Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Good choice, enjoy the upgrade. =) I don't think you'll have too hard of a time installing them, a lot of us got our start installing small things like memory or a new hard-drive and then caught the bug. =P

Just a few pointers:
    - Make sure the computer is turned off. I also like to unplug the power cord.

- Ground yourself before handling the memory or the "innards" of your PC by touching the side of the PC case (assuming it is metal).

- Only handle the memory from the top or sides, never touch the metal "fingers".

- Line up the little notch of the memory with the little protrusion in the DIMM slot.
    Notch:
    Protrusion in slot:

Any particularly reason you picked something with as loose a timing as cl10? :x

Can you explain why that's bad? I was under the impression that CL hardly matters (assuming it isn't super high)...

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Can you explain why that's bad? I was under the impression that CL hardly matters (assuming it isn't super high)...
    Well tighter timings generally yield more tangible results than overclocking the memory itself. It's not to say that it's bad (the same way that I think overclocking memory is a literal waste of time). But the prices are just so similar between CL9 and CL10 I would recommend CL9 personally. CL7 you see quite a price jump and to me it just isn't justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the difference between CL9 and CL10 is almost nothing, we're talking maybe 1%

CL10 and CL7 on the other hand... we're talking more around 4%ish. If you care enough, that is.

Thanks Noteworthynerd,I know how to fit the stick in the slot, what I'm insecure about is what happens after that.. bios tweaks? driver upgrades? etc ill google it when I get the delivery