Leveling and new to Arms - bit help please

Since I was using the 2h boa sword while leveling fury, someone told me I should go arms instead, and so, willing, I read the arms thread and got a good idea what to do, although those guides are always optimized at being level 85... So I'm not 100% sure how to apply the guide to leveling.

My *main* problem currently is the stance-dancing macros. I've done what the guide says, but it's not entirely working out as it should: when Overpower procs, I use the macro, but it doesn't do the ability, it changes specs only. What's wrong, am I supposed to double-use it? Right now I pretty much Charge then Mortal Strike then Heroic Strike, then if I'm lucky I'm already in the Excute range. But when I miss MS or HS, then I got nothing to do but wait for a normal 2h swing, and if I get the Overpower proc, as I said I use the macro but it doesn't Overpower right away.

I will admit playing Fury seemed much more straightforward, but I'm willing to wait until I get Titan's Grip to really jump back to it. Any pointers will help, thank you.

(I'm only level 31, so I don't have all those high end abilities yet)

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms with a 2h, Fury is DW 1h until 69, when you can DW 2hs. Don't worry about stance-dancing till 85.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    you have sweeping strikes now, always should be killing 2 targets at once. Really don't need to worry about stance dancing while leveling like that just stay in battle stance and get that glyph that reduces charge c/d with victory rush you'll be nonstop killing.

If you feel like fury was more straightforward and fun, you should go back to fury. Just do what feels the most comfortable. While you're leveling, it seriously does not matter. As for the stance dancing thing, that's really not something to worry about until you hit 85. That's a min/maxing thing meant for squeezing out more DPS at level 85. It will make very little (if any) difference at lower levels, especially at level 31. Even at 85 you shouldn't do it if you have high latency. If you're going to play arms, just stay in battle stance and forget everything you read about those stance dancing macros until you hit 85.

(Note - I am not saying ignore that completely but forget it until you hit 85.)

And yes, you can't really apply those guides to leveling at all. Right off the bat. those guides all assume you're level 85 and have all your highest tier abilities. They also assume you're reached a certain gear level and met certain stat priorities (hit/exp requirements, etc). They also assume you are in some instanced environment (ie a raid or dungeon) and have a tank holding the bad guys off of you so you can stand behind the bad guys and do your maximum DPS.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-02-29 at 04:53 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I find things die so fast on my warrior with BoAs that I barely pay attention to ideal rotations and such. I usually wait and theorycraft all that once hitting max level.

As someone else said, I would level as whichever spec you think is the most fun. Leveling is painful enough as it is. Might as well make it as fun as possible.

Deleted
    As your leveling forget about stance dancing, it won't really benefit you at low level. Arms is good to level as but when you get around 70 i'd prefer level as fury as i feel the burst is alot better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    when Overpower procs, I use the macro, but it doesn't do the ability, it changes specs only. What's wrong, am I supposed to double-use it? Right now I pretty much Charge then Mortal Strike then Heroic Strike, then if I'm lucky I'm already in the Excute range. But when I miss MS or HS, then I got nothing to do but wait for a normal 2h swing, and if I get the Overpower proc, as I said I use the macro but it doesn't Overpower right away.
    As others have mentioned you really don't need to stance dance while leveling since it is a very small difference 3-4% damage increase.

For clarity however, the reason it does not do overpower is due to overpower needing to be cast in battle stance; hence when you press the button first time it switches you to battlestance then you need to press it again to hit it, you can do this within the same global cooldown and this only applies to stance specific abilities like rend and overpower etc. So after you do your overpower your slam or mortal strike should be casting with one click, since they can be used in both stances.