta let alone release etc?

I find myself trying WoW again its keeping me remotely entertained enough for now, how about everyone else? Apologies for kind of random tangent crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really that surprised, and I don't really think I need to "cope" with it, either. I've got plenty of other things I can do and games I can play in the mean-time, and I wasn't planning to officially quit WoW for it anyways.

I'm still wondering when they'll choose to do an open beta, since they claimed to plan on release this year.

Let's all remember that in 2009, they claimed to be aiming for a 2011 release. Don't be surprised if it gets pushed back to 2013, but since the game already looks so finished, I'm hoping that won't happen.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Not really that surprised, and I don't really think I need to "cope" with it, either. I've got plenty of other things I can do and games I can play in the mean-time, and I wasn't planning to officially quit WoW for it anyways.

I'm still wondering when they'll choose to do an open beta, since they claimed to plan on release this year.

Let's all remember that in 2009, they claimed to be aiming for a 2011 release. Don't be surprised if it gets pushed back to 2013, but since the game already looks so finished, I'm hoping that won't happen.
    No wait that they're going to push it back. They've pretty much confirmed it by saying that it will be released shorty after Betas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea Im starting to get a little uneasy thinking maybe release will be later in the year than i was putting in the realistic catergorie. Personally I will definitely be leaving WoW and SW:TOR for GW2 if it delivers what it promises. Its the only one that really looks like its performing as expected from its videos being released etc. After playing SW:TOR beta I felt it was a lackluster game but tried it out after release anyway, especially given many mates left WoW for it and ultimately I play MMO's to play with friends. Definitely praying for 2012 release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    No wait that they're going to push it back. They've pretty much confirmed it by saying that it will be released shorty after Betas.
    Hi folks, just to confirm, the sign ups last week are for a chance at the next (end of march) and following beta events for #GuildWars2 ~AT
    Well at the very least, we can say it won't be before summer?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.