What do I need to up grade

I want to run SWTOR very smoothly without poor fps or any lag. What do I need to upgrade?

this is what I have:
    System Dell Optiplex 960
    Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 GHz
    Memory 4GB
    Hard Drive 320GB SATA II
    DVD-ROM Drive Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 GHz
    LCD Monitor Dell UltraSharp 1908FP 19-inch (DVI)
    Video / TV Card ATI Radeon HD4670
    Video Memory 512MB
    Sound Card (on-board) ADI 1984A High Definition
    Ethernet (on-board) Intel WG82567LM LOM 10/100/1000 Mbps
    Operating System MS Windows Vista Enterprise with SP1
    Power 305 Watt

Start with the GPU and PSU, then if that isn't enough you would have to do CPU/mobo/RAM. It depends somewhat on what resolution you are running at.

Deleted
    Your better off upgrading the whole thing, upgrading dell's is never fun

thanks i was looking at the price to get good stuff and i am now leaning towards getting something new ... i travel a lot so i would like a laptop but i hesitate because if i am going to spend the money i dont want to settle something subpar

Deleted
    That CPU would run SWTOR fine. It wouldn't be all out ultra-war, but playable at decent settings.

I'd recommend the same as chaud, upgrading your graphics card is what you want to do for SWTOR, and for that you'd need a new PSU. There's no reason to spend more money on a whole new computer right now if you don't want to.

*edit

I saw you entered the lcd and here's the resolution: 1280 x 1024, so it should run fine in SWTOR, although at some lower settings.
    Last edited by mmoc6223637058; 2012-02-27 at 03:52 PM.

any suggestions on a good graphics card and power supply ... my budget is around 300

You may wanna take some measurements before buying anything and make sure that an aftermarket card like the 560 Ti will fit in your system. We've got several Dell Optiplex(s) at work and they're kinda small...

I didn't even think about that. It appears the 960 comes in the 3 form factors they use, hopefully you have the biggest one.